Nici's Reading

Nici

And also, as I have enjoyed these books so much, has Kelley Armstrong got a similar style of writing? As I am going to get her series soon!

Hmm.. yes, I guess similar, but hers are obviously focused on the female characters, rather than Raven's very male ones! Also, I think Raven's books are a little more graphic. Up until the most recent book, I would have said that Kelley's were no where close with the sex scenes.. but in the most recent one, hers was explosive! :(

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only got around 30 pages left of The Vampires Secret :( I am trying to drag it out as I don't want to finish this book as it is just so good!!

I want to read this too. After reading the first one I had the impression that the second one would be better. Now I can't wait to get my hands on it.

OMG! What an ending to The Vampires Secret!!!!!! What a cliff hanger! Can't wait to read the next one when it comes out!!

I am now reading Ugly - Constance Briscoe:

I handed my school photograph to my mother. She stared from the photograph to me.

"Lord, sweet Lord how come she so ugly. Ugly. Ugly."

These cruel words are just the begining. Constance's mother systematically abused her daughter, both physically and emotionally, throughout her childhood. Regularly beaten and starved, the child was so desperate she took herself off to Social Services and tried to get taken into care. When Constance was thirteen, her mother simply moved out, leaving her daughter to fend for herself; there was no gas, no electricity and no food.

But somehow Constance found the courage to survive her terrible start in life. This is her heartbreaking - and ultimately triumphant - story.

I have had to stop reading Ugly - Constance Briscoe.

I am just not in the mood for this type of book. I will try to read it again at another time.

I am now going to read:-

James Herbert - The Secret of Crickley Hall

Would you stay in a haunted house for more than one night?

Would you live in a place where ghostly things keep happening? Where a cellar door you know you locked the night before is always open the following morning? Where hushed whimpering is heard? Where white shadows steal through the darkness? Where the presence of evil is all around you?

Would you? Should you?

The Caleighs did, but they had their reasons. They should have known better though. As the terror mounts, they begin to regret their decision. As the horror rises, they realize their very lives are at risk...and so is their sanity. For the secret of Crickley Hall is beyond all nightmares...

Just thought, James Herbert - The Secret of Crickley Hall is 633 pages long so therefore it can also be a Doorstep Challenge! :)

That title makes me think of Noel's House Party! :hyper:

O/t, but I tried searching for you on Facebook, but it didn't find Nici76.

• 2 weeks later...

James Herbert - The Secret of Crickley Hall

Would you stay in a haunted house for more than one night?

Would you live in a place where ghostly things keep happening? Where a cellar door you know you locked the night before is always open the following morning? Where hushed whimpering is heard? Where white shadows steal through the darkness? Where the presence of evil is all around you?

Would you? Should you?

The Caleighs did, but they had their reasons. They should have known better though. As the terror mounts, they begin to regret their decision. As the horror rises, they realize their very lives are at risk...and so is their sanity. For the secret of Crickley Hall is beyond all nightmares...

Ooh that sounds good. It might have to go on my TBR...

• 2 weeks later...

I finished James Herbert this morning. I thought it was an excellent book!

I am now reading Simon Kernick - Relentless so far so good!

3 o'clock. It's a normal Saturday afternoon.

You're with the kids in the garden when the phone rings.

It's your best friend from school. Someone you haven't seen for a few years. It should be a friendly call making arrangements to see each other again, catching up on old times.

But it's not.

This call is different. Your friend is speaking quickly, panting with fear, his breaths coming tortured, ragged gasps. It is clear that someone is inflicting terrible pain on him.

He cries out and then utters six words that will change his life forever....the first two lines of your address.

I finished Simon Kernick - Relentless today and I really enjoyed it. It is very fast paced with lot's of twists and turns so it really kept my attention. I will definately read more of Simon Kernick's books! :D

Not sure what I am going to read next, I will have a look when I get home.

Right, I have decided on a fantasy book.

Maggie Furey - The heart of Myrial

(Book one in the Shadowleague series)

The magical barriers that have held the world together for aeons are begining to fail. But this is far more than just a natural disaster. For the boundaries have also served to keep hostile nations apart.

Catastrophe is imminent, and the only hope of salvation lies in the hands of the Shadowleague and its emissaries, in particular the Loremaster Veldan and her firedrake partner Kazairl. The next few days will change their future and threaten to tear the Shadowleague apart.