Jodi Picoult

I have just started on Jodi Picoult's book Keeping Faith. I havent read any of her books till now and I think this one will be good. I would like to read My sister's Keeper. How is it? and what about this book?Can anyone tell me more about Jodi Picoult's books?:D

Edited by Michelle
added to previous thread - please search first :)

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Just started The Tenth Circle, despite the fact that it's not getting the best reviews by FAR (in fact, the almost exclusive consensus seems to be that while it's a good read, it's just not up to par with her other work) I'm actually loving it. It's the first book I've read by her, and I really, really like it. Maybe my partiality towards comics and Dante help that, though.

My Sister's Keeper seems to get the best reviews, I might try and read that one next.

Awwhh thanks Ceinwenn. I can't afford postage back right now, but when I can I might do that. Or I might just buy a copy when I get some cash, I LOVE The Tenth Circle (only 66 pages to go!) and everybody reckons My Sister's Keeper is better - I've bought books with less reason than that! :blush:

And I am recommending Salem Falls. I am getting near to the end of that too.

14/6/09 ~ Just finished Salem Falls this morning.....very good. Thoroughly recommend it.

Edited by Inver

Roxi, if you already have an interest in comics and Dante, I bet it's helping a lot! I didn't have any interest in either of them, and from many of the reviews I've read, that seems to be what gets most readers, so you were in luck. :D I'm so glad to hear you're liking 'The Tenth Circle.' It's Picoult's favorite that she's written, apparently.. Not a bad one to like then!

I just finished 'Change of Heart' today -- really liked this one, actually. I can't wait to get my hands on 'Handle with Care' now. :)

Oh yeah, I definately just got lucky with it, Beth. I adored the comics, I'd love to see them done out properly in a comic book.

I saw Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult in a shop today, can anyone tell me whether I should pick it up? It was €4 second hand.

There's about 7 books in town I want to buy :)

I liked Salem Falls, Roxie, not my favourite but still good.

Speaking of buying Jodi Picoult books I'm happy to lend any of my paperbacks if people are unsure (postage on hardbacks is a bit much, but I will lend those too if people are willing to pay postage). And I have a bookring for Second Glance around somewhere

• 4 months later...

Heya aquabreeze, I don't know if we have any other members from where you are but how about trying Bookmooch it's a book swapping site, just put up books you don't want and people can ask you to send them, and you can use the points you get from registering and sending books to ask for books from others.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished My Sister's Keeper today, thought the ending was good, but I did find it a bit of a slog to read:blush: I don't know if I would bother reading any more of her books:lurker::D

I felt exactly the same about 'Songs of the Humpback Whale'.

Perky

Just finished My Sister's Keeper today, thought the ending was good, but I did find it a bit of a slog to read:blush: I don't know if I would bother reading any more of her books:lurker::D

I have read this book and was very surprised at the ending. I was completely disappointed with the film and wont be watching that again. I am currently reading Salem Falls. Have you read it? Im finding it hard to stick with it at the moment.

• 5 months later...

I've read The Pact, My Sisters Keeper, and I just finished House Rules.

I loved all three, the Pact and My Sisters Keeper both made me cry :lol:

House Rules made me laugh, very well written, it makes you struggle right along with the characters.

My Sisters Keeper in the movie world, was very disappointing..

I've tried to get into Second Glance, but after the first viewpoint change, I couldnt get into it anymore and put it down half way threw. I was sad because from the first characters viewpoint, I was so into it, but once she switched, I just lost interest. -- Has anyone finished this book? What are your thoughts?

I have a bunch of her books that I asked for for birthdays and such, but I seem to just leave them in my TBR pile for longer and longer...

I've read three of her books - My Sister's Keeper, Vanishing Acts and Nineteen Minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed all of them (probably Nineteen Minutes the most). There's a number of her other books on my tbr shelves, and I must get around to them!

I have heard very mixed reviews of her new book though. It's called House Rules I think, and a few Picoult fans I know have expressed disappointment with it.

I guess I must be in the minority, as I've read two Picoult books, The Pact and Vanishing Acts and I found them average at best, and didn't like the move to the courtroom at the end of the story in either book. I read these for my book group, and I suspect we'll get another one at some stage as most people seemed to enjoy her books, and while I'll approach it as I always try to, with an open mind, I admit that I'm not particularly looking forward to it.