Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Lol I was wondering if someone would have got in before me. I hear he is more interested in men though....

:giggle: She left herself wide open to it, didn't she? (That's not meant to be as dirty as it sounds. :huh: )

March was an abysmal reading month for me. :( Things can only get better, I guess.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:giggle: She left herself wide open to it, didn't she? (That's not meant to be as dirty as it sounds. :huh: )

Uh-huh, I'll bet! :giggle2:

March was an abysmal reading month for me. :( Things can only get better, I guess.

Aw hun, you have my sympathy :empathy: . Here, have some of the cookies Chrissy sent me :JC_cookies: , you'll feel better (excuse any feathers you may find :unsure:)

Yeah, ok ok, smarty pants :P Point taken! :lol:

I will, I will! I don't like ordering just one book, seems like such a waste of free postage, I need to see which one, or two, or three, or maybe even 4 books I want to order at the same time. :giggle2:

Waste of free postage? If it's free, it's no waste :lol: I would understand if they'd charge you £1, for example, unless you buy at least 5 books in which case it would be free. You make no sense, Charm :lol: Just order a whole bunch of books because you want to, anyways :giggle:

I finished The Fry Chronicles and started reading Bukowski's Factotum.

I've decided to read The Indigo King by James A Owen. It's the third book in the Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica series. I read the first two Here, There Be Dragons and The Search for the Red Dragon years ago but can't remember much of the story line, I do know that I've been avoiding reading this one for some time so it stands to reason that I didn't think much of them. I'm about 100 pages in and while some of the characters are familiar I still can't remember much more than that.

Aw hun, you have my sympathy :empathy: . Here, have some of the cookies Chrissy sent me :JC_cookies: , you'll feel better (excuse any feathers you may find :unsure:)

*cough up a feather* Thanks for the (late) warning. giggle.gif

My mojo has decided to leave home without so much as a note or goodbye kiss. If any of you see her will you send her home?

It looks like it's contagious. Look out mojos of the BCF!

Finished the Black Dagger Brotherhood book Lover Unleashed 'sigh' and have gone back to my book on Isaac Newton and the Royal Mint which I can't remember the proper title of....its those vampires they have short circuited my ailing brain :D

I finished the Alan Bradley last night and this afternoon started reading a couple of stories from Old Rail Fence Corners. I think I might read something alongside it since it's a collection, but I just haven't decided what yet.

Just finished 'Three Fates', it took me to page 300 to really get into the book, then it was absolutely brilliant after that. Going to read Katie Fforde 'Highland Fling'

Have downloaded House of Silence by Linda Gillard, and collected The First Person and other stories by Ali Smith from the library. Oh, and I've almost finished Scorpia Rising by Anthony Horowitz, and although I'm getting through it quickly because as usual it's a real page turner, I wish I could take it slower as it is the last in the series.

I finished reading Factotum by Charles Bukowski last night, what a disappointment after Ham on Rye! I started reading a collection of stories by Daniil Harms, it's called Sattumia in Finnish but I have no idea if it's been translated into English. The stories are absolutely absurd but hilarious, I'm really liking it.

I've actually had quite a bit of book activity already this month!

I brought JLS: Just between us, our secret diary yesterday and have already finished it!

Also I'm getting through The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown and really enjoying this one!

and I've also ordered The Ghost Writer - John Harwood!

As part of her Mother's Day present I bought my wife today The Help and Room....ironic thing is I have both of these on my Kindle but she will only read a "proper" book!

and I've also ordered The Ghost Writer - John Harwood!

Excellent book, Lauraloves! Hope you like it :)

This morning I decided to start The Neighbors by Carol Smith :D. Something nice and creepy!

I am reading Linda Gillard's 'House Of Silence'. :D

Family obligation meant I had to take a 4 hour break from it (damn it!), but once I sign out from here I'll be back with the characters Linda has drawn so well (yet again).

Bliss. :D

I continued reading Daniil Harms in bed last night, I almost had to stuff a pillow down my throat so I wouldn't laugh out loud. The best find in a long time. Authorwise.

Edit: I've done some research and it appears Daniil Harms is Daniil Kharms in English, I don't know why, and there's a title Incidences in English which is more than likely the one I'm reading.

Edited by frankie