Movies You're Looking Forward To In 2012

Kylie

I'm a big fan, especially as my Steve and Hugh looked very similar in their younger days, he sometimes had people think he was Hugh when he was out!

How successful was he? :D

I've put the book on my wish list,I'll try and read it before the film comes out.. It'll be interesting to see him as someone other than House . :)

It's a reasonably short read so I think you would manage it just fine :) I hope you enjoy it if/when you get to it! :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a trailer out for Life of Pi, and it looks like there is going to be extreme hype around the movie. I just saw a bit of the trailer and was reasonably unimpressed (especially given the hype around the trailer alone!) It's release date has been moved forward to November. I liked the book OK, but maybe less in hindsight, and I don't think I'll go to see it.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a trailer out for Life of Pi, and it looks like there is going to be extreme hype around the movie. I just saw a bit of the trailer and was reasonably unimpressed (especially given the hype around the trailer alone!) It's release date has been moved forward to November. I liked the book OK, but maybe less in hindsight, and I don't think I'll go to see it.

I'm disappointed that even in the trailer, changes to the plot are apparent. The main one being that in the trailer, Pi gets on the lifeboat and Richard Parker is already on it, whereas in the book, he actually risks his own life by rescuing Richard Parker - I actually loved that bit of the book!

I'm just loving that three of the major American superheroes/vigilantes are being played by Brits at the moment - Christian Bale as Batman, Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man, and Henry Cavill as Superman! ;)

I'm going to see the expendables for some daft action and hopefully fun 1 liners, It's going to be stallone, statham and then probably just cameos. Not sure about bourne, the last film I saw by directed by a writer ,Hannibal rising was terrible.

• 1 month later...

A trailer has been released for Cloud Atlas. I would never have thought it could translate to the screen, but it looks quite interesting, so I think I'll check it out.

I've just watched the extended trailer and it looks great. I Love Ben Whishaw anyway and Jim Broadbent :) I'm not sure about Life of Pi .. very odd trailer .. seems like just the tiger is in the boat .. and yet I usually love Ang Lee films :(

The Hobbit looks sensational (and again .. I love Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage is not bad either :D) .. wild goblins wouldn't stop me from seeing that one :D

• 4 weeks later...

Well, here's my original list from the start of this thread. The ones I've now seen are marked in green with a rating out of 5.

The Iron Lady - 5/5

Coriolanus

The Woman in Black - 4/5

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters

The Raven - 2/5

Mirror Mirror: The Untold Adventures of Snow White - 2/5

The Hunger Games - 2/5 (although I give the book 4/5)

The Avengers - 3/5

Dark Shadows - 1/5

Men in Black III - 3/5

Snow White and the Huntsman - 1/5

Prometheus - 3/5

Jack the Giant Killer

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - 4/5

Brave - 5/5

The Amazing Spider-Man - 4/5

The Dark Knight Rises

Hotel Transylvania

Dredd

Rise of the Guardians

Les Miserables

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

The Great Gatsby

I'm no longer bothered abut seeing the one I've crossed off, but the ones marked in red are the ones I am most looking forward to seeing now, even though a couple of them will not be out for a while yet.

Also watched the following films that were new out this year: