Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started The Heretic's Daughter last night, and although I only made it up to chapter two before turning out the light, I love it so far! :D

Yay! I'm so pleased you like it :D

Ooh, I'm glad you've told me that - something to remember when I get that far that I can skip that one! :lol: I've got one more book I want to read before I dive headfirst into Cerulean Sins and Incubus Dreams which I've had from the library and repeatedly renewed for ages now. Hoping to read them over the long weekend coming up :smile2:

You could skip it, but it does give you an insight into Micha's past and how he became what he is, that bit is still worth a read. One thing I should warn you about with the next couple of books is

....em.... you know the way you really have to be open minded when reading this series, as in the sex? ....well.... let's just say, you need to be even more open minded as the series goes on :blush: You have been warned!

I've almost finished Danse Macabre, not sure what I'll read next.

Managed another 100 pages of Burned last night. It's going Ok. I agree with other people, the books do seem to be getting worse through the series. Hope it picks up soon. I am having a weekend away with my family, as we need a break, hoping to get a little reading done. Taking The Halo Effect by M.J.Rose and The Crucifix Killer by Chris Carter. Both books Ihave been wanting to read for a while.

I read about 200 pages of Definitely Dead today, and I got three more books in the mail:

CC Humphreys: Vlad (thanks Noll!)

Jack Womack: Going Going Gone

Richard Yates: Revolutionary Road

biggrin.gif

Ugh, my reading mojo's has disappeared lately, just deciding which to read of the lovely books I bought when visiting Southampton a couple days ago (back home now) is hard enough. (My english is great today, I know)

Have t show em off though. ;)

wt9j4o.jpg

Oh, the Avatar one was a gift from a friend who accidentally had two (came with the blu-ray for him when he'd already bought it) so he gave me the other copy, since I too loved Avatar.

Pretties.

Edited by Univerze

Hey Univerze! I was just thinking today that I hadn't seen you around for a while. I thought maybe we'd lost you to Robert Jordan's Wheels of Time series. :) Are you still reading them? Nice haul by the way!

I'm getting so close to the end of Definitely Dead and I really want to stay up to finish it but I really should go to bed and get some sleep. :(

3 more of my books arrived from Amazon today so I am a very happy bunny...I am really going to try not to read them all before I go on holiday, unfortunately I got two copies of one of them which is a bit annoying as I must have accidentaly ordered 2 oh well never mind I will either send it back or pass it on.

Started Linda Grant's "The Clothes on Their Backs" last night. Odd, as I don't even remember buying it, but still... The blurb says:

"Vivien spends a quiet childhood encapsulated in the present, sealed off from the past by her timid refugee parents. She's ten before she finds out that she has a relative: to the horror of her father, her glamorous, dangerous uncle appears at their door, dressed in a purple mohair suit with his leopard-print-clad mistress upon his arm. But why is Uncle Sandor so violently unwelcome in her parents' home?"

Fifty pages in, and the story's building quite nicely.

Nice pic, Univerze! I haven't read any of those books apart from Jane Eyre, but all the covers look pretty :smile2: If one can go by covers you are safe with any one of them :giggle2:

I went to the library today to take back all my loans. Got me some tourist guide books. Also noticed that tomorrow's book sale is starting at 4 PM at the library, and you can choose a bagful of books and it'll cost you 3e. Now talk about cheap! I know it'll be really crowded and I hate crows, but I'm going to attempt to get in anyway. I might have to go and start queueing like 3 PM.

Today I went to a used books shop and bought three books, eventhough I wasn't supposed to buy any before I go abroad. Anyways, these are the ones I got:

Stephen Fry: Making History

Iain Banks: Complicity

Kate Chopin: The Awakening

Guest Eliza1

I'm halfway through Touching Earth, don't know what I think of the actual story yet, which isn't a good sign. She's a very emotive and haunting writer, on the plus side. Rice Mother is still my favourite.

I finished Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris and have started on We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson. I also plan on starting The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins shortly (I have the third book on its way to me - hopefully I'll be able to read all three in a row).

Well, lets see ... :rolleyes:

I was reading The Brothers Karamazov from Dostoevsky . This is actually the book I have for my Serbian class in senior year in grammar school, but I don't find this book that awful as expected to be like many other "school books" I have read so far . And I'm glad we have it as necessity if I can say so . I also finished Cross from James Patterson (very nice one) and that was my book activity for today .

Finished Flood by Stephen Baxter, and started The Secret Pilgrim by John LeCarre.

Did you enjoy Flood, I thought it was ok, I found reading it in the bath the best experience :D to see if I could relate, although warm soapy water was not quite the same but it was so depressing in the end, I now have the sequel Ark I think it is to read.