Your Book Activity Jan 2013

Michelle

Finally getting to The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Also I started When We Were Orphans by K. Ishiguro a month or so ago :coffee1: should get going on that one as well :D

Edited by Brida

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh oh!

Times ten. I have about 150 pages to finish, and it's gone from 5/5 to 4/5 to 3/5. The last 20 pages or so from last night made me think that maybe the book will now pick up and it might get back to 4/5 by the end. We'll see!

I've read A Study in Scarlet - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Get Off Your Arse - Brad Burton so far this year. I also only have left 200 pages of The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson. I've enjoyed all of these books so far :) I was a bit disappointed at how little Sherlock features in A Study in Scarlet, It's like two books in one but it was a good book all the same.

I'm not too far into it but I'm enjoying it so far. They've just finished packing for their trip which was hilarious. :D

Wonderful!

(And now I hope you'll give Montmorency his due, and call it : Three Men In A Boat (To Say Nothing Of The Dog) :D)

I loved Red Tent....one I think every woman should try and read.

I agree Inver it was a great read :smile:

I read The Red Tent just before Christmas and though it was great. :D I'd never have picked it up if it wasn't for the fact it was my book club book. :)

It was your review that made me pick it up Janet otherwise it would have been languishing on the shelf for quite awhile :D

Started reading Sharpe's Havoc yesterday but it hasn't quite grabbed me yet. Still early days though :smile:

There's a dog??? :)

Like bree's already told you, there is indeed a dog but I don't think he has a very big part in the novel, unfortunately! But it's a jolly good read anyways, so why not try it. I think some would even say it's better than just a jolly good read, I know there's a fan base on here :D

Wonderful!

(And now I hope you'll give Montmorency his due, and call it : Three Men In A Boat (To Say Nothing Of The Dog) :D)

I didn't realise Montmorency was a dog until just now when I read about him pushing his wet nose into people's hands and killing lemons like they were rats. I had to re-read it to make sure I read it right. It's funny because when I started the book I noticed there were four characters, and I was bit puzzled because I was thinking there should only be three. My edition - which is the free Kindle one - doesn't have (To Say Nothing Of The Dog) in the title.

I started Shoeless Joe by W. P . Kinsella last night

Is this the book Field of Dreams is based on? Love that film. :smile:

I am about to give Bret Easton Ellis a chance to redeem himself in my eyes with Less Than Zero. I didn't like American Psycho, so much so in fact that I got rid of it shortly after I read it. I've heard good things about Less Than Zero so hopefully it turns out to be a good read.

Edited by Brian.

Like bree's already told you, there is indeed a dog but I don't think he has a very big part in the novel, unfortunately! But it's a jolly good read anyways, so why not try it. I think some would even say it's better than just a jolly good read, I know there's a fan base on here :D

It's on the wish list!! :)

Not sure, but I think I'm going to reread Outlander by Diana Gabaldon next. She is coming out with the 8th installment this Fall, so. /sigh/ :D

Hmm...I have some of those books, but they're not really on my TBR list at the moment. Oddly enough, I did see a video about the first book on youtube this morning :blink:

I think I am about to abandon my first book of 2013 - I Do Not Come To You By Chance by Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani. I've read the first 50 or so pages but it's just not doing it for me. Such a shame as it would have been my 'Nigeria' book. Ah well. :(

I'm still making my way through Ghost Story by Peter Straub. It's very good, I adore the characters. Nearly there - it's 800 pages on my Kobo and I'm 668 pages into it,

skip the movie :roll:

almost halfway through A Friend of the Family, and it really needs to pick up quick

Edited by Sofia