Traditional?

Maureen

Are you Traditional when it comes to food?

Do you prepare Turkey for Christmas?

Pancakes for Pancake Tuesday?

Do you eat meat/fast on Good Friday?

What about Easter Eggs/lamb for Easter?

Or you don't hold with traditions at all and would eat anything that took your fancy, whenever?

.....what about birthday cake?

I don't remember the last time I had a birthday cake!

I tend to spend Xmas with family, so there's turkey (as my sister is demi-vegetarian) but there's usually another meat choice too, such as roast beef or pork, or perhaps duck.

I like pancakes any time of the year - can't get enough of them sprinkled with sugar and drenched in freshly squeezed lemon juice - lip-smackin' good!

At Easter, Dale gets a chocolate egg and I get a new book. I haven't yet discussed with him which book I'll be getting for Easter this year, but he has an Aero Bubbles egg...

My Mum gets me a birthday cake every year with candles and she sings happy birthday as well :blush:

I spend Christmas with my family so I do cook turkey but i also have beef and gammon.

I always have pancakes on pancake day with sugar.

And again, my Mum always gets me an easter egg - this year i have got a Fifi and the flowerpots one as my cat is called Fifi... But i also got a new plant for the garden as well! :lol:

Yes yes yes. I am traditional on all occasions because it makes great family occasions. I love getting the family together. I would have lamb at easter but I don't like it. Don't know what I'm getting this yr though as oh is in germany and i'm going to my mum's..

I have to say we are quite traditional in that we always have turkey at Christmas, Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday (although we do have them at other times throughout the year), the kids had a picninc tea tonight so I had potted salmon sandwiches instead of fish and chips. Easter Sunday we are having beef because it is everyones favourite (and lamb is a bit expensive when feeding my family!) and the Easter eggs are waiting to be devoured on Monday. I nearly always get birthday cakes for the kids and hubby. I think that just about covers everything :blush:

Yep traditional here too. Turkey at Christmas, pancakes on Shrove

Tuesday - we always have a birthday cake. My OH and I decided not to swap eggs and treat ourselves to coffee and cake somewhere nice but since that decision we've both felt it would be nice to have an egg - well just a little one! My mum is sending money though and with that I will get a book rather than more chocolate.

Oh Maureen, now you've made me all sad.

Many memories of family dinners; turkey, dressing, roasts, funky little side dishes, I even remember my grandma making me a chocolate cake with the pieces cut to look like cars on a train with lifesavers for wheels and a dime or two hidden in the cake as a surprise.

Now? I live alone. I don't have anyone to share the special days with, the closest I might come could be hot dogs at the Super Bowl party. Making an over-the-top meal for just myself doesn't appeal to me though I do make some fine and fun meals unrelated to holidays.

This Easter, like Thanksgiving will come and go with barely a nod.