Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished Emotional Geology by Linda Gillard, a lovely romantic read, just what I needed. I want to read Shadow of the Wind but really don't have the time or energy to commit to what looks to be an amazing book. I'll probably save it for when the kids go back to school. So I'll start The Body Finder tonight instead...

I'd go for Bone Collector by Jeffery Deaver, it's bloody brilliant! :cool:

I'm currently reading Lolita by Nabokov, I'm really enjoying it, I didn't expect it to be so good!

How can I argue with that,bone collector it is :)

Yahoo for Hunger Games!! :D I decided to start The Art Thief by Noah Charney today. I'm just on chapter 3, but it's holding my attention so far. I'm saving Mockingjay for my week at the cabin starting this next weekend.

I bought 29 books yesterday, I got 21 of them for only 5e, total! I still can't get over the excellence of my haul, I should list them on my reading blog. Lots of interesting biographies and psychology books, etc etc. :smile2:

Woohoo! I can't wait to see the titles.

I'm reading War Damage, a 1940s whodunnit by Elizabeth Wilson:

Everyone comes to Regine Milner's for her Sunday parties: ballet dancers and cabinet ministers, left-over Mosleyites and the flamboyant arty set. So when one of them turns up dead on the Heath, there is no shortage of suspects.

Sounds great!

I have finished the first English book, where I didn't need a dictionary.

Congratulations LittleW. :)

I'm currently reading Lolita by Nabokov, I'm really enjoying it, I didn't expect it to be so good!

This makes me sooooo happy. :D

I'm saving Mockingjay for my week at the cabin starting this next weekend.

What are you going to read for the other 6 1/2 days? ;)

I got a couple of books in the mail today and managed to read about 2 pages of Reading Lolita in Tehran. The only other book activity on my horizon is to move my small downstairs bookcase into the spare bedroom upstairs which is to become my study.

I've put Time's Legacy on hold as I was getting behind in my Amazon reviews. I shall revisit it once I have finished Russian Winter from the library. I was so pleased to get hold of this book as the price hasn't gone down yet on Amazon.

got a few books at the book sale Saturday:

Anansi Boys-Neil Gaiman

A Star Called Henry-Roddy Doyle (unfortunately I already had this one at home)

The Witch's Hammer-Jane Stanton Hitchcock

Creepers-David Morrell

My Cousin Rachel-Daphne Du Maurier (I could of sworn I had this at home, but didn't want to leave it behind just in case I didn't! )

Devil in the White City-Erik Larson

Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories

Other People's Houses- Lore Segal

The Gathering-Anne Enright

Crank-Ellen Hopkins

The Other Queen-Phillippa Gregory

The White Queen- Phillipa Gregory

A Prayer for Owen Meany-John Irving

Eva Luna-Isabel Allende

Run-Ann Patchett

Hidden Wives-Claire Avery

The Umbearable Lightness of Being-Milan Kundera

The Final Solution-Michael Chabon

^ Sofia, that's one excellent book haul! :huh:

My Cousin Rachel-Daphne Du Maurier

That's a great novel, I hope you enjoy it!

Devil in the White City-Erik Larson

Crank-Ellen Hopkins

I'm really jealous you found a copy of these, I also want them :smile2:

Spent the afternoon reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini; just over half-way through and really enjoying it so far.

Spent the afternoon reading Eldest by Christopher Paolini; just over half-way through and really enjoying it so far.

Kenny asking if that is in preparation for No.4 coming out in November?

Eventually finished 'People of the Book' by Geraldine Brooks.

Reading "Tex" by S.E. Hinton today during several breaks in between cleaning the pool. It's pretty good so far although not as good as Outsiders.

I agree, Mazzie, I loved the Outsiders. Have you read That Was Then This is Now? I really liked that one too - almost as much as the Outsiders.

Some great titles you got at the book sale, Sofia :D.

I agree, Mazzie, I loved the Outsiders. Have you read That Was Then This is Now? I really liked that one too - almost as much as the Outsiders.

Some great titles you got at the book sale, Sofia :D.

p.s. love S.E. Hinton as well :D

That Was Then, This Is Now was my absolute favorite book when I was a young teenager. I read it over and over and over. SE Hinton was probably my 'gateway' into young adult books and The Outsiders was the first book I read that wasn't all rosy and peachy, and really opened my eyes to a new 'grown-up' world. I'll always have a soft spot for SE Hinton because of that. :)

Finished swan song today and loved it,a really great book and for its size it never dragged at all,I didnt want it to end.Now have the choice of dean koontz odd thomas or American Psycho and I can't make my mind up.Advise me please as I hate flippin coins :D

It just got harder to choose,seen Jeffery Deavers Bone Collector in my TBR pile,choices so many choices :readingtwo:

Bone Collector is probably Deaver's best book IMO.

Finished C J Box - Out of Range today now am stuck trying to think what to read next I have nothing lined up on my kindle and am scared :D

How do you like CJ Box's books?