Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I am reading Goblet of fire .... I know its most shameful to have not yet read this series but I'm doing it. :blush:

I am reading really slowly at the moment but I'm reading more than usual because of my snow week which will be over after tomorrow :(

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be sorry, Bettyboop! I'm sure there are many out there that have not read the HP series, me included! One day I will though :).

I've not been reading much this week, so I feel bad. I did get in a nice chunk today though and am now on page 200. Only 174 to go! :lol:

I got three books in waterstines 3 for 2 offer today Moab is my washpot- Stephen Fry and Jo Nesbo - The Redeemer and The Snowman as well as a couple of books from the library which will keep me occupied fot the weekend, :D

Yays on Nesbo..... :smile2:

I am reading Goblet of fire .... I know its most shameful to have not yet read this series but I'm doing it. :blush:

I am reading really slowly at the moment but I'm reading more than usual because of my snow week which will be over after tomorrow :(

Oh fiddlesticks! Nothing to be ashamed of a'tall! In fact I've only read the last one...didn't see much to it, BUT, I know that's mostly because I didn't read the first 6. Heh :blush: I have them in the stack. Someday.

I finished Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs. Wasn't that impressed. I never really am with her books, but sometimes I think I'll give them another go.

Read about half of The Woman in Black. I get a very gothic, wintery feeling from this book. Perfect for a dark afternoon after just putting up the Christmas tree :) Shall continue with that this afternoon, then onto Mistletoe Mysteries, a collection of stories edited by Charlotte Macleod.

Edited by Donna

After failing miserably so many times I am now reading "The Host by Stephanie Meyer" and thoroughly enjoying it!!

I've tried reading that so many times, I even have it on cd and can't listen to it all the way through.

Have been thinking about reading some more Two Towers, but am just a little tired, everything's gloomy and just not really in a reading mood. Mom's putting up xmas thingies downstairs, she has some music on she loved (DUTCH music, a.k.a. horrible) so am not there, but here is just less comfy since I only have my bed and the Lord of the Rings book is huge and heavy.

I did check my reading list from this year, only about 20 books, okay, most were at least 500 pages long, but still, I'm disappointed.

I finished The Shadow of the Wind. I wasn't that impressed. I found it to be contrived with flat, stereotypical characters. There were so many of them and yet not one drew my sympathy. I wouldn't have minded the purple prose so much if the story had been more interesting.

I'm now reading The Secret History of Fantasy, a book of short stories by authors such as Neil Gaiman, Gregory Maguire, Patricia McKillip, Susanna Clarke, and Stephen King, just to name a few. :D

I did check my reading list from this year, only about 20 books, okay, most were at least 500 pages long, but still, I'm disappointed.

I don't think you should be disappointed with that, Univerze. Those 500+ page books take ages to read!

I finished The Shadow of the Wind. I wasn't that impressed. I found it to be contrived with flat, stereotypical characters. There were so many of them and yet not one drew my sympathy. I wouldn't have minded the purple prose so much if the story had been more interesting.

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this too much Pixie. :( I quite liked it. :smile2:

I read about 20 pages of Plath's journals yesterday and I'm on track to finish it by the end of the year.

I finished All Together Dead today; nothing much seemed to happen for most of the book but then the last 50 odd pages exploded into action. Good stuff. :)

Aw, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this too much Pixie. :( I quite liked it. :smile2:

I wanted to like it. I really enjoyed his other one, The Angel's Game. Weird, huh? :huh:

I've given up with The Wrong Kind of Blood. I guess I'm just not a crime Fiction sort of guy. Means I can carry on with the Dark Tower series now though. Wolves Of The Calla, here I come.

I just finished Lauren Willig's The Mischief of the Mistletoe: A Pink Carnation Christmas. It was beautiful, lovely and I adored the main characters.

Today I'm going to be starting Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas.

I've finally started Justn Cronin - The Passage .....

I am starting that this afternoon as well. :smile2:

I just finished the Regeneration Trilogy. The Ghost Road was the last, and packed a real punch. Good Stuff.