What's up in August?

Kell

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither can I! Bad timing though - hubby is working today and I'm working tonight - LOL!

I just can't believe we're into August already - where is the time going this year? It's all flying by so quickly it feels like it only started 5 minutes ago. Of course, it doesn't help that we're still getting quite wintery weather, which makes it feel like it's February rather than August - LOL!

Happy anniversay Kell - you'll just have to delay the celebrations until you're both off and then you can have a lovely day together!

I don't really have anything going on in August - we've already had this year's holiday so I'm now just counting down the days until I turn 29 and a bit in November and then my son's second birthday in December, then Xmas!

Happy Anniversary!

August is a busy month for me. My friend returns from her 4 month trip to South East Asia tomorrow! Saturday my Fiance, his parents and I all leave for vacation for a week. Later this month is our 2 year anniversary! On top of everything, I have to get ready for school which starts next month! Stoked :D

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, Noll :(. Good luck on the x-ray and I hope her hip doesn't end up being fractured :empathy:

Congrats on your anniversary, Kell, and good luck with all of your busy-ness, Whitegold! Can I ask, where abouts are you in Canada?

Today was my last day at work until next Friday the 10th. We had our company picnic and I won a day of vacation which I'm sure will come in handy later in the year. I'm off to the cabin tomorrow and will be doing lots of relaxing on the dock. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend/week ahead of them! :D

My dog got hit by a car tonight :( She's alive but her hip might be fractured, will have to see what the vet says tomorrow when she's x-rayed :(

Oh Noll! I'm so sorry that happened. :( :( I hope it isn't fractured. Drat.

It's hot, hot, hot here, heat index hovering around 108F/42.2 here. No fun at all, but oddly, not too terrible. Well, I can say that, I don't have to be out in the heat. In and out of a/c :roll: Going to finally get the oil changed in the Jeep tomorrow, over due. :eek: Bringing a friend to pick up her new/used car from repair (tomorrow). Same place. A mechanic I've known for ages. Good guy.

Bought some beautiful white linen, flax floaty pants an tops. Loverly. :D

My dog got hit by a car tonight :( She's alive but her hip might be fractured, will have to see what the vet says tomorrow when she's x-rayed :(

Oh Noll!! Sorry to hear that :( Hope she's ok .. keep us updated.

Life in Box Hill has returned pretty much to normal since the races took place - if it wasn't for all the bunting you would never realise that anything had happened. I expect there will be a major influx of cylists though this weekend, once the ZigZag re-opens. It's too dangerous to drive down there at the moment due to amount of HUGE lorries removing all the barriers and so on. It is course though open for walkers.

Today being my first of 2 days off, Coran and I got up early to try and do some filming around the ZigZag before the murals that have been painted on the road get ruined by tyre marks. The light was just right, with the sun breaking through. We managed to get through the security road block alright and walked right the way down (about 2 miles), taking pictures of all the different things that were written on the road, and of course the now a lot more famous views, then all the way back up again. Then a cup of tea at the top and on to Sainsburys for the weekly shop and lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent watching various Olympic events and reading - what a day for Britain !

Edited by Talisman

August already! It's my 9th wedding anniversary today. :)

Happy anniversary Kell.

Hope your dog is ok Noll, keep us posted :empathy:

Let's see what has happened so far this month???? Well son came home for yesterday and is here till Sunday or Monday which is great as we normally only get one or two nights stays when he does come home. He went out last night to see a friends dad play in Blackpool (it's punk festival time) got a bit drunk fell over and hurt his knee as well as losing his phone! The phone was found and a nice girl rang me at 2am to say so! Today was busy at work and I also went to pick up Hannah's birthday cake - she is 18 tomorrow :o Not long back from playing with the dogs on the beach so just chilling now till bedtime.

Oh no Noll! I hope she's ok and the news is better than you're expecting, please let us know how she's doing tomorrow x

I've just gone and got my ears pierced for the first time at the grand old age of 22! I've been debating for a while and finally bit the bullet today. It didnt actually hurt and now i cant stop looking at my pretty little earrings :)

I've just gone and got my ears pierced for the first time at the grand old age of 22! I've been debating for a while and finally bit the bullet today. It didnt actually hurt and now i cant stop looking at my pretty little earrings :)

Good for you Laura! I had mine done when I was five before the gun was available, and it was still done with a needle - I can still remember it was my godmother who took me to have it done, but I don't remember it hurting. Earrings are the only jewellery I wear nowadays, I don't even wear a watch anymore.

