Dan Brown - Angels & Demons

Kell

I always have to suspend my belief from the rafters to read a Dan Brown, and yes he does have a rather clumsy and clunky way of expressing his charatcers depth of knowledge. Having said that, there is always a fairly good pace to his stories that tugs you along nicely and if you keep you sense of reality in check they can be entertaining.

Many have said that they enjoyed 'As & Ds' more than his other books, but I found this one too improbable to really enjoy properly - and I can take a lot of fluffy nonsense in my reading and still enjoy.

I will probably get the film from a bargain basket some time in the future, but I won't be rushing to see it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved The DaVinci Code, and the hype surrounding it quite amused me. It seems that quite a few people forgot all about it being fiction, which was funny. :) But that's a thread on it's own...

I wasn't planning on reading Angels and Demons, but I've added it to my wishlist. It can serve as light, entertaining reading when I feel like taking a break from more serious novels. :)

Good quote :)

I actually really like this book, it's his most well written and delivered i think. Much better than The Da Vinci Code as i've probably said before. I love all of the twists and turns and the bit where they head underground is really well done too.

I agree. Angels & Demons is much better than the Da Vinci Code, although I liked that as well. I admit they are "easy" reads, but that is part of what makes them enjoyable. I hope to reread A&D before seeing the film, which I'm very excited about!

They are quite 'easy' to read and flow well imo, which means Brown does things right in that respect :)

They are quite 'easy' to read and flow well imo, which means Brown does things right in that respect :smile2:

I agree. I haven't read it for a while, but think that I will re-read it now that I have seen the film. The subject matter is something that I know little or nothing about, so it is nice that he explains it well in the book.

That's what i love about his books, he takes a subject which a lot of people wil have very basic knowledge about and he weaves facts and interesting information into a twisting plot and for me, anyway, leaves me fairly content and entertained.

That's what i love about his books, he takes a subject which a lot of people wil have very basic knowledge about and he weaves facts and interesting information into a twisting plot and for me, anyway, leaves me fairly content and entertained.

:smile2: Couldn't have said it better myself!!