Movies You're Looking Forward To In 2012

Kylie

Are you particularly excited about any movies coming out in 2012?

I can't wait to see The Hobbit and I'm looking forward to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (but I'll have to read the book first!)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks Kell! I knew you'd chime in with a great list!

How could I have forgotten The Woman in Black and The Hunger Games? :doh: I'm so excited about those two!

I really hope Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby will live up to my high expectations.

I love the original Men in Black movie but I can't remember much about the second. I'll have to watch the trailers before deciding whether or not I want to see the third movie.

Ah, thanks Kell! I knew you'd chime in with a great list!

I love the original Men in Black movie but I can't remember much about the second. I'll have to watch the trailers before deciding whether or not I want to see the third movie.

Well, one tries - LOL! And the MIBIII trailer looks great - Josh Brolin is an excellent match for the young Tommy Lee Jones - really spot on! :)

There are many films from 2011 that I still haven't seen but that I need to see before the Academy Awards - I'm so behind, ugh :doh:

Amoung them would be Ides of March, Drive, Young Adult, Descendants, Hugo, The Artist and Midnight in Paris.

Otherwise for 2012 I'm looking forward to:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close

The Hobbit (Confession: I only want to see this because of Aidan Turner ;))

And those lovely guilty pleasures:

The Hunger Games

Magic Mike

Breaking Dawn Pt 2

I have to figure out what else is coming in 2012 that I'd like to see, so I'll probably come back and revise my list :D.

The Hobbit for sure. I've loved the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit since I was a kid, and if the Hobbit is even half as good as the LOTR film adaptations, it's gonna be totally worth the wait.

Hansel and Gretel: the Witch Hunters sounds definitely interesting as well - kind of a twisted fairytale, and that's what I like.

Then I spotted a couple of promising ones from Kell's list above there. Snow White and the Huntsman and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter sound like films I'd like. Ah, year 2012 seems to be a better year than 2011 when it comes to movies.

I read yesterday that Yann Martel's Life of Pi and Jack Kerouac's On the Road will be released this year, and I've also remembered Hunter S Thompson's The Rum Diary, which I think will be brilliant (oh, I just looked this up; it had a 2011 release in the US but is released in March over here).

The Artist! I'm so excited to see that film :)

I'd like to see The Great Gatsby, although I'm unsure about Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby. I quite liked the Robert Redford version, but a really good (and overlooked) version is the one with Tony Stephens and Mira Sorvino.

Not a movie, but looking forward to the costume dramas regarding the Titanic this year - there are two I know of - for the centenery of the ship's sinking.

Also looking forward to The Hobbit, maybe it'll kickstart my old LOTR addiction again!

There are some good films on this list, I'll have to keep an eye on it.

These are the films I'm looking forward to in 2012 so far, I'm sure there will probably be plenty more as the year goes on (I'm quite a bit of a movie fan :D)

The Hobbit

The Hunger Games

The Avengers

Men in Black III

Prometheus

The Amazing Spiderman

The Dark Knight Rises

Underworld: Awakening

Man on a Ledge

Chronichle

Wrath of the Titans

American Reunion

GI Joe: Retaliation

The Bourne Legacy

Expendables 2

Resident Evil Retribution

007: Skyfall

Great Expectations

The Woman in Black

I'd like to see The Great Gatsby, although I'm unsure about Leonardo DiCaprio as Gatsby. I quite liked the Robert Redford version, but a really good (and overlooked) version is the one with Tony Stephens and Mira Sorvino.

I loved the Mia Farrow/Robert Redford version too but have a lot of respect for DiCaprio's acting ability (thought he was excellent in The Aviator) so would love to see this.

Can't wait for The Hobbit, part of it was filmed on some land my neighbour co-owns on Canaan Downs, Takaka.

One I've just seen advertised that's been released today, Hugo, looks exciting.

Not a movie, but looking forward to the costume dramas regarding the Titanic this year - there are two I know of - for the centenery of the ship's sinking.

Yes, I'm looking forward to those as well. :)

They're going to fudge Life of Pi right up, is my prediction.

I agree - not sure how they are going to make a film version of that story.

I loved the Mia Farrow/Robert Redford version too but have a lot of respect for DiCaprio's acting ability (thought he was excellent in The Aviator) so would love to see this.

One I've just seen advertised that's been released today, Hugo, looks exciting.

DiCaprio is a terrific actor, but somehow I just can't see him as Gatsby, but I'll certainly give it a watch, and would not be surprised at all if he is perfect in the role!

Not heard of Hugo, but always like to keep my eye open for new films, so am off to Google that now.

Edited by Ruth

The Great Gatsby was filmed in Sydney and a lot of photos of some sets were posted online. It looks great. :) I quite like the original movie as well, although I haven't watched it in a long time.

I hadn't heard there was another version of Great Expectations coming out. Who's in it, Timmo?

I'd also like to see The Dark Knight Rises. :)

Great Expectations (2012) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836808/

Helena Bonham Carter - Miss Havisham

Ralph Fiennes - Magwitch

Jeremy Irvine - Pip

Robbie Coltrane - Mr. Jaggers

Jason Flemyng - Joe Gargery

Holliday Grainger - Estella

Sally Hawkins - Mrs. Joe

Ewen Bremner - Wemmick

David Walliams - Uncle Pumblechook

Edited by Timmo

• 2 weeks later...