Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading and thoroughly enjoying 'The Torchwood Archives' by Warren Martyn. Being a recent convert to Torchwood having recently worked my way through the 3 available series on dvd, and so now I am leaning toward the peripheral literature.

I am not usually one to look at or buy 'stuff' related to a television programme, but I wanted more from Torchwood (I have the radio plays already), so I have succumbed, and am darned glad I have. :D

No reading done today yet, although I have made a list of books I wouldn't mind swapping so I'll be starting a swap thread pretty soon. I also managed to get some paperbacks today:

Rachel Caine - Bite Club

Nora Roberts - Birthright

Nora Roberts - Dance Upon The Air

Finished The Economics of Ego Surplus was really impressed, especially as the author is an economist, not an author.

Starting The Weight of Silence- Heather Gudenkauf

Today I began reading 'The Swan Thieves' by Elizabeth Kostova. It's past midnight here now and I'm about to continue reading in bed until I fall asleep, which could be quite late if this book is written well. readingtwo.gifZzzz.gif

Today I began reading 'The Swan Thieves' by Elizabeth Kostova. It's past midnight here now and I'm about to continue reading in bed until I fall asleep, which could be quite late if this book is written well. readingtwo.gifZzzz.gif

Absolutely loved that book, Sadya!

I read quite a bit of Haunted last night and today when I got home from work, so I only have 41 pages left! I'll definitely finish tonight. Tomorrow my friend is bringing the other 2 Hunger Games books and the next couple of Sookie books and I'm excited to dig into those! :D

I've just finished a Kindle book called When the Flowers Died. It cost all of 86p and is a darn good read. I'm now going to start on All Quiet on the Western Front.

I finally finished The Greatest Show on Earth, and it has inspired me to re-read Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. On the fiction front, I'm about to start Holes by Louis Sachar.

Had a lot of spare time today, hanging around waiting for things, so I've re-read Girl Meets Boy by Ali Smith, read a decent chunk of The Death of King Arthur by Peter Ackroyd, and read three short stories from the Bristol Short Story Prize Anthology Volume 3.

I'm trying to finally ease my way in to the forum again, it's going to be a pretty daunting task going through all the posts and might take some time :blush:

Finished The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón last night, and thought it was a fantastic read that I'd recommend to everyone.

Wohoo! I'm so happy you enjoyed it so much, it's an amazing read and it's on my top 5 books. :smile2:

I think I've found my mojo. I haven't been fantasizing about going bookshopping in the last three weeks which to me is unheard of, but I find it very refreshing and soothing. Instead, I've noticed this massive desire to READ READ READ. I've now finished reading Natascha Kampusch's 3,096 Days and I started reading The Blue Castle by L. M. Montgomery last night, and I'm absolutely loving it. I've also started Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas but I'll leave it on the side until I've finished TBC.

Next week I'm housesitting for my parents and am really looking forward to having their house to myself. I can have a sauna everyday, have my morning coffee in the backyard, in a swing if I like. Will hopefully do some reading as well :wink:

Frankie, is that the same LM Montgomery who wrote Anne of Green Gables?

The night before last I finished Haunted, which is definitely my fave of the Kelley Armstrong series so far! Last night my friend and I swapped bags of books - I was returning some books of hers and am also letting her borrow A Discovery of Witches. She gave me the following -

Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins

Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris

All Together Dead - Charlain Harris

I read the first few pages of Catching Fire this morning - yay! :D

Frankie, is that the same LM Montgomery who wrote Anne of Green Gables?

Yes, it most certainly is! I've only ever read her Emily of New Moon and Anne of Green Gables series, so it's refreshing to read something completely different by her :) I'm also getting a daily fix of Road to Avonlea, they're showing the reruns on TV this summer, what bliss! :smile2:

Finished Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton today so have added it to my swap list. I did really enjoy it once I got into the way it was written, I can't decided if it was as good as Sister or not, but nevertheless a good read.

Will get started on Forever by Maggie Stiefvater this evening, been looking forward to it for a while now.

Edited by chaliepud

Yes, it most certainly is! I've only ever read her Emily of New Moon and Anne of Green Gables series, so it's refreshing to read something completely different by her :) I'm also getting a daily fix of Road to Avonlea, they're showing the reruns on TV this summer, what bliss! :smile2:

Wow, I had no idea she wrote anything aside from the Emily and Anne series, Frankie, cool!! Is the Blue Castle also set in PEI?

Been trying to get back into reading recently, my mojo has been gone for months. Finding reading the novels from films is helping, so recently started "Jurassic Park" (way better than the film), "It's Kind Of A Funny Story" (just as good as the film) and now, after watching the newest Harry Potter, I'm attempting to read the first HP book (which I hated as a child.) It's all very scattery reading but better than nothing I suppose!

Started Swan song by Robert Mccammon and 100+ pages in and I'm getting the feeling its gonna be a cracker :)

I keep hearing about this novel of late. I look forward to reading what you think of it. :)