Dr Who

Michelle

Gutted that DT is going, but felt the same when CE left.

Might be controversial, but maybe it would be good to have a Doctor who we don't all (well, almost all) fancy?

That was something I really liked about Donna - she just wasn't interested in him that way!

[i listened to a couple of Dr Who audio books that came with the Radio Times a while back, and it was a bit funny to hear DT talking about the doctor's intense brown eyes and boyish good looks!]

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14/1 Robert Carlyle, David Walliams

50/1 John Barrowman, Ben Miles, David Suchet, Hugh Laurie

David Walliams?! David Suchet?!! Ricky Gervais?!!! :) I think I need to go for a lie down...

But Dr Who is male...so that knocks Alex Kingston out.

Well, he's been male so far, that's not to say "he" won't become a "she" down the road . . .

I don't like the idea myself, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens one day.

There has been talk previously of the possibility of a female Dr...

It comes up every time a new Doctor is in the offing.

There has been a female Doctor, in one of the Big Finish audio adventures, it was in a series where they had a host of famous people (David Warner, for example) playing the Doctor in one-off specials.

Thats new to me, could you let me know which one and I'll have to listen. I like the audio stories, it allows the other drs to come back for more stories which is always fine by me.

The Rani and Master never swapped sexes, but I suppose that does'nt mean it can't happen. It just hasn't happened. In fact none of the timelords you meet or hear of have ever changed sex.

Edited by O's

• 1 month later...

Oh heck... I want to know, and yet I don't. I don't want David Tennant to go! :D

Of the names on that link, I don't really want any of them! I can't stand James Nesbitt, I can't even bear to look at him. I wasn't keen on David Morrissey in the Xmas special; he seemed to declaim every line in a booming voice as if he were doing some Shakespeare play at Stratford. And how could it be John Simm?! Paterson Joseph... is he the guy that was just in Survivors? I don't mind him (he's certainly preferable to Nesbitt) but I'd rather the new Doctor was someone I fancied!! And I really hope they don't cast a woman in the role. Sorry, it just doesn't seem right.

Oh David, why did you decide to go? *sniff* :D

I can't wait until tomorrow to find out - I just hope I'm not disappointed. Paterson Joseph is the guy out of Survivors - I really like him and think he would make a great doctor. I still can't believe David Tennant wants to leave. If I got a part in Doctor Who they would have to sack me to get rid of me.

I don't like him. But then again I probably wouldn't like anyone after David Tenant! :D

What Nici said!

I don't really like the look of him. Firstly, he is far too young, he looks like a stroppy 16-year-old. Secondly, who?!! I actually watched The Ruby in the Smoke, but he can't have impressed me that much as I didn't remember his name (and I take note of the names of people I like). I will reserve judgement until I've seen his performance, but I can't say I'm happy. Then again, if David's leaving, only the casting of Richard Armitage would have made me happy! :D

At least he has one thing going for him - he's not James Nesbitt.

Ok, not a Dr. Who fan (though I did get to meet David Tennant & Billie Piper & saw them several times a week as they use(d) - don't know if they still do - the hotel I used to work at in Cardiff as the place where they do all of their script read-throughs, etc. He was lovely - very down to earth & she was really nice, too.) - but am curious as to who is replacing him. Have you all deliberately not said his name?

I don't like him! He looks weird and he's too young! Keep the Tennent!!!

Haha I looked at him and thought that!

I must be well out of touch as I've never heard of him before!

Nope I haven't heard of him either.

I don't like him. But then again I probably wouldn't like anyone after David Tenant! :D

I'm the same. I wish David Tenant was staying in the role for longer. However, I will see what he is like before I make a complete judgement.