Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

I got a few new books this past week:

from lovely bf:

Carrie Ryan > The forest of hands and teeth

These are a mix of selfbought books and ones that I bought with birthday gift vouchers ( and I still have some left :D ):

Kelley Armstrong > Schattenstunde (The Summoning)

Maggie Stiefvater > Forever

Sara Grant > Neva (Dark Parties)

Jenny-Mai Nuyen > Rabenmond

Jenny-Mai Nuyen > Feenlicht

Patricia Briggs > Cry Wolf

Patricia Briggs > Hunting Ground

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished All Quiet on the Western Front over the weekend. What an absolutely brilliant book. I've now started Time's Legacy by Barbara Erskine.

Hi - You will love Times Legacy - I read it a few months ago and it's definitely up there alongside Lady of Hay - a really good read.

Hi - You will love Times Legacy - I read it a few months ago and it's definitely up there alongside Lady of Hay - a really good read.

Thanks Lynb. I like Barbara Erkine's work but was finding some her stuff getting a bit predictable. I believe though that Time's Legacy is a bit different to her usual work. I look forward to getting into it. :)

I finished Catching Fire over the weekend, then last night I started the 6th Sookie Stackhouse book, Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris, which I also read a bit of this morning.

Tonight I'm bound and determined to write up my review of both Haunted and Catching Fire.

I checked my mail today only to find some advertisements and decided to chuck them in the general paper collecting bin. There I noticed that someone had chucked 9 books in the bin!! Blasphemy! I looked them over and there were a few that I was interested in so decided to rescue them. Then realised I should rescue the others as well and take them to the free book trolley at the library at least. They're in an okay condition and can't have been harmed in a bin where there's only been magazines and whatnots.

Edit: Oooh! I just discovered a very old Helsinki library due date slip from one of the book. The dates are from 1977 and 1976. I'll definitely keep it as a bookmark, I love those old things :smile2:

Edited by frankie

I'm reading A Week in December- Sebastian Fawkes, it's being a bit slow to start but I have faith.

Oh and received Emotional Geology in the post from Linda Gillard herself, I won it in a blog giveaway. I seem to be very lucky when it comes to Linda's books!

Edited by Lucybird

I checked my mail today only to find some advertisements and decided to chuck them in the general paper collecting bin. There I noticed that someone had chucked 9 books in the bin!! Blasphemy! I looked them over and there were a few that I was interested in so decided to rescue them. Then realised I should rescue the others as well and take them to the free book trolley at the library at least. They're in an okay condition and can't have been harmed in a bin where there's only been magazines and whatnots.

Edit: Oooh! I just discovered a very old Helsinki library due date slip from one of the book. The dates are from 1977 and 1976. I'll definitely keep it as a bookmark, I love those old things :smile2:

Good for you! What a stroke of luck finding the books eh? How could anyone be so cruel?! :o Nice bookmark you have now too ;)

I managed to get some reading done today and am now up to about 85% of my current read, I think would probably be a rather big paperback if it was in tree form :)

I'm reading A Week in December- Sebastian Fawkes, it's being a bit slow to start but I have faith.

I'll be interested to know what you think of this book Lucybird. I bought it a while back but haven't yet found the right mood to read it.

I haven't done any reading since yesterday morning - I went up in a hot air balloon last night and I'm still up in the clouds! :D

I started reading yesterday Jill Mansell 'Staying at Daisy's, which seems very good, love her books, very chick-lit, nice to have an easy read sometimes, and not to heavy.

Will you post photos in the "show your bookshelf"-thread?

Definitely! I have some books to load onto the shelves but once I've done that I'll post some updated pics.

Wow, good haul! Is the library slip for the book it came out of? Perhaps the owner borrowed it in the 70s and forgot to return it. mocking.gif

I got a whole load of books in the mail today, so I'm very happy. :) I'll post details in my reading blog later.

Have been really busy with kids and guests this week so still only about halfway through Forever, must try harder!!! Taking my daughter and a friend into town later while boys are at sports clubs, will take my book in case I get time to sit and read...

You might as well, 'cos the fine's going to be ENORMOUS!!

started The forest of hands and teeth by Carrie Ryan this morning.

I enjoyed this one, hope you do too! :)

Finished The Heat by Heather Killough Walden.

Oh I hope you liked it! :D

I finished Skin Deep by Carol Davis Luce, think I may start The Body Finder by Kimberley Derting next :)

I purchased 3 more tree books today, the start of a series by Christine Feehan - 'Dark Prince', 'Dark Desire' and 'Dark Gold'. I don't think I've read anything by her so I hope I like them.

I also received Fractured by Karin Slaughter in the post from Isandriena as a book swap. thank you Isandriena! :friends3:

I purchased 3 more tree books today, the start of a series by Christine Feehan - 'Dark Prince', 'Dark Desire' and 'Dark Gold'. I don't think I've read anything by her so I hope I like them.

Read most of these Charm she has loads in this series all good though after a while alittle samey. Hope you like

I am reading Demon Girl - Penelope Fletcher a cheap download from Amazon so far its ok like a lot of books it has to start and get a lot of information into the first few chapters hope it settles down a bit soon.

I'll be interested to know what you think of this book Lucybird. I bought it a while back but haven't yet found the right mood to read it.

I haven't done any reading since yesterday morning - I went up in a hot air balloon last night and I'm still up in the clouds! :D

I will of course review it when I am done :)

Halfway through 'Forever' by Maggie Stiefvater :)

And I bought today ~

A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (in paperback)

An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington by Karl Pilkington (for my sister)

:)

Edited by Weave

Read most of these Charm she has loads in this series all good though after a while alittle samey. Hope you like

I am reading Demon Girl - Penelope Fletcher a cheap download from Amazon so far its ok like a lot of books it has to start and get a lot of information into the first few chapters hope it settles down a bit soon.

Good to hear the Christine Feehan books are good, I got all 3 for a fiver in the works :D

Just checked out Demon Girl on Amazon as I'd read Lunar Light by the same author. DG looks good, free, once click and it's mine! :giggle2:

A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan

Full Dark, No Stars by Stephen King (in paperback)

An Idiot Abroad: The Travel Diaries of Karl Pilkington by Karl Pilkington (for my sister)

Ooh, nice! I'd like to read all three of these books. :)

I've been making slow progress with The Noonday Demon by Andrew Solomon.