The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So weird! I watched that movie last night too, Frankie! There were things I did and I didn't like about it too.

What, you have to be kidding me?! :D What a coincidence. I disliked it that the male lead was all in love with the woman, and it was all about having to change her views about looks not being important, and what's on the inside as being the thing that counts. And yet the woman's gorgeous, so of course the man's in love with her, and he says she's the kindest person in the world, and yet she mocks people for what they look like. How is that being the kindest person in the world. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know, right?! It bugged me so much when he said she was the kindest person! I thought 'You've got to be joking! She's the meanest you-know-what around!!' And then finally she realised that she wanted his 'little fat, snub-nosed kids', and when she finally said some nice things to him, she basically just repeated back to him what he had said to her. I thought Gervais did a brilliant job in the scene with his mother, though.

Oh, I know, right?! It bugged me so much when he said she was the kindest person! I thought 'You've got to be joking! She's the meanest you-know-what around!!' And then finally she realised that she wanted his 'little fat, snub-nosed kids', and when she finally said some nice things to him, she basically just repeated back to him what he had said to her.

Exactly! Thank you! It was so annoying I almost wanted to stop watching. And she was rather stupid, too. She had no original thoughts, she did nothing but what other people wanted of her. I mean, grow a pair, will you.

It was like the oldest story in the world. I expected something a lot more original from Gervais, you know!

I thought Gervais did a brilliant job in the scene with his mother, though.

Yeah. But that's not what I'm going to remember about the movie a year from now, but everything above ^ :rolleyes: (Oh how you and I would've ranted if we'd watched it together :lol:)

Another thing that really bugged me was, well, do they not have the saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'? They were all being so rude so unnecessarily! And they were saying things without even being asked, like that woman who stood outside her work and said to no one in particular that she didn't want to go in.

Yep, we should have watched it together. :)

Another thing that really bugged me was, well, do they not have the saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'? They were all being so rude so unnecessarily! And they were saying things without even being asked, like that woman who stood outside her work and said to no one in particular that she didn't want to go in.

Oh yeah, that annoyed me, too! I was all like, do they also have to blurt out everything they are thinking about, out loud?! :D:rolleyes: Oi vey...

Just became a member of Love Film!

My partner had American Pie The Reunion sent through, not something i enjoyed, never watched the previous ones. This was the last film i watched.

Waiting for 'Trainspotting' and 'The Lost Boys' to come through and the Second Series of 'The Walking Dead' having missed it while it was on the T.V :)

I watched I Saw the Devil tonight. Very, very disturbing. But a great movie, nonetheless. Definitely not your average horror film, but then again, it was an Asian movie.

Here we have those DVDs distributed under the "Tartan Asia Extreme" label. Some of them are good, some have left me unmoved to say the least. I will look this one up Frankie.

Here we have those DVDs distributed under the "Tartan Asia Extreme" label. Some of them are good, some have left me unmoved to say the least. I will look this one up Frankie.

It's well fine as a movie, but really, incredibly disturbing. I had to cover my eyes maybe 10 times, it was so uncomfortable. We don't have those specific labels on here, though.

The Beginners. I really loved it - even though as a 'quirky comedy' it wasn't actually a barrel of laughs - more tragi-comic actually, but very good.

Sideways

I think this has become my favourite film.

I saw this recently. It's a truly wonderful film - yes has to be in my top 10 now.

Aeon Flux. Absolutely terrible and also virtually the same plot as Ultraviolet, which was also terrible.

I watched The Dictator the other night. It was pretty stupid, though, and I didn't even finish it.

Is that the Charlie Chaplin lampoon of Hitler, Echo?

Crazy Stupid Love - enjoyed it. I like Steve Carell in everything to be honest and the story of a marriage breaking up after hitting a rut & the difficulties of starting over is well told.

I'm a huge fan of Steve Carell, too, he's awesome! :) I just had him as my avatar on here for many many months, I changed to the Nard-Dog a few days ago. The Office is one of my most favorite TV series! :smile2:

I watched Sex and the City the movie yesterday, only my second time. Wasn't as good as I remembered, but I cried loads during certain scenes :blush: