Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

Have you read them before?  I'm in the almost to the middle of Year of the Flood.  I like that cover of MaddAddam, but the one for Oryx and Crake is so creepy.  Fitting  ;)  Definitely some of the stranger books I've read.

Just samples of the books, I liked what I read though. I love the covers too, that's why I wanted to match them up.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great looking sets of books up above, all of them!  It's so lovely to have the matched sets. 

I've read The Handmaid's Tale twice, and liked it much better the second time around.  I never could manage Oryx and Crake though.  Just couldn't. 

Athena mentioned you read The Handmaids Tale... did you like it?

I haven't read it, I just found a better cover I liked and bought a second copy or I forgot I had a copy and bought a second. :giggle2: can't remember now.

Great looking sets of books up above, all of them!  It's so lovely to have the matched sets. 

I've read The Handmaid's Tale twice, and liked it much better the second time around.  I never could manage Oryx and Crake though.  Just couldn't.

Hmm, I enjoyed the sample, but maybe when it comes to the book it could be too much. Soon find out I guess!

Honestly, I read The Handmaids Tale and hated it.  I really liked Oryx and Crake though.  And I think I am liking Year of the Flood too.  I noticed, on the cover, it describes Atwood as dark and dry.  I couldn't put it better myself at this point in exploring her work.  It's just odd.  But Weave assures me that is part of Atwood's charm :smile:

edit- awwww! Puppies!!

Edited by Anna Begins

Awww, such sweet puppies! :wub:

I remember reading Oryx and Crake but getting so confused by it (not sure why, though), so I don't think I read The Year of the Flood. I really enjoyed most other Atwood I have read, so I must give this series a go again.

Awww, such sweet puppies! :wub:

I remember reading Oryx and Crake but getting so confused by it (not sure why, though), so I don't think I read The Year of the Flood. I really enjoyed most other Atwood I have read, so I must give this series a go again.

Ya Oryx and Crake can be confusing at the beginning, but once the story gets going, it's becomes more normal.  Year of the Flood however, is extremely confusing (to me).  I'm giving myself almost 2 months to complete the Trilogy.

I am less than a hundred pages away from the end of A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold! So excited!

I must confess though, I did something very naughty. I skipped ahead a few characters (chapters) because I wanted to find out what happened to a particular character I love. :blush:

I then went back and read the ones I skipped of course.

Puppies!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Today, my mother, sister, myself and my boyfriend went and had lunch with my boyfriends mum, and to take photos of her pups. There was a bookshop next door to the place we ate at so we all went in - all of us readers. I had these two from the MaddAddam series.

but saw the first and third book matching my second cover, and well...

I'm so bad! :blush:

Ooh, those covers are so lovely. :) My copy of MaddAddam is the same as that, but in hardback, but the other two are the older versions.

Have you read them before?  I'm in the almost to the middle of Year of the Flood.  I like that cover of MaddAddam, but the one for Oryx and Crake is so creepy.  Fitting  ;)  Definitely some of the stranger books I've read. 

I've only read Oryx and Crake, but I can say for sure that it benefits from a re-read. I read it for a university assignment and hated it, but then had to re-read it later in the module and really enjoyed it. Perhaps the whole series is one that's best appreciated second time round?

I am less than a hundred pages away from the end of A Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold! So excited!

I must confess though, I did something very naughty. I skipped ahead a few characters (chapters) because I wanted to find out what happened to a particular character I love. :blush:

You're terrible! :giggle2: Glad you're enjoying it so much! Every time you post about the series it almost makes me want to re-read it again. :D

Edited by Signor Finzione

I've only read Oryx and Crake, but I can say for sure that it benefits from a re-read. I read it for a university assignment and hated it, but then had to re-read it later in the module and really enjoyed it. Perhaps the whole series is one that's best appreciated second time round?

You're terrible! :giggle2: Glad you're enjoying it so much! Every time you post about the series it almost makes me want to re-read it again. :D

I think it would be good to read all 3 twice, it would take away from some of the confusing factor, I think Weave is reading them for a second time.  I don't know if I could do it though lol  And what is the module?  Makes it sounds like futuristic bio-dome :giggle2:

Devi, every time you post about the series it makes me want to read it!

Edited by Anna Begins

Congrats on your new books, they look beautiful together :)!

So many cute puppies :wub:!! Instant cheer up :).

I'm so glad you're enjoying this book :)!

And what is the module?  Makes it sounds like futuristic bio-dome :giggle2:

:lol: As in, subject or course. We call them modules. So, in that particular semester at university, I studied three modules: Postmodernism, Holocaust literature, and 21st Century Women's Fiction. :)

Your definition is much more interesting. I'd rather have gone to the university that has futuristic bio-domes where people go to read books. :giggle2: