Jewel of Atlantis by Gena Showalter

The Nymph King by Gena Showalter

The Vampire's Bride by Gena Showalter

Flirt by Laurell K Hamilton

Bullet by Laurell K Hamilton

Die For Me by Karen Rose

Scream For Me by Karen Rose

Kill for Me by Karen Rose

The Gena Showalter books I got for a bargain in The Works and the rest from Amazon. I've read all the Gena Showalter ones in the last few days and am about to start Flirt :)

Would you recommend the Gene Showalter books hen? The Works is a great shop for finding some books gems :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read a few Gena Showalter's in the past not sure if it was any of these though, vey similar to Sherilyn Kenyon but an easy read nonetheless hope you enjoyed them :D , I have given up on Laurell K Hamilton for the moment got so bored with her books, I did get a Kresley Cole from Amazon this morning part of guilty pleasure of vampire and associated paranormal romance's:mrgreen: have you ever tried her?

The Showalter books are very like Sherrilyn Kenyon's aren't they? I did enjoy them actually, supernatural romance is a guilty pleasure of mine too :giggle2: These were a bit corny in parts, but aren't they all? :lol: I think if you take them for what they are, a harmless, light hearted, fun read, then you can sit back and enjoy them. I use them to keep my mojo happy when I'm not sure what to read next ;)

Shame you got bored with Laurell K Hamilton books, but I do understand