Finish the thought, game (join in)

visiting us long-term.'

'I'm terribly sorry,' said Fiona, 'but there's formalities, you know.'

'How long will all that take,' asked Itsme.

'At least three weeks after we get all this paperwork filled out.'

She handed him a mountain of paper which had probably necessitated the demise of at least three trees.

Itsme groaned.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

she was amongst kindred spirits, all sitting on the knife-edge of deportation. It was mighty uncomfortable!

When Itsme exited the NZ Embassy, he discovered that the taxi had departed, leaving Dex  and Trixie stranded.

'Ran out of money on the meter,' said Dex gloomily. 'Now what?' It started to rain.

'Don't you think it's time we paid them a visit? I could introduce them all to Trixie. You like reading don't you Trix?'

'Sure, Dexie, I just love those romantic Mills and Boons books ..... and murders ......I luuurrrve murders, the gruesomer, the better!'

'Sounds like you two have a lot in common,' observed Itsme.

'Lets find an internet café ....or pub.... and we'll log on.'

Trixie and stuff. I've been educating her about Paradise Lost and Trivium and Megadeath and the like. It's been an uphill battle but she's a quick learner.'

Itsme raised a quizzical eyebrow, but didn't comment.

'Yeah,' said Trixie, 'I love that Megaband and Trivial Pursuit one.'

Itsme grinned, 'You're getting there Trix. Well, I think it's about time we ..........'

depths of the leather chair.

'Oy! You!' she said, poking him in the stomach with her mop handle. 'Wakey wakey! Wat you doin' 'ere? This ain't no dosshouse, you know! This 'ere is a respectable joint. OUT!!' And she chased him out with her mop, jabbing  painfully at his retreating figure.

Poor Itsme, he'd been having such a lovely dream about ............

four girls, one of whom looked surprisingly familiar. There was Poppy, Anna, Carlina and Petrel looking bedraggled and rather grubby. 'Thought we might find you here. They got sick of our singing, so they let us all out on condition we didn't leave town,' explained Poppy. 'Do you think we could stay at yours? We could murder a hot bath!'

Wouldn't be a problem as the ladies had their own plans and itsme wouldn't see them for dust, what with shopping, makeovers and pampering themselves, itsme choke on clouds of perfume and powder that filled his flat...

'We'll see you later!' they chorused, as they left in a whirlwind of floaty scarves, perfume and tottery heels. 'We'll bring home takeaways, so don't worry about cooking.'

'That's great,' called Itsme, 'just don't bring me ......' Too late, the door had slammed and they were off. '.....I hope they know I'm vegetarian,' he sighed and then settled down with a restorative cup of tea and put on his favourite music, a CD by .....

Gary Numan, The Pleasure Principle. After this I will play Mad World by Tears for Fears, then a bit of Peter Tosh. A knock at the door coincided with a drrrrrring on his landline, then a rrrrinng on the mobile. What am I to do asked itsme? So many demands on a reading man`s time. Only the other day I was telling a man about the.....

unreasonable claims on a reading man's time in this day and age. Oh for the days when a man could come home after a hard day's work, slip into his favourite armchair and comfortable slippers, light his pipe, pour himself a restorative tipple, lose himself in the latest whodunnit and the only interruption would be ......

decided he'd best answer the door, whoever was phoning would call back if it was important. Dragging himself reluctantly off his chaise longue post-3715-0-57612800-1416606655_thumb.jpg ( a hippy friend had re-covered it for him) he called out 'Alright! Alright, Don't get your knickers in a knot! ' to the incessantly ringing door bell (he was never at his best on being rudely awoken) and threw the door open. Standing there in a bawling mess, mascara running, hair standing on end and one broken high-heel shoe in her hand, was Trixie.

"Dexie and me's had a fight!' she wailed.

'Come in,' sighed the kind-hearted Itsme, 'I'll make you a nice cup of tea and you can tell me all about it.'

Trixie sat disconsolately down, her eyes on the biscuits she saw on itsmes table.

"Well Trixie I guess you need some help."

"Oh yes please dear, you know Dex is a decent bloke and yet a bit too learned for me. My tastes are more ordinary" she drawled, in an agonisingly doleful type of way. Her eyes said she wants a ginger nut..and tea. Itsme wanted rid, and fast. .

Edited by itsmeagain

'Help yourself to gingernuts, Trix.' said Itsme, hoping this wouldn't take long. But no, Trixie was determined to unburden herself.

'I wanted us to get married, like. I always dreamed about my wedding, like. I've been watching that Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on TV? You know?'

Itsme didn't know, but he thought it would be expeditious to agree, so he nodded.

'Weeeellllll, I just lurve those dresses! I want one with a huge puffy skirt and a orange train and a tiara. I thought Dexie could wear a orange suit to match and my bridesmaids would all be in pink .....oh it would just be so gorgeous! But Dex said all hell would freeze over before he'd be seen dead in a orange suit.' Trixie began to wail.

'There, there,' said Itsme, dabbing ineffectually at her tears with a handkerchief he'd found in his pocket. 'I'm sure, he'll calm down and come round to your point of view.'

Luckily for him, at that moment, the girls burst in, bringing with them the appetising aroma of .........

.....love the chaise longue incidentally poppy.....

Yes!! I would love to own one of those :D

Vegetarian samosas, rice with chillis n peas, and orange soufflé with lightly spiced custard. Itsme was hungry. "Hey ladies meet Trixie " called itsme gaily " the party just rolls on and on..its as good as a good trawl through ancient posts about Dickens on bcf".Trixie was looking at the high heels on one of the girls, thinking that itsme.....

might lend her a few tenners to buy a pair just like that. The girls gathered round Trixie while she recounted, amidst ohhs and ahhs and oh nos!!  the tale of her fantasy nuptials. Itsme, while munching on samosas and rice, allowed his mind to wander in disbelief over the fact that many men dreamed of being surrounded by a harem of women.  Poppy, whose eyes tended to glaze over at the talk of all things bridal, had a quiet word in Itsme's ear. 'We really appreciate you having us all to stay, Itsme, but truly, if it's all too much for you, we'll find somewhere else to stay.' Before Itsme could answer ......brrrrrriiiiiing ....the phone. It was Dex.