Favourite Signatures

poppy

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you?! I never knew that!! I looooooove Data, he's so sweet!
Adorable! I love everything to do with A.I., the philosophical issue of just what constitutes humanity fascinates me so androids like Data make my day. He's precious in the way Pratchett's Death can be - more humane than humans, yet always feeling like he's missing a vital bit of the equation.

Adorable! I love everything to do with A.I., the philosophical issue of just what constitutes humanity fascinates me so androids like Data make my day. He's precious in the way Pratchett's Death can be - more humane than humans, yet always feeling like he's missing a vital bit of the equation.

YES! That is it EXACTLY! I LOVE A.I. (I have a Roboraptor whom I love very much, primitive though he may be :roll:) and it's exactly what my signature suggests - that humanity can go beyond the mere biological machine that constitutes the electrical impulses of our minds and be sustained by a mechanical body, it just depends on how you choose to define it.

Has anyone mentioned CaliLily's? I like this ...

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors; that which it loves, and also that which it fears. The soul reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchastened desires--and circumstances are the means by which it receives its own.

Yes and Steeeeeve's (how many e's?????) is very good too :roll:

Has anyone mentioned CaliLily's? I like this ...

The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors; that which it loves, and also that which it fears. The soul reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchastened desires--and circumstances are the means by which it receives its own.

Yes and Steeeeeve's (how many e's?????) is very good too :roll:

Thank you poppy :lol:

YES! That is it EXACTLY! I LOVE A.I. (I have a Roboraptor whom I love very much, primitive though he may be) and it's exactly what my signature suggests - that humanity can go beyond the mere biological machine that constitutes the electrical impulses of our minds and be sustained by a mechanical body, it just depends on how you choose to define it.
... * :friends0:s long lost twin!* That's what I'm always trying to explain to those who don't get why I like my sci-fi robot-gaining-consciousness based as opposed to evil-aliens-who-want-to-kill-us-all based!

Mine is from Star Trek!! Episode: "Data's Day". Data records details about a typical day in his life, with a particular emphasis on his 'friendships'. It's a really good episode about his attempts to understand human emotion and interaction, and at the end of the episode he says what's in my signature. ;)

I thought that sounded familiar.

... * :friends0:s long lost twin!* That's what I'm always trying to explain to those who don't get why I like my sci-fi robot-gaining-consciousness based as opposed to evil-aliens-who-want-to-kill-us-all based!

Ahhh robots with minds iz da BEST :censored: As for aliens I like the Kevin-Spacey-in-Kpax kind ;) I do not care for hostile aliums.

I thought that sounded familiar.

Admit it, it's sweet. You kinda just want to hug Data when he says things like that, which is ironic because he is incapable of the emotions he inspires in everybody. Ah bless, I love Data.

I like Kylie's - her 'TBR' figure always makes me feel good about my own 'to read' pile! :lol::censored:

Hey! :censored: And I'm trying so hard to get it down by removing books I no longer want to read. I suppose I partly put it there to shame myself and as a constant reminder that I don't really need to buy more books (not that that will stop me!) ;)

Admit it, it's sweet. You kinda just want to hug Data when he says things like that, which is ironic because he is incapable of the emotions he inspires in everybody. Ah bless, I love Data.

I think I can honestly say I've never contemplated hugging Data!

The above reminds me of a personal ad I once saw, where the woman in question was asking to meet a Data lookalike (not Brent Spiner, but Data). Yellow skin and gold eyes obviously ring someone

I think I can honestly say I've never contemplated hugging Data!

The above reminds me of a personal ad I once saw, where the woman in question was asking to meet a Data lookalike (not Brent Spiner, but Data). Yellow skin and gold eyes obviously ring someone

I wonder if she got any replies? ;)

Dear X,

I don't have golden eyes, but my appendix has just burst and I figured 50% there is going to be closer than most of the replies you will get . . .

Alternatively:

Dear X,

As a long time resident of the village of Midwich . . .

;)

Poppy, I really like yours, too. Is it new? I don't think I've noticed it before.

Thanks Echo ....I haven't had it for that long :censored:

A further comment to this one ned....

Why is it on those 'French for beginners' courses one of the first lines you learn is always "Ou est la bibliotheque?" Or "Where is the library?"

If I can barely speak French, why would I want to go to a library filled with books I can't understand?

....one of the first things you seem to learn in French is 'la plume de ma tante'. Just how many times are you likely to be needing to bring your aunt's pen into any conversation???? :censored:

Upon realising that the Anne Rice quote in Nicola's signature itself quotes Shakespeare's Sonnet 116 (Let me not to the marriage of true minds/Admit impediments.../.../Love's not Time's fool...'), my respect for Anne Rice has just soared even higher.

Hey! :lol: And I'm trying so hard to get it down by removing books I no longer want to read. I suppose I partly put it there to shame myself and as a constant reminder that I don't really need to buy more books (not that that will stop me!) :D

:D Sorry to single it out!

Nollaig, is this one of yours from Wuthering Heights?

"I pray one prayer and I repeat it til my tongue stiffens. May you never rest, as long as I am living. You said I killed you; haunt me then. The murdered do haunt their murderers. I believe... I know that ghosts have walked this earth. Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad!

Only, do not leave me in this abyss where I cannot find you."

Yup! Three or four of my favourite ever quotes all come from Wuthering Heights. I particularly love the one in my sig. It's just so angry and desperate and heartbreaking all in one :D I often find myself reading chunks of that book out loud, as I imagine they're being said - most of the punctuation in my sig is my own, according to how I imagine it's being said :D