What films make you cry?

Nici

I can't believe I forgot to mention this, and that no one else has mentioned it either: An Affair to Remember! You think you've got it under control, all the way through the movie, even when they meet again at the very end, and then, the last bit, when he realises why she hasn't been up from the sofa, that it was her who got the painting... Gosh, I love that bit! And I know it by heart, and yet I'm crying like a baby...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I forgot to mention this, and that no one else has mentioned it either: An Affair to Remember! You think you've got it under control, all the way through the movie, even when they meet again at the very end, and then, the last bit, when he realises why she hasn't been up from the sofa, that it was her who got the painting... Gosh, I love that bit! And I know it by heart, and yet I'm crying like a baby...

Ah yes ii, fancy me forgetting that one too!! Does me good to know that young ones still like love and romance. How about the music as well? Do you know the name of the singer? I do, I am seeing if you do;)

I'm not a big cryer at films, but when I was eight my dad thought it would be a good idea to make me watch Old Yeller - never again! I'm surprised Social Services didn't get involved after this act of intolerable cruelty!

Ah yes ii, fancy me forgetting that one too!! Does me good to know that young ones still like love and romance. How about the music as well? Do you know the name of the singer? I do, I am seeing if you do;)

The one singing Deborah Kerr's part or the one singing the theme? I know the same woman sang Kerr's vocals for King and I, but I can't remember her name off the bat.

the Notebook.

Sniff, sniff...

KW

Have just bought the DVD to take away on my hol with my sis. We plan to have movie watching evenings with wine and chocolate....must remember the tissues then:blush:

Watched Five People You Meet In Heven on Sunday & right near the end i got a piece of grit in my eye that made it water (coz real men don't cry).:):drama:

Just Watched Tuesday's With Morrie & had more grit in my eyes most of the way through! :woohoo: Excellent just like the book.

I read Tuesdays with Maurey ages ago & it was a brilliant book!

I recently watched the The Bucket List - on a flight from London to Toronto & sobbed at the end! I don't know anyone else who has seen the movie The Cure - but boy did it make me cry!

"Dexter, age 11, who has AIDS, and his next door neighbor Eric, a little older and much bigger, become best friends. Eric also becomes closer to Dexter's mother than to his own, who is neglectful and bigoted and violently forbids their friendship upon learning of it. When they read that a doctor in distant New Orleans claims to have found a cure for AIDS, the boys leave home on their own, planning to float down the Mississippi river and find him." Written by Paul Emmons {pemmons@wcupa.edu}

Just Watched Tuesday's With Morrie & had more grit in my eyes most of the way through! :woohoo: Excellent just like the book.

You seem to be having a bit of trouble with this grit in your eye stuff - maybe you need a doc? :)