What's the weather like?

Virginia

Chilly and breezy and drizzling  but...

I needed a new tire so I went to the rundown tire shop in rundown Plainfield, NJ. I always go there because they're honest. There's a tall fence around the place with razor wire on top and there are stacks of tires 7' high inside the fence.  So it's getting colder and windy, but all the guys having their cars worked on were hanging around inside the fence looking at the tires once in awhile. The place has a small, warm waiting room but no one was in it.  We're all outside cold and getting wet. Why? Because there were people outside working on our cars and we're men, dammit. And that's how men deal with bad weather when cars are worked on.

What a bunch of idiots we are.

Still snowing, but it's much lighter now, and the wind has died down a bit two, so it's not drifting as much as it was yesterday.  Still a good few inches outside, but I think the temperature is forecast to rise on Sunday so hopefully it will start melting then.

I gather it has been really cold at home, with snow and temperatures of anything down to minus 8 degrees - like a nice, cold Icelandic winter!

I have been visiting Andalucia in southern Spain for the last few days. The first few days were beautiful with blue skies and sunshine, but then it became very changeable with rain one minute and sun the next. Today it was about 17 degrees with a bit of both. 

Terrible! Last night it took me 6 hours to get home from work, and I only work 7 miles away. I didn't get home until 8pm, and ended up having to abandon my car on the seafront when it got stuck in the snow. :rolleyes:

After working from home for 2 days, went back into the office today, it was fairly quiet weather wise, bit of hail and drizzle, then at about 2.30 it started snowing heavily again, left around 4.00 and it was still snowing earlier, not sure about now.  Think it might get above freezing on Sunday!

12 hours ago, bobblybear said:

Terrible! Last night it took me 6 hours to get home from work, and I only work 7 miles away. I didn't get home until 8pm, and ended up having to abandon my car on the seafront when it got stuck in the snow. :rolleyes:

:o! Wow.. that is ridiculous. I'm sorry it took you so long to get home and that your car got stuck :(.

We have had snow overnight here too, though it feels less cold than it did in the past few days. Tomorrow it should be warmer, it's nice it feels less cold. The snow is looking pretty, not sure how it is on the roads though.

Well the snow is all gone, a lot went overnight and it rained earlier which washed away the rest.  it's not quite as cold as it has been, hard to believe the weather has changed so suddenly.  What a week!

Much brighter today, there is still some snow around, but I think it'll be mostly gone by the end of the day, but probably not all gone, however, it does look like I'll be able to get my car out in the morning to go to work without having to dig it out! :D  

We had really bad snowfall on Thursday and Friday after a lighter amount last Wednesday. The country basically closed down on Thursday and Friday, including the university I work at. It was really nice actually, went for a few walks in the snow and built a snowman.

There's still some snow here, but it is melting and the roads are all grand again since Saturday.

Yesterday was ridiculously rainy and windy (the wind almost knocked me on my butt a few times!). Today, we have sun, some clouds, and mild temps...definitely more spring-like.

It's bee a weird week, weather-wise. Monday was like summer, 73 degrees, then Tuesday was rainy and 50 degrees, and today was sunny and breezy, about 56 degrees. Spring is like that sometimes!