Devi's Mount TBR List 2014

Devi

I went on a little bit of a book spree. I only intended to grab this box set. I wanted it for display - silly I know.

fb193dfa7decabd9ce2fbc195606820c_zps4cc3

Then I saw these and thought well, why not. Heard it's supposed to be a good series.

10c45e1255b819f8a280cdea4d01d4d6_zps25f2

These last ones I could not pass up. There wasn't much difference between prices for here and BD, I imagine because it was already a released series. I bought these copies because I am attending a meet and greet signing event with Robin Hobb! - in Melbourne in November. I would love for her to sign these editions.

7f132cb968d1eff1b3a122c115ad2330_zpsca54

Edited by Devi

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ooh, great pressies! I really enjoyed The Graveyard Book and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest is one of my favourite books.

I love your editions of The Farseer Trilogy! I bought the trilogy cheaply at the book fair the other day ($4 each), but they're much older editions and nowhere near as nice. If I really like them after reading them, I'll definitely fork out for nicer editions. How cool that you'll get to meet Hobb in person!  :cool:

Awesome books! I've heard the Dashner series is even better than the Hunger Games. :)

And I'm so jealous of your Farseer books! I have the old shiny ones, and had to stop myself re-buying them the other week because I love the new covers so much. How exciting that you're going to meet her! :D

I just read past a couple of chapters past The Red Wedding in A Storm of Swords and oh my! What a chapter that was...

I am going to eat, clean, and shower as fast as I can so I can get to bed and keep reading!

I just read past a couple of chapters past The Red Wedding in A Storm of Swords and oh my! What a chapter that was...

I am going to eat, clean, and shower as fast as I can so I can get to bed and keep reading!

That's great :)! I agree, it was quite an intense chapter.

I've just noticed this, but why is there an 'n' after 'Devi's Mount TBR List 2014'? I can remove it for you if you want, though if you have a special meaning with it that's fine too, I'm just puzzled as to what it could be :unsure:.

That's great :)! I agree, it was quite an intense chapter.I've just noticed this, but why is there an 'n' after 'Devi's Mount TBR List 2014'? I can remove it for you if you want, though if you have a special meaning with it that's fine too, I'm just puzzled as to what it could be :unsure:.

:giggle2: No it's not meant to be there, I didn't even notice it. I must of accidently typed it when I was editing my first post yesterday. Thanks for the heads up.

A little late to the party, but I can't wait to read The Maze Runner series!  I had been wanting to see the movie first, but it looks like that won't happen.  I'm planning on November or December for them.

They are on my TBR too, though I don't have a specific time on when I plan on reading them (group read anyone :P?).

Yeah sure, I would be up for a group read of Maze Runner.

Edited by Devi

Sounds good :)!

I'm in.  Could we do it this year?  At least the first one?

I don't mind reading at least the first book this year.

I don't mind reading at least the first book this year.

Same! Though I think when I read the first book, I'll probably want to read the other books soon after that.

I don't think I have any specific plans for November post read-a-thon, so whenever it suits the both of you :). The end of November would work for me I think (at this point in time, at least).

Anyone got plans for November? Post read a thon?  I will have a school break around the 27th for 3-4 days.

Same! Though I think when I read the first book, I'll probably want to read the other books soon after that.I don't think I have any specific plans for November post read-a-thon, so whenever it suits the both of you :). The end of November would work for me I think (at this point in time, at least).

November is fine :)

It's 386 pages.  So should we shoot for the last 2 weeks of November?

I am happy with the last two weeks of November.

Today, my mother, sister, myself and my boyfriend went and had lunch with my boyfriends mum, and to take photos of her pups. There was a bookshop next door to the place we ate at so we all went in - all of us readers. I had these two from the MaddAddam series.

0534dd99aed1b7c96bc0906c4c4de4ba_zps2328

but saw the first and third book matching my second cover, and well...

44badc729bdae7ae7738335c6ce01085_zpsa73a

I'm so bad! :blush:

The books are same size, photo is a little misleading.

Edited by Devi

Have you read them before?  I'm in the almost to the middle of Year of the Flood.  I like that cover of MaddAddam, but the one for Oryx and Crake is so creepy.  Fitting  ;)  Definitely some of the stranger books I've read. 

More pics of pups, please :blush: Or is that too demanding? :blush:

Sure! :)

I wanted to smuggle one away... :giggle: One cllimbed into my jacket to keep warm so I nicknamed her snuggles.