Library Thing

~V~

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Do any of you have to ensure that the book shown in your librarything (shelfari or goodreads) catalogue has to have the same cover as the book you actually own? Or is that just me?

On LibraryThing, I always make sure that the cover in my collection is the cover that I have. I don't mind so much on GoodReads though.

Oh no, I definately need to make sure that all of the covers match what they were when I read the book! I have a question about librarything - I don't see anywhere where it specifies whether the lifetime membership price you pay is an one-off or an anual thing. Anyone know?

Actually it's weird how much the cover can stick with you overtime... I've been looking for books I read when I was a kid on goodreads (trying to remember all my old favorites) and eventhough I've lost/ given/ sold them long ago I recognised most of the covers (or didnt and felt the ones I found weren't 'right') :roll:

I have a question about librarything - I don't see anywhere where it specifies whether the lifetime membership price you pay is an one-off or an anual thing. Anyone know?

As there's a yearly membership and a lifetime one, I assume that the latter is a one off payment. They suggest $10 for yearly and $25 for lifetime, so no one is going to pay the higher amount if it's annual. :roll:

I paid $25 for a lifetime membership, and I'm really glad I did!

And, yes, I always make sure that my covers match the edition I actually have.

I spend ages when I'm adding books to my library thing making sure the book covers match the actual book I read. Most of them in my library do, but there is the odd one which I had to pick the cover closest to mine... doesnt feel right! :roll:

If I can't find the right cover I usually scan the one I have and then up load it.

oooh, I wish I could do that! There have been a couple that I have had to "settle for the closest" & 1 where there isn't a cover to be found, so that ability would come in so handy!