The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

It was fantastic. Serkis was amazing, I fully agree. Lithgow was wonderful as the father. I loved the bit during the ending credits showing the progression of the virus. Interesting way to do it.

I notice Lithgow is taking smaller roles lately, some really cameos. He had a teensy cameo in New Year's Eve, as Michelle Pfiffer's boss. [know I mangled her name...grrr, to lazy to google] .

I totally agree with everything said, 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' is my favourite film this year. I'm really looking forward to watching the sequel. Does anyone know when the sequel is likely to come out?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I totally agree with everything said, 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' is my favourite film this year. I'm really looking forward to watching the sequel. Does anyone know when the sequel is likely to come out?

Sequel?? /panting in anticipation/ googling....... Found something... http://www.reelz.com/movie-news/12619/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-director-offers-details-on-sequel/

Haven't read the whole article yet, but looks interesting.

Sequel?? /panting in anticipation/ googling....... Found something... http://www.reelz.com...ails-on-sequel/

Haven't read the whole article yet, but looks interesting.

Ooh, this is a very interesting article! As the end of the film indicated the possibility for a sequel, I would love to see how to story progresses.

I love Heathers - it's just my dark sens eof humour. ;)

Watched Moneyball last night - excellent and I'd say it's probably going to get nominated for Best Film Oscar...

I so need to watch it! And I need to get a copy for Kylie :)

I saw it in the shops recently, but it was rather expensive.

One of our TV channels appears to be showing a series of cult movies. Two nights ago I watched Little Shop of Horrors, which I loved. Tonight I watched Beetle Juice, which I think I saw many years but couldn't remember. I really enjoyed it.

Went to see 'Drive' last night. It started off really slowly and then turned into a blood bath! It's a horrible film.....I wouldn't recommend watching this just after dinner.

Edited by karen.d

Watched The Bounty Hunter this afternoon, and didn't like it at all, but now watching The Holiday, which I've seen a million times before, and has many faults, but grows on me more every time I watch it.

I want to re watch The Holiday again too...

I can't believe you all liked the Planet of The Apes movie so much....I found it so banal and shallow, just a piece of Hollywood tripe , sorry...

I think I've seen it too, but I can't remember a thing of it. Must not have left a big impression on me...

I want to re watch a Hugh Grant movie. But I can't decide which one!

Edited by MysteryRose

I want to re watch a Hugh Grant movie. But I can't decide which one!

For me, it's always Four Weddings and a Funeral, I let my eldest son watch it recently, he nearly wet himself laughing!!

We're watching the second half of Uncle Buck when my youngest goes to bed tonight, John Candy was a legend! :rolol:

I can't believe you all liked the Planet of The Apes movie so much....I found it so banal and shallow, just a piece of Hollywood tripe , sorry...

Gee Whiz, VF, why don't you say what you really mean? :grinhat:

Went to see 'Drive' last night. It started off really slowly and then turned into a blood bath! It's a horrible film.....I wouldn't recommend watching this just after dinner.

I hate it when there is blood and gore all over the place in a film, it isn't necessary, and is rather stomach churning.

I love the films where the suspense is so thick you can cut it with a knife, far more effective. There was a film we watched a while back on DVD, Fargo...there were a couple of scenes that almost made me turn it off, not necessarily bloody, but so brutal that it took my breath away. Definitely an ick factor at work there.

I hate it when there is blood and gore all over the place in a film, it isn't necessary, and is rather stomach churning.

I love the films where the suspense is so thick you can cut it with a knife, far more effective. There was a film we watched a while back on DVD, Fargo...there were a couple of scenes that almost made me turn it off, not necessarily bloody, but so brutal that it took my breath away. Definitely an ick factor at work there.

*nods* I was really enjoying Fargo until that chainsaw scene. I've never been able to get it out of my head, and I actually did change the channel once I realised what was happening. Still traumatised me though. I'm a bit less squeamish now and I'd like to see it again (the movie, not the chainsaw scene specifically), but I'm still a bit wary.

*nods* I was really enjoying Fargo until that chainsaw scene. I've never been able to get it out of my head, and I actually did change the channel once I realised what was happening. Still traumatised me though. I'm a bit less squeamish now and I'd like to see it again (the movie, not the chainsaw scene specifically), but I'm still a bit wary.

William Macy is such a good actor, I usually like him, but actually hated him in this film.

Yeah, the chainsaw, and the first shooting in the snow on the side of the road.

I thought the accents were exaggerated somewhat, although I know a lot of Scandinavians live up there. It's the same for down here in New Orleans. Many film makers think everyone down here either speaks with a long drawn out Southern drawl, or with a Cajun accent. :roll: Funny thing is, New Orleanians, many sections anyhow, sound more like a New Yorker, specifically a Brooklynite. :D

P.S. If you listen to Harry Connick, Jr., the singer/actor, you'll hear a typical local accent.

Gee Whiz, VF, why don't you say what you really mean? :grinhat:

I like films like 'Goodfellas' and 'Pulp Fiction' which do have gore and violence in. However, the difference I found with these films and 'Drive' was that they did not just contain gore, but actually had a story to them too.

I like films like 'Goodfellas' and 'Pulp Fiction' which do have gore and violence in. However, the difference I found with these films and 'Drive' was that they did not just contain gore, but actually had a story to them too.

Oh, a good story line does make a difference. I haven't seen either of those films, but, for example...I'd been curious for ages about the Kill Bill films. I started watching the first one, and finally had to turn it off. For me, the story just didn't carry it.

Edited by pontalba