TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

Going on recommendations on here, I have bought Twilight for my 16 year old neice for Xmas. She likes fantasy type read (or at least she did). Don't think she has tried anything like this though.:giggle:

I would just like to say that my neice thoroughly enjoyed Twilight and has bought the other two in the series and will be buying the 4th in paperback when it comes out....thanks you guys for getting her back into her reading again.:)

Edited by Inver

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seem to be developing something of a minor obsession - just read Midnight Sun when I should really have been working! Love the bit in the first biology lesson where Edward is plotting how to kill as few people as possible! I must be warped

What's this?!

I haven't joined the fanatics in reading Midnight Sun yet. :D

What's this?!

I haven't joined the fanatics in reading Midnight Sun yet. :D

Having read it I would kind of suggest you don't. It is pretty horrible how it just ends. I know I wished after finishing her partial draft that I hadn't read it.

hi everyone im new to this forum and love reading :D i have just finished the twilight collection by stephenie meyer and i can honstly say i really enjoyed the books. twilight itself i was enthralled with however i didnt enoy book number 2 as much and by book 3 i was ready to slap bella sensless i figured if your really in true love with someone you wouldnt flit from Jacob to Edward back to Jacob the way she did and at points i was very frustrated i think i only continued to read as i wanted to know the outcome and the fact i had possibly fell for the character Edward :)

i have also read the midnight sun draft and although the writing leaves much to be desired i love the thought of the book itself the idea of twilight being written from Edwards perspective rather than bella's seems much more appealing to me

im currently reading "the host" by Stephenie Meyer and as of yet im having trouble to get into it , ive not been sucked into this novel and im finding it very easy to put down which in my opinion usually dictates whether its a good book or not

:)

I am currently reading Breaking Dawn and I have to say that at the beginning i thought like "Yeah. Jacob and his werewolf pack troubles. When will the lame thoughts of all of them especially of Jacob and Leah end which are like supah boooring?"

Now I'm at the point when Bella sees her Baby for the first time and i find it much more interesting.

But yeah, the first book was just the best of the four.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my review:

twilight.jpg

Synopsis:

When 17 year old Isabella Swan moves to Forks, Washington to live with her father she expects that her new life will be as dull as the town. But in spite of her awkward manner and low expectations, she finds that her new classmates are drawn to this pale, dark-haired new girl in town. But not, it seems, the Cullen family. These five adopted brothers and sisters obviously prefer their own company and will make no exception for Bella. Bella is convinced that Edward Cullen in particular hates her, but she feels a strange attraction to him, although his hostility makes her feel almost physically ill. He seems determined to push her away until, that is, he saves her life from an out of control car. Bella will soon discover that there is a very good reason for Edward's coldness. He, and his family, are vampires and he knows how dangerous it is for others to get too close.

I was nervous to read this book due to the fame surrounding it, but actually, I loved it. I was gripped from the start. All the characters affected me. It took me little more than a day to read it. The story was exciting and breath-taking. I loved how Meyer went against the grain of traditional vampire characteristics, and there were no coffins or garlic in the book. The writing was fluid and gripping. The story is easy tofollow and engaging.

The story follows Bella as she moves to Forks to live with her Dad. Not the most popular girl in Phoenix, she is surprised by the reaction she gets in this new town. Except, there is one family who avoid her, theCullins . Yet they are the most intriguing, especially Edward, who is Bella's lab partner. He stays away from her, making her think he only has feelings of hate for her, until a van skids on ice and nearly kills her. He saves her and then disappears. She doesn't understand, so takes up her own investigation into Edward and his family. This leads her into a world of love, fear, blood, fantasy and excitement.

I really connected with Bella; her hate for gym and her clumsiness, and of course her intrigue. It was genuine and easy to believe. And I think I fell in love with Edward too. He was gorgeous, and his love and protection of Bella was beautiful. Hard not to be drawn into that world.

Although essentially a vampire story, it is also a high school love story, and actually believable. This is a book aimed at young people, but I recommend everyone to read it. I don't have a bad word against it. This is the first in a four-part series, and I can't wait for the next installment. One of the best books I have read so far this year.

10/10

Nice review ;).

Despite it's obvious flaws, I gave Twilight 10/10 too as I just loved it so much.

Ditto Bookbee :shrug:

I recently read this series and enjoyed it as a nice bit of predictabe fluff that didn't take too much concentration (which was exactly what I needed since I don't have much reading time!).

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

I thought Eclipse was the best of the bunch. :shrug:

I liked Eclipse the best as well. Definately the most action in that one. I think it and Twilight were definately the two best in the series.

Order for me was : Eclipse, Twilight, Breaking Dawn and New Moon. :shrug:

Yeah, that is mine as well.

I read them so fast that it was difficult to really think about the books in between, but looking back I realise that I really, really didn't like New Moon. It wasn't so much because Edward wasn't in it, I just think she massively overdid it in that book. It just became ridiculous IMO.

Really? For me, I just thought New Moon was sooo slow paced and I wasn't overly fond of Jacob's character until Breaking Dawn. I loved him in Breaking Dawn.

I actually really liked New Moon to begin with though. I loved that one of the Cullens

finally slipped from perfection and snapped. Jasper, obviously.

When that happened, I thought the whole book was going to be similar but nope. :shrug:

Really looking forward to that scene in the movie. And the scenes in Italy, they should be interesting. If they get it right.

Really? For me, I just thought New Moon was sooo slow paced and I wasn't overly fond of Jacob's character until Breaking Dawn. I loved him in Breaking Dawn.

I actually really liked New Moon to begin with though. I loved that one of the Cullens

finally slipped from perfection and snapped. Jasper, obviously.

When that happened, I thought the whole book was going to be similar but nope. :shrug:

Yeah the pace hurt as well. I just thought the whole

"Bella is incredibly miserable because Edward left" went on for about a million pages too long. Half way through that part I just wanted to call her up and say "yeah, we get it, she is not happy". It was just too much I thought.

Twilight and Eclipse were my favourites.

I spent about 400 pages in New Moon waiting for Edward to come back. Not really sure about breaking dawn - I think that it all went a bit weird! In the earlier books, before Bella became immortal, the desciptions used to describe her relationship with Edward were really magical (probably not the right word!). In breaking dawn, they just seemed a bit stale if that makes sense to anyone?! I would have also liked it if more was made of it when Bella first became immortal - we had been waiting for 3 books for it to happen and it ended up being a bit anti-climatic. I know the whole book was really based arounf the

Don't get me wrong, I liked all 4 books, but I only loved 3 of the books.....

Edited by Nici