Library Thing

~V~

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very addictive isn't it! I enjoyed being able to put childhood books on that I don't have any more - cheating but gratifying as it's become my virtual bookcase. Also as a lot of the books I read are from the library it's nice again to add them to my 'virtual bookcase'. I've tagged all the books I've read this year '2007' so that I can eventually draw up a list that will show what I've read this year - the possibilities with LibraryThing are endless . . .

I've also joined the BCF group at Library Thing. It's going to take a while to add all my books, but it's fun so I don't mind ;) I can see I'm going to have to get a lifetime membership as well, but not until I get near the 200 mark.

hi everyone- i also joined the bcf group at library thing and i jut love talking about books and meeting new people.... for all the harry potter fans out there i just saw that jk rowling is considering an 8th book in the series- more like an encyclopedia of sorts:mrgreen: ps- i love the icons!!!!

What name are you using on librarything carm, so we can all add you to our watchlists:lurker:

I've just changed my username, found I could use poppy after all ...hope I'm not confusing everyone.

http://www.librarything.com/profile/poppy1

Also joined up on listal to list music ...is quite good once you get the hang of it.

http://poppy1.listal.com/

Lol, I just saw that Rennie and I've replied and added you too. But Nici, it wasn't you I said hello to ...that was the other day. I said hi to Judy65 but called her Nici, so had to go back and change it ....I seriously think I'm losing the plot.;)

But Nici, it wasn't you I said hello to ...that was the other day. I said hi to Judy65 but called her Nici, so had to go back and change it ....I seriously think I'm losing the plot.:)

Oh dear! ;) and yes, I have seen your message you sent the other day!

P.S. I lurve your avatar! :lol:

Yes - all LT members can sign up for it, but at present, books will only be assigned to US members. There's hope that they'll be able to extend the same offer to other, non-US members, at some point in the future.

So, of course, I've signed up in preparation! :lol:

I find it very addictive!!!

I did find it very useful to print a copy of my "to buy" list when i was going to my book shop on Wednesday.

It's also nice to have a record of what books i own and what books i have read!

Thanks Louise - I did actually find it in their blog. As with most things, I can't see it coming outside the US for a while, so I think I'll wait until I have my new address to sign up - will be one less place to contact about a change of address!!

I don't get this Library Thing. What are the advantages of (painfully )listing all your books?

Maureen - it's a geeky systems thing for me about organisation and control - in fact I am a self confessed control freak and 'Librarything' fulfuls something in me!! :lol:

I will sign up to this reviewing thing if others have - thank :smile2:you

I don't get this Library Thing. What are the advantages of (painfully )listing all your books?

What I like most about it, is finding there are actually other people out there who like and own the same books as me :lol: Gives you ideas of other books to try, as well.