Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because I didn't know what to read next, I let a friend choose...apparently I'll be reading Packing for Mars by Mary Roach :D

You will be reading it, I will be doing it. :wink:

Aww, so no comments then? That's OK. I guess our interests can't be similar all the time; that would just be scary. unsure.gif

No, I'd just rather do the commenting on your reading blog ;) But didn't have the time.

My comfort shopping went alrightish, nothing really exciting but I got me some books from series I'm collecting and some Stephen Kings.

because I didn't know what to read next, I let a friend choose...apparently I'll be reading Packing for Mars by Mary Roach :D

I'm waiting for it to become available on the Kindle. I loved Stiff. Hilarious and interesting.

I bought The Hobbit for the Kindle, and have been reading it for the last couple of days. I keep picturing what the film will be like when it comes out. :boogie:

take plenty of water...I hear its a bit dry :D

I have sufficiently genetically altered myself to no longer require water. :P

I'm still reading The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen. It's light reading, but good.

Invisible by Paul Auster will be next.

Edited by Pixie

I accidentally bought 10 books today.

Woohoo! Go Frankie! friends3.gif

I hope you're currently over in your reading thread posting a list of the books or I'll be very upset. :P

I've been buying and ordering so many books lately that I'm starting to forget what is currently being shipped to me (not a word out of you, Raven :P). That means it came as a very pleasant surprise today when I received AA Milne's When We Were Very Young in the mail.

:irked: What have I done

I was wondering around Tescos this morning and came across a stand that had 3 Stieg Larsson books for £5

I brought them

all three

just because they were £5 (or £3 each)

I have no idea what they are about or even if I am interested in them I just know that they seem very popular on book forums

Woohoo! Go Frankie! friends3.gif

I hope you're currently over in your reading thread posting a list of the books or I'll be very upset. :P

I've been buying and ordering so many books lately that I'm starting to forget what is currently being shipped to me (not a word out of you, Raven :P). That means it came as a very pleasant surprise today when I received AA Milne's When We Were Very Young in the mail.

Done :wink: It must be quite pleasant to receive books just like that, perhaps on a pretty daily basis from now on, and not to know which one's arriving and when :smile2:

:irked: What have I done

What you have done is found yourself a very good deal on great books :wink:

Done :wink: It must be quite pleasant to receive books just like that, perhaps on a pretty daily basis from now on, and not to know which one's arriving and when :smile2:

It is pleasant, yes! I had no idea what it was and it was such a slim volume. Needless to say, I couldn't wait to open it. :) I might even read it this weekend because it's nice and short.

What you have done is found yourself a very good deal on great books :wink:

I agree! You couldn't pass up a bargain like that, Easy Reader. I've only read the first book so far but I loved it (it might seem a bit slow to get going, but it really picks up later on). Odds are that you'll love it as much as most people have. :)

I'm waiting for it to become available on the Kindle. I loved Stiff. Hilarious and interesting.

Wasn't it?? Who would of thought reading about dead and decaying bodies would be so funny?? lol

I accidentally bought 10 books today.

How'd that happen?

Did they just fall into a bag and your money just fell into the register? :giggle2:

Finished the second of Kate Johnson's Sophie Green series last night, and now have just finished the third, and downloaded the fourth. Not sure what I'm gonna do when I've finished it, as there aren't any more yet! Lighthearted, but great fun, comedy, romance and a spy thriller all mixed up into one, I've absolutely loved them, and they've been the perfect pick me up this week. (The first book was a free Kindle download I took a chance on, and what a lovely find it was ;))

That's the spirit! (make plenty of notes and stuff!).

Yep :) will do, am enjoying it so far :)

I have left my book over at the boyfriends house! Its not that a bigger deal because I am going over there later, but even so, I feel a little bit lost!

So, in order to do something bookish, I'm going to buy a few online :)

I finished Mark Thompson's The White War earlier this week. It took me about four weeks, but it was well worth it - a fascinating account of a little-known WWI campaign.

I'm now working my way through Trespass by Valerie Martin, which is also excellent and highly recommended. I couldn't remember why I'd bought this, 'cos it's been hanging around for a couple of years and I had a sudden horror that it might turn out to be "chick-lit". It's a good book, and maybe I'll post a bit more about it when I'm done.

A mysterious copy of C J Box's Out of Range turned up in the post a couple of days ago - no idea where from, but it looks like a publisher's freebie. On the basis that there's no such thing as a bad book (if it's free, anyway), thank you, whoever ....

Today I started and finished AA Milne's When We Were Very Young.

I read a bit more of my two other books and also started reading Making the Cat Laugh by Lynne Truss. I was pleased to find that it's about a single woman with cats. cool.gif I've only read a few pages but it's already making me laugh as I notice similarities between our lives. :D