New Kindle, Kindle Touch and Kindle Fire released!

Lumo

poppy,

I've not had to use the customer support for my kindle, but Amazon's customer service is, in general, excellent IMO.

I'm glad you are enjoying your Kindle Touch.....we both have the old, original kindle. I don't think we'll upgrade, but ya never know. I'm satisfied with the ones we have, so far. I still read regular books 90% of the time anyhow. I like the kindle for the cheap specials they run, and for a few books that are kindle only that we want to purchase. We probably don't use them as much as we thought to tell the truth.

I haven't used the library system for the kindle at all, although it is available here. BTW, Amazon has a freebie service for Amazon Prime members. AP members are able to borrow selected books, one a month for free. Plus, btw, AP members are able to stream quite a few movies for free. fyi :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info about Amazon Prime, Pont. :friends3:

I can't praise too highly the help I got from Amazon. Firstly I asked a question on the Amazon Kindle forum and got an almost instant answer. They suggested ringing or going into online chat with someone if their advice didn't work. I then spent a very pleasant 20 mins or so chatting with a most helpful customer support person, who in spite of the fact we'd just bet them that day at cricket, still continued to give simple step by step instructions and didn't hold a grudge at all :D

I'm so used in NZ being put on hold, having to press about a dozen numbers, having to listen to GHASTLY music at deafening decibels, then being suddenly cut off and having to start the whole process all over again, that the Amazon experience was such a pleasant surprise. :D

We're also used to being put on hold here, although I can't say how it works with our Amazon service.

I've got a Kindle Touch and I love the use of the dictionaries here, simply touch the word you need.

But I rather buy the books via my computer and let them be sent on to the Kindle. I don't like our Amazon page on the Kindle.