The last film you saw - 2013

Lilywhite

Good stuff, Tintaglia! It has been ages since I've watched the LOTR movies. I really need to watch them again soon. Maybe I'll have a movie marathon and watch them all at once. :)

I watched an 80s sci-fi movie called The Black Hole. It was OK.

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bahahaha! :D I'll add it to my list of movies to watch. :) I think there is a list somewhere of all the show and movies discussed on Gilmore Girls. I want to do a movie challenge similar to the book challenge, although I think movies/shows would be more difficult because they seemed to watch some pretty obscure stuff!

Bahahaha! :D I'll add it to my list of movies to watch. :) I think there is a list somewhere of all the show and movies discussed on Gilmore Girls. I want to do a movie challenge similar to the book challenge, although I think movies/shows would be more difficult because they seemed to watch some pretty obscure stuff!

Yeah, I think you've talked about doing the movie list before. I admire your ambition :D They do watch a lot of quirky stuff... Duck Soup, anyone? :D

Hard Bodies was on TV a few years ago, and I was absolutely thrilled that I could watch it, finally! (I think HB was discussed in reference to the annual movie watching event, or then it was when Lorelai was going to educate Luke, so it's a bit more special to me than some of the other movies mentioned) I recorded it, but my stupid, stoooooopid digibox didn't work that day and I missed it :banghead::motz:

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.. I love this movie, in spite of the silly translated title they gave it overe here, something like "if we break up I'll erase you from my mind" .. :doh:

Edited by Eleonora

Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind.. I love this movie, in spite of the silly translated title they gave it overe here, something like "if we break up I'll erase you from my mind" .. :doh:

Heh. Were they trying to cram the entire plot of the movie into the title? :D

I caught part of Sunset Boulevard on the telly the other night. It's been such a long time since I last saw it, and I recognised some similarities between the movie and an episode of The Twilight Zone that I recently watched. My partner happened to look up the movie and saw that it was indeed the inspiration behind a TZ episode. *feeling smug*

Yesterday we watched the Blu-ray Final Cut of Blade Runner. I liked the film, though I found it a shame some things that were in the book (Philip K. Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? were changed or not in the film. But the film was good on its own though. I really liked the music and visuals.

I watched the Avengers movie yesterday and I have to saw that the script writing was shocking! I think that you could drive a truck through some of the holes in the plot.

On the other hand I also watched journey

2 the mysterious island and it was surprisingly good. I found myself injoying it more than I thought I would have.

Edited by Vimes

We watched The French Connection with Gene Hackman the other night, and Planes, Trains and Automobiles with Steve Martin and John Candy the next night. 

Regarding The French Connection, there was extra stuff on the DVD, several interviews, and an interview with the director, William Friedkin. 

According to the interviews the famous chase scene was not choreographed, and was totally natural.  Even the near misses of civilians.  Gawd.  I can hardly imagine.....!!!!

Leon was on TV yesterday. Not the best film I've seen, but good enough to watch for sure. Not sure why it's gotten such amazing reviews though. I'd rank it just above avarage. 

In cinema - The Man of Steel.
I actually had low expectations because one of my favourite movie critics gave it a lot of flack. However, I loved it and I did have a lot of fun with it. Flawed, yes, but its not so bad. I'd like to talk about it more, but I don't want to spoil it.

I watched Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure today. Still incredibly hilarious.

We watched The French Connection with Gene Hackman the other night

One of my favourite films, that :D

I started watching The Black Dahlia, having recently read the book, but I had to give up after about half an hour cos it was so bad in comparison.

The Blues Brothers - haven't watched it all the way through for ages, and I'd forgotten just how good it was! A bit of a slow starter, but once it gets going, it's great. Going to have to download the soundtrack, as my old cassette tape (kids, ask your parents  ;)) got worn out years ago.

Edited by chesilbeach