How many books a week / month / year?

honestfi

Normal reading pattern (I.e when working Mon to Fri) is maybe a book every three weeks - I am starting my 4th of the year today. When not working, it picks up - in a 2 week vacation I usually pack five books and take one in the hand luggage. I am both shocked and impressed by the pace some of you guys get through books :readingtwo:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep a book journal because I read so much that I forget what I've read and who it was by. So I can tell you accurately just what I have read since the beginning of the year:

2011: 33

Jan: 15

Feb: 10

March (so far) :8

7 were repeat reads.

7 were from the library.

20 were on my kindle e-book reader.

• 2 weeks later...

I do try to read at least one book a week, I find it is great for switching off after a busy day at work, I mix them up so that one week I will read a romantic book the next I will read a murder and then a biography, it keeps the brain active and something to look forward to

A book a week is what I'm aiming at, but it seems that when I do find the time to read, I don't feel like it :rolleyes:

I know, blasphemy...

On another note, I have managed to read half of last year's (sad) total in 3 months!

Which means I'm reading twice as fast/more than last year *happy dance* :D

Ten a month wow! I'm fitting in about one a week to ten days however that would be with reading at least an hour a night and a few hours over the weekend.

It is hard fitting it in with work, house work, cooking dinners and fitting exercise in but I try not to put too much pressure on myself to gnt through my tbr list although I am still buying more books that I'm reading per month I can't resist!

Edited by Habeebi

I tend to get through on average about one book every 10 to 14 days, depending on the size of the book and how busy I am at work. Most of my reading tends to be in the afternoons after I finish work or in the evenings if there is nothing on telly. When I am on holiday I read a lot more, getting through a book in about 3-4 days.

This has been one of my slowest starts ever to a year: only 5 books completed todate, and the current one (Hermione Lee's doorstopper of a biography of Virginia Woolf) has currently taken me over a month, and I'm barely 2/3 the way through. Usually average 40-50 books a year, about one every two weeks or so in termtime, and one every 4-5 days in the holidays. Last couple of years, have had a surge at the end of the year - Dec 2009 saw me complete 15 books!

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how many books I've read in previous years because I've never kept track before, however this year I'm aiming to read 100 books between May 1st (the day I started keeping track) and the end of the year.

I think on average I probably read 1-2 books per week. There are a number of factors which could alter this figure either way though including how busy or stressed out I am, how much free time I have and of course the length and type of book I'm reading, the style of writing of said book and whether or not I'm enjoying it or not.

I was off work the first week in May and a result I managed to read 7 books (two of which were eBooks), where as this past week I've only managed to read 2 - one of which I read over the course of yesterday and today - so work is obviously a pretty big factor for me!

I've been reading 1-2 books a week for the last 4 months. Before that I hadn't read in about 5/6 months. But I've averaged a book a week for about 4 years unless its a doorstop book. My last doorstop being 'the passage' Justin Cronin which took me 3 weeks.

I manange about 2-3 books a month depending on time, whether I love the book and I am addicted to it so therefore I have to read the whole book to find out what happens, (Love it when I find a book like that) Otherwise I'll take a bit longer with the book, like the one I'm reading at the moment, I can only manage a few chapters every other day or so!

Guest happyday

I usually take 1-2 months to read a book.

cheers,

HappyDay

Edited by Kell
link removed as per rules