What films make you cry?

Nici

For me there are two that i can think of...

Titanic will do it for me everytime - the part where the ship is sinking and the orchester are playing on the deck and you see the couple laying in bed and the plates crashing down. I cry every single time :D

And the other is The Crow, I always have a sniff watching this film....

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big softy and cry at the slightest thing but some films that made me cry are:

Bambi (yes I know!)

Charlotte's Web

Black Beauty

Fluke (seems to be a theme running here...lol)

Ghost

Love Story

Top Gun (when Goose dies)

There's probably more but they were the first ones that sprang to mind.

Shadowlands - with Anthony Hopkins playing C.S.Lewis - I saw this originally in the West End several years ago and I came out with panda eyes - could not stop crying it was so sad when his wife died....
that's one for me and another is "It's a wonderful life" the christmas movie. with James stewart.

that brings a tear to my eye:friends0:

a another one I would be is "P.S.I Love you" that made me cry and send a lump to my throat.

Two stand out:

Finding Neverland and Bridge to Terabithia.

Both made me cry and cry and cry. My napkins secured for buttery-popcorn-fingers were all used up, tears into my beard, sobbing-aching-racking-sniffling-my-god-this-feels-good crying. As a rather reserved private individual, I've never embraced a good crying jag until recently: it's great.

I even blogged on the experiences, while I'd not recommend dragging anyone through one of my tedious blogs - in all fairness to this thread, I'll post the links.

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-BlcO1OkmaafE59rSofPiKvw3S9JD9WXz?p=41

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-BlcO1OkmaafE59rSofPiKvw3S9JD9WXz?p=523

http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-BlcO1OkmaafE59rSofPiKvw3S9JD9WXz?p=36

Some of the movies that have made me cry the most (by this I mean long after after the credits have rolled, and maybe into the next week..) are as follows:

Titanic

Legend of the Fall

Finding Nemo

Star Wars Episode III

Life is Beautiful

..I'm sure there are loads more, but they are the ones that really stand out, they really made my heart ache!

There are not any films that make me cry anymore, but over the years I've had a handful. When I was six, certain parts of Lion King 2 made me cry.I nearly cried at Ice Age 1 when it first came out because the ending was sad. Other than a few others, there are not many that made me cry.

I'm known to cry if a film has a sad ending and even a happy one!! I love a good cry at a film. The ones that never fail are:

Beaches

City of Angels

Bicentennial Man (I know, I'm sad!!)

Ghost

Return of the King

Pay It Forward

The Pusuit of Happyness (The end had me blubbing like a great big baby!)

The opening credits and music for any Lassie movie. So I gave up and don't watch.

This afternoon Memoirs of a Geisha was on, and while I have the book, I've not read it yet...it's in the never ending stack, and I only was able to see the last, I suppose one-third of it, but at the last scene, I won't give it away, I had tears running down my cheeks.

Great movie. Beautiful and lush.

But that is rare for me.

I don't cry that easily either, but 'The Japanese Story', a lesser known Australian movie, starring Toni Collette and Gotaro Tsunashima, had me a tearful mess.

'Shadowlands', the biographgy of C.S.Lewis, was another one and also 'V for Vendetta' when Natalie Portman was being tortured.

I don't cry that easily either, but 'The Japanese Story', a lesser known Australian movie, starring Toni Collette and Gotaro Tsunashima, had me a tearful mess.

'Shadowlands', the biographgy of C.S.Lewis, was another one and also 'V for Vendetta' when Natalie Portman was being tortured.

I am not familiar with the first one, but oh yeah, Shadowlands had me a quivering, tear-laden wreck. Gak.

In addition to some of the movies mentioned above, I always cry at the end of Hair. I bawled at a mini-series remake of On The Beach. The Notebook leaves me blubbering for ages after the movie ends, and nothing beats Beaches for a good cry! I'm certain I've cried during at least two of the Lord Of The Rings movies.

I cry during pretty much anything that has a remotely sad part, or a very happy ending :)