What's up in August?

Kell

The gun is used in most places as it is less visually traumatic and easier to use. However the gun can cause more tissue trauma as it uses the stud to pierce which is blunt when comapred to a needle. This increased trauma means that healing takes longer. With the ears it's not such a big issue as healing time is the quickest for any type of piercing but it still has an impact. The most important thing is that whatever is used must be clean (autoclaved) and the piercing is kept as clean as possible while healing.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my! I had my ears pierced for my 7th birthday and I've never gotten over it. I won't even entertain the idea of any more piercings. Luckily for me, the holes have never closed up, so I can still enjoy wearing earrings. I wouldn't get them re-done if they did though. :icon_eek:

I can't believe how fast this year is flying by. I don't seem to have had a minute to stop and enjoy the scenery. It also doesn't help that we haven't really had any decent weather to signify what is supposed to be the "summer" season. It just feels like one long autumn to me.

I had my ears pierced as a kid, and it hurt too much trying to turn them while they were healing. It all just freaked me out. So I left them close up, and have never had any piercings since.

Also for the people who asked about my dog, unfortunately when they got her to put weight on her leg this morning, the hip popped straight out, so she had to have the hip completely replaced, and she'll be lucky to regain 50% use of that leg. So she's going to be partially lame for the rest of her life :(

Also for the people who asked about my dog, unfortunately when they got her to put weight on her leg this morning, the hip popped straight out, so she had to have the hip completely replaced, and she'll be lucky to regain 50% use of that leg. So she's going to be partially lame for the rest of her life :(

sorry Noll :(:console:

Sorry to hear that Noll, but with a good surgeon, lots of rest, therapy, weight management (and TLC) she can have a good quality of life, my Obi had 2 major elbow ops when he was 5/6 months old and is still doing fantastically well over 8 years later, hang in there, things will hopefully soon get better for both of you... :)

Family day out with friends who are visiting from Swindon. Lunch at Pizza Hut then cinema to see Brave. Working tonight, but that can't be helped. Will have a great time anyway. ;)

I am celebrating having completed my NVQ this morning after 8 months of hard work. All I have to do now is wait for the external verifyer to check things (which is just routine) and wait for my certificates.

I am seriously thinking about going into retirement again. My work isn't quite as enjoyable now. maybe I am just having a "down" week.

:( Hope it starts to look up for you Muggle :(

Counting down the hours now til mah holidays! :D

My weekend started at lunchtime, and have treated myself to a cup of tea and a sandwich at my favourite café, along with a little bit of a read of my new book. :)

Disappointed that the Olympics is coming to an end, so will have to make the most of the last few days. Don't know what I'll do with myself next week! :giggle2: The worst thing is the football season starts again soon, so instead of joining in the sporting conversation at work, I'll have to go back to ignoring it again. :(

My weekend started at 2pm when I finished work, after an arduous and very hot 7 day stretch.

I have to go into Guildford tomorrow morning to collect some trousers I ordered and then I am interviewing one of the National Trust Rangers here at Box Hill about the recent road races for Corans video. We know this particular Ranger well as he writes for the Box Hill News of which I was until recently the Editor.

On Sunday if I can be bothered, we might go down to Portsmouth for the day, otherwise I suspect it will be a day of lounging around in the garden with a good book and watching the last of the Olympics.

Well last month, I applied for an ms grant. The ms society give people with ms a one off grant to follow a dream they no longer can achieve due to their illness.

Well I got the call to say I was picked as one of the lucky ones to receive one! There is a lunch to attend to receive our grant, I'm currently awaiting on details to come in the mail.

I've already started looking into prices for everything I said I would do if I received a grant. :giggle::D

Well last month, I applied for an ms grant. The ms society give people with ms a one off grant to follow a dream they no longer can achieve due to their illness.

Well I got the call to say I was picked as one of the lucky ones to receive one! There is a lunch to attend to receive our grant, I'm currently awaiting on details to come in the mail.

I've already started looking into prices for everything I said I would do if I received a grant. :giggle::D

That's great news Devi :D :D :D

Congratulations Devi - that sounds like quite an opportunity.

I have finished work for the next 2 days and have a busy day planned for tomorrow - I am interviewing 2 people for Corans Olympic road race video - the Chairman of the Friends of Box Hill and an artist who did the artwork around the ZigZag for the National Trust - I have met both before so it should be straightforward. Not much planned for Friday - will have to see what the weather is doing.

Thanks guys, I am really excited! I really needed some good news after a pretty dismal year health related, everything else was good though!

:D:hug:

Edited by Devi