Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

I really enjoyed the Ice Cream Girls Laura, the cover certainly doesn't reflect the content, enjoy!

Thanks :) its one I've had on my wishlist for quite a while so I'm glad that I've finally got it!

I have a book somewhere by the same author I think....something about marshmallows...? Haven't read it yet though

I have that one aswell Marshmallows For Breakfast, I have so many books on my TBR pile now its not even funny!

I've actually managed to finish my book :blush: its taken me a week and a half but I've finished Being Committed - Anna Maxted. A really good book, just what with things going on I've had no time to read! I've started to read Constance and Faith by Victoria Routledge now.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, I've fallen so behind on here :blush:

I think I have about 20 books to add to my 'read this year' pile. I won't list them here but I'll put them in my reading blog when I get around to it :blush: I've also quite a few to add to my TBR pile. I do have an excuse! :D My books are all packed up cause we're getting new book shelves built, so I've been using my kindle ... damn you Amazon for being so tempting :irked:

Its so so true, even now I have hit a quiet period of work and am browsing Amazon looking for something to download, I haven't even finished the one I am reading......its an addiction.

Nevermind though. There are plenty of worse things to be addicted to. :boogie:

Still reading Jill Mansell 'Millies Fling' a very good book on page 219

I bought a book by Susan Lewis this morning, Wicked Beauty, very large book about 750 pages, keep me out of mischief for a while.

I have over 60 books TBR

Had a very busy book day! Finished the short story collection The Fahrenheit Twins by Michel Faber this morning, and read some more of The Death of King Arthur by Peter Ackroyd. Then headed over to Bristol for one of the sessions at the ShortStoryVille festival in the Arnolfini, celebrating the art of the short story. Will write a bit more detail about it in my reading list thread, but it was excellent.

I have that one aswell Marshmallows For Breakfast, I have so many books on my TBR pile now its not even funny!

I've actually managed to finish my book :blush: its taken me a week and a half but I've finished Being Committed - Anna Maxted. A really good book, just what with things going on I've had no time to read! I've started to read Constance and Faith by Victoria Routledge now.

Marshmallows..that's it! And since I'm here I also have something by Anna Maxted.....hang on, gonna go look.............Behaving Like Adults (I actually got off my *ss and looked :giggle2: ) haven't read either one so far

Marshmallows..that's it! And since I'm here I also have something by Anna Maxted.....hang on, gonna go look.............Behaving Like Adults (I actually got off my *ss and looked :giggle2: ) haven't read either one so far

I would definitaly give the Anna Maxted book a go, the one that I read was really good and really funny!

Done about 50 pages of American Gods, really building into a caramel textured bar of awesomeness now, getting a feel of what he was aiming for, stuttered a little along the way but flowing nicely now. Also got around twenty more pages of Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, very surreal and therefore enticing!

I would definitaly give the Anna Maxted book a go, the one that I read was really good and really funny!

you know, I think I will....it looks light and beachy....I could do with that next :D

I've read the first 3 books of the Septimus Heap series (by Angie Sage) these past days. My daughter is a fan of the series and me, enjoying fantasy, decided to give it a try. It's a wonderful series and since we only have the first 3 books at home (my daughter is saving now for the forth book) I"ll have to get it from the library after finishing the library books I still have to read. Angie Sage really created a lovely place and even though this genre has been written so often, she still managed to create something unique and even added new elements. The humor in it surprised me too. I enjoyed reading this and hope to get the fourth book soon.

Amongst other books I'm reading there is an interesting non-fiction book called 'Lost History' by Michael Hamilton Morgan. He provides the many missing and (sometimes deliberately) forgotten links in history. His book also shows how outdated and wrong the words 'clash of civilizations' are when talking about Islamic influence in the world. It was worth buying.

I've read the first 3 books of the Septimus Heap series (by Angie Sage) these past days. My daughter is a fan of the series and me, enjoying fantasy, decided to give it a try. It's a wonderful series and since we only have the first 3 books at home (my daughter is saving now for the forth book) I"ll have to get it from the library after finishing the library books I still have to read. Angie Sage really created a lovely place and even though this genre has been written so often, she still managed to create something unique and even added new elements. The humor in it surprised me too. I enjoyed reading this and hope to get the fourth book soon.

I'm a huge Septimus fan!

I've moved on to DeNiro's Game by Rawi Hage. A couple of chapters in, and it's looking good. The blurb says:

Bassam and George grew up together in war-torn Lebanon. Wild young men in the ruins of a splintered city, their childhood games have taken on a dangerous edge. Bassam needs money to fund his escape to the West and George wants the power that only the criminal underworld can give him. But their hopes and dreams betray them, dragging the boys towards a fate they don't know how to resist.

I'm a 150 pages through 'A clash of kings' now and am really into it. I was worries it wouldn't live up to 'Game of thrones' but so far it has.