Went out for a coffee this morning, to make sure I got some reading done, and did a little bit of shopping, and now back installed in front of the Olympics, currently switching between the triathlon and the athletics.

I don't even wear a watch anymore.

Does anyone? They're quite outmoded articles now aren't they :( I never know the time when I'm out now and it always takes Alan about a minute to fish his mobile out of his pocket, switch it on, squint at it, and then tell me .. it'd be no good searching for my phone it's always buried deep in my handbag. I'm one of those people who really, truly, only have one for emergencies .. I don't even know the number. I have a nickel allergy and so it took me forever to find a watch that didn't bring me out in a rash .. goodness knows where it is now .. buried in a time capsule possibly :D

Went out for a coffee this morning, to make sure I got some reading done, and did a little bit of shopping, and now back installed in front of the Olympics, currently switching between the triathlon and the athletics.

I didn't venture out because the weather was terrible here first thing and also because Alan is sleeping off his night shift but I wish I had because there was nothing really Sundayish for breakfast. I can do cereal and tinned fruit but only on a weekday. Give me that on a Sunday and I'm mutinous for the rest of the day .. I had cornflakes so watch out world :banghead:

Hope you had a nice coffee out Claire .. did you perchance have anything with it? :D I am loving the Olympics again today .. the triathlon is awesome.

Wecome to the world of earrings Laura .. all sorts of exciting possibilities await you :D

Does anyone? They're quite outmoded articles now aren't they :(

Really? Everyone thinks I'm odd for not wearing a watch ... although maybe that should just be "Everyone thinks I'm odd" :lol:

Hope you had a nice coffee out Claire .. did you perchance have anything with it? :D

I didn't have anything with my coffee yesterday, but went out to get petrol this morning, and stopped off on the way home to get a takeout coffee, and somehow managed to bring home an almond croissant with it. Not quite sure how it happened, but I can confirm it was rather nice anyway :giggle2:

Edited by chesilbeach

Most people I know still wear watches, but I haven't worn one in years. I'm very minimalist in that I never wear jewellery etc. The only adornment I ever wear is a hairband that I keep on my wrist when it's not keeping my hair tied back. Mum hates the way it looks, and she also hates that I don't wear a watch. She threatened to buy me a nice one for my (milestone) birthday this year, but I managed to talk her out of it. :) I have my phone on me all the time and it only takes a few extra seconds to fish it out and turn it on to check the time.

We've had a really good weekend, Hannah's birthday was fab she got a tattoo on her leg and her dad got a matching one, we also had a family meal out which was yummy. Hannah then went on out with her friends and finally made it home at 5,30am Sat morning! Ant is still with us which is great and tonight hubby and I went out for tea just the two of us, first time in years. Also managed a bit of a spending spree on amazon including six books for my kindle!

Now catching up on the olympics before getting ready for work :(

Good for you Laura! I had mine done when I was five before the gun was available, and it was still done with a needle - I can still remember it was my godmother who took me to have it done, but I don't remember it hurting. Earrings are the only jewellery I wear nowadays, I don't even wear a watch anymore.

I was quite surprised how they do it with a gun, but id rather have that than a needle, i dont think i would have had it done otherwise! I dont wear a watch either to be honest i dont think i ever have!

Wecome to the world of earrings Laura .. all sorts of exciting possibilities await you :D

I want to put some different earrings in already . . . but i cant for six weeks yet! I think im going to end up with a lot of different earrings :)

Re the ear piercing, I had the first set put in when I was in my early twenties (early 1970's), second set put in by early thrities. :) Both with that gun thingy, didn't know anyone (professional anyhow) used needles anymore. As an aside, when I went in my 30's, my Aunt who was in her 60's at the time had her first and only sent of holes drilled. :D I think she only did it because I did. hee hee

I keep trying to talk my husband into haveing at least one ear pierced, but no dice, won't do it! :crazy: I've offered cookies, but still, no dice. /evil grin/

poppy, can you imagine it?? oohhh, I wish! :D :D ^^

We've been taking one day trips, and overnighters down to N.O., seeing and doing. Fun. :D