Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well over half way through Lost Little girls by J.A.Kerley. As always a good read. I was scratching my head a little and it felt like I missed a book from the series but I checked fantasticfiction and it doesn't appear to be the case.

Went charity shop hunting while getting thread for my son's fancy dress outfit, and I picked up these beauties. ALL for 25p!! Ker-ching!:cool:

*Flashforward - Robert. J. Sawyer

*Lover revealed - J.R.Ward

*ORCS The ominibus edition - Stan Nicholls.

Yesterday I started Danny Wallace's Yes Man and read the first 100 pages. The trouble with it is that I can't stop reading it because as usual, his writing is so funny and easy to read, so I keep thinking 'just one section more' - so before I knew it it was gone midnight! :lol:

...and started Put Tragic Universe- Scarlett thomas

Hey Lucy! Is this a new Scarlett Thomas? I'm interested to see what you think.

I've nearly finished Giants in the Earth, and am trying to decide what to start next. I'm leaning towards something fluffy, but we'll see how I feel this weekend :D.

I'm now on page 80 or so on Room by Emma Donoghue, I find it a very disturbing but fascinating novel, but I'm making very slow progress with it because of the language, I have to stay really focused when reading this.

Went to the library today to pick up my sons' reservation and in the process I randomly found:

* Linger - Maggie Stiefvater

*The Bromeliad - Terry Pratchett (Truckers, Diggers and Wings.)

To Pratchett fans.......Is this a good book to start. Is this the beginning of one of his series? I have the Colour of Magic waiting to arrive from Amazon.

*The Bromeliad - Terry Pratchett (Truckers, Diggers and Wings.)

To Pratchett fans.......Is this a good book to start. Is this the beginning of one of his series? I have the Colour of Magic waiting to arrive from Amazon.

The Bromeliad is a trilogy (so it looks like you have them all!) that is geared more towards children. I read them last year and absolutely loved them. I think they'd be a good introduction to Pratchett. :)

I've started City of bones by Cassandra Clare yesterday and I'm already 170 pages in. So far, so good :)

So glad you liking this so far, it's one of my favourite YA series' :D

I am currently reading Laure Kate - Fallen and rereading Terry Pratchett - Lords and Ladies for a bit of light heartedness

I've already read Fallen and am curious to see what you think of it ;)

I'm still reading Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton :)

It's been out in hardback since last year but only recently came out in paperback :)

I'll have to keep my eye out for it, Lucy, thanks! :D

I finished Giants in the Earth after work tonight. Such an amazing story!

The Bromeliad is a trilogy (so it looks like you have them all!) that is geared more towards children. I read them last year and absolutely loved them. I think they'd be a good introduction to Pratchett. :)

Brilliant! I was worried that I was going to skip a book or something.

^ They are also not connected to his Discworld novels.

Brilliant. Thanks. I don't know much about Pratchett and was worried I was going to be reading a book in the middle of the DISCWORLD series.

Reading wise. I only managed 30 pages of Little Girls Lost before having work stuff to do. Still plodding along with it and because the pace of the book is quick. I seem to go reading it pretty fast.

Finished The Eyre Affair will add my thoughts about it to my book log later. I was at a bit of a loss what to start next but have plumped for Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris.

Having been doing these every Thursday night since October, it's only just dawned on me that play readings - where people from uni gather in wonky circle to act out Renaissance plays with a wine break between acts III and IV* - might just count as book activities, I read A Game at Chess by Thomas Middleton today.

Verdict: pure genius - the play's histerical, and immensely followable even though it's an allegory of the England-Spain rivalry played by actual chess pieces.

* wine = better (perception of) performances all around :D!

I just finished 'I am Number Four' by Pittacus Lore and I don't know what I am reading next :)

I have not read any books in the past few days ~ although this doesn't mean a lost mojo, but rather that my last read, Julia Crouch's 'Cuckoo', has stayed with me for a few days. STILL A BOOK RING BOOK ~ TAKE A LOOK! :D

A few books have been purchased though, in book form and on Kindle; 'Agatha Raisin and The Quiche Of Death' by MC Beaton (Kindle), 'Sinema - The Northumberland Massacre' by Rod Glen (Kindle), 'Before I Fall' by Lauren Oliver (book), 'A Home At The End Of The World' by Michael Cunningham (book), and two books by a new-to-me author, Kathy Page, 'The Story Of My Face', and 'Alphabet'.

I finished Fallen - Lauren Kate yesterday it was an ok read maybe I am just so far removed from teenage angst and don't get it, but I have torment waiting for me in the library and I do want to know what happens to the characters. I will probably try and write a better review on my own page.

So for a lack of anything fun to read I am re-reading Carpe Jugulum - Terry Pratchett having finished Lords and Ladies the other day.

Also I am still reading In Cold Blood - Truman Capote