Finish the thought, game (join in)

already departed to look at a bush, where the red berries looked luscious. Jack wondered whether these berries were edible. Jim decided to ring his 15 yr old granddaughter, Lisa, to find out.

"Its grandad. Can you look on interweb or whatsit and tell me are these berries edible?"

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Awwww Grandad, I'm busy tweeting and skyping.'

'You're what?? Stripping and twerking, you say? We'll have none of that funny business my girl, whatever it is! Now put your clothes back on again this instant, and look up these berries for me. You don't want to be responsible for your old granddad eating poisonous berries and dying a horrible and ghastly death do you?'

Lisa thought for a moment.

"No but you can give me a few quid every now and again grandad, I do need new shoes, handbag, and some beer" declared the teen, unconvincingly.

"How dare you demand beer and money?" , cried Jim, angrily.

"Now these berries grandad, yes I think they can be eaten, are they red?"

"yes".

"Strawberries!!"

Jim made his apologies and hung up.

The youth of today, he thought, phlegmatically. It was a good stack of years,since Jim had been a youth, and he was sure as eggs that he had never been as ignorant as the young of today.

Jack and John were now wandering....

aimlessly in ever decreasing circles. They hadn't waited for the results of the berry identification phone call and decided to try them for themselves. Unfortunately, they weren't strawberries at all, but woody nightshade. It was lucky that although they were highly poisonous, they tasted bloody awful and after a quick nibble, they spat them out. However, it was enough to .....

induce in John a five minute coughing fit, much to the annoyance of his two good friends.

They retired to a fine country pub for lunch, where Jack fell asleep.

His rumbling snores hid the fact that he was dreaming.

In this dream.

little red berries were revolving around his head, poking their tongues out at him and firing off pop guns. Jack tried to fend them off with a fly swat, but they were too fast fro him. He awoke with a start.

stay any longer, you're going to have someone's eye out with all that reckless flailing around.

'They were after me, I swear, they wouldn't leave me alone! It was horrible, these kamikaze red things,' Jack sobbed uncontrollably. John was acting in a similarly strange manner, which only left Jim, who hadn't had a chance to sample any berries, to ...........

up and down, making sure there were no terrorists or hitmen lurking. Bartie Bartholemew, 55, BMI 35 and pie cart operator, came puffing down the street pushing his cart. Seeing David standing there, he stopped and ............

offered David a few of his wares.

"When Simple Simon met the pieman" , Bartie said, insensitively.

"Simple Simon eh? Well I shall remind you dear boy, that in April 2012 I caused nationwide uproar because I said I too, had partaken of a poor man's dinner staple, when perchance I had bought a pasty at Leeds station. "

"Do you want steak, cheese or pork?", queried Bart, his eye for a quick fiver keener than.....

a keen thing. David dismissed him with a wave of his hand and a Pffft! Bartie continued on his way, puffing and blowing like an over-pressurised steam engine. His habit of sampling his wares at regular intervals to stave off any potential weakness due to lack of sustenance had caused him to ..........

he needed to put them up at night, much to the annoyance of his long-suffering wife, because he insisted on having them up on a chair in their pokey little kitchen. She was forever tripping over them as she bustled round the kitchen at night, preparing his favourite meal of ..........

partaking of a similar repast, that Bartie had one of his eureka moments, something he was subject to at regular intervals. It suddenly occurred to him, as he was munching on his mushy peas, swimming in gravy (he was a man of curious tastes), that ..........

Life was about taking chances. Munching a pie, he set off to see Jane, his 31 yr old Oxford grad neighbour who @lways bid him a jaunty hello. He thought he may have a chance, so off he toddled to buy a small box of milk tray. He went round to knock at her door.

Opening the door was Jeff, a rugby playing husband.....

Edited by itsmeagain

home expectantly from nightshift. 'How do, our Bartie,' he boomed, giving Bartie a hearty (see how I've ryhmed that there? Bartie/hearty? uh hum ...moving on) clap between the shoulder blades causing Bartie to inhale a stray piece of flaky pastry down his windpipe. 'Milktray for me is it?  Me favourite, ta muchly.  All for me too, of course you know Jane never touches chocolate. Health kick and all. You alright old fella? You're going a funny shade of blue.'

rum, he'd sampled most brands, but it didn't really mix well with driving, and tonight he'd had a few. Constable Eric Cobbledick, Traffic Officer for the Clay Bottom Constabulary, was leisurely supping on a hot coffee from his thermos flask. It had been a quiet night but things were soon to hot up.

Edited by poppy

Bart had been seen driving a small blue and beige Honda, with blacked out windows, round and round the same mini roundabout, for ten minutes, when PC Cobbledick arrived. "What are you doing sir?", Derek yelled over the vroom vroom of Bart's motor. "Have you passed your test?"

Bart was outraged...

'I'll have you know, you whippersnapper,' said Bart, enunciating every word very precisely, 'that I had my licence before you were even in knee breeches!'

PC Cobbledick had no idea what knee breeches were, probably some sort of rheumatic condition by the sound of it, but he let it pass. 'Well step out of the car please.'

Bartie stopped in the middle of the roundabout, and dislodging himself with difficulty from behind the steering wheel, he ......

He decided to radio for back-up and soon a car pulled up with a screech of tyres, sirens wailing. Cobbledick rolled his eyes, 'Dramatics!' he muttered. Who should come charging into the fray but PC Dennis Onduty! Sitting in the car, batting ultra-long false eyelashes and coo-eeing was none other than Trixie.

'You can't go giving your floozies rides in your car, Onduty! I'll have to report you for that violation!'

'No, no, that's a hooker I picked up for soliciting, ' Onduty was quick to deny.

'Well, why is she sitting in the front seat with no cuffs?' 

"Ahem....that's because I had a little..errrm..."

"Willie!! You had a little Willie!!" , chuckled Trixie, in a truculent type of way.

Bart was attempting to sit up as a light cool rain punctured the greyness of the capital's sky.

"Now ....

Edited by itsmeagain