Mac

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have so many comfort foods!!

Pizza - pepperoni with extra sauce

Toasted roast beef sandwich with Au Jus

Steamed white rice with a little bit of soy sauce (which I had today)

Any kind of tea, but especially herbal tea or green tea

Anything Italian

My dad's marinated flank steak

Something chocolatey always gets me by. I make my own Chocolate and Banana cake which is nice with a cup of tea.

Also have a thing for Green and Blacks 85% cocoa dark chocolate when I'm a bit down. (I'm slowly becoming addicted to it!! I used to eat ordinary dark chocolate, then I moved onto 40% cocoa, then gradually made it to 70%, now 85% and I've had 89%.......I think the next step is to sit with a jar of cocoa powder and a spoon!! haa!!)

I've just demolished an entire 100g block of Sainsbury's own Dark Chocolate with chilli. My heart might now be banging like the clappers but, by gum, it's worth it! :D

I've just demolished an entire 100g block of Sainsbury's own Dark Chocolate with chilli. My heart might now be banging like the clappers but, by gum, it's worth it! :D

Dark chocolate and chilli you say?? Hmmmmm.....what percentage of cocoa might that be? haa!! :eek2: I've never heard of chilli with chocolate before!

I know *exactly* what you mean, my BF's always like nooo, you don't need it and drags me away :tong: but it's so tasty!

Nonsense I say, of course you need it! :)

My new favourite comfort treat is handmade nougat... with nuts... yummy... My body seems to want to bankrupt me, though, because it only craves the expensive stuff. ;)

Dark chocolate and chilli you say?? Hmmmmm.....what percentage of cocoa might that be? haa!! ;) I've never heard of chilli with chocolate before!

76%. And, by the beard of Zeus, it is good! :)

Chocolate.

Tea, but I drink tea everyday, year round, so it doesn't qualify as comfort food.

Mu mum always gave me yellow Jaffa lemonade (Finnish brand of orange lemonade) if I had any kind of illness when I was little. So that's a sure thing to make me feel better. Funny that. I know the reasoning behind it now too. If your appetite is down, make sure what you do eat has A LOT of sugar.

If the weather is less than perfect, I feel the flu approaching, I have failed a test, my husband's out of town, or something else mildly depressing, I make fish soup. If it's more than mildly depressing, nothing but chocolate helps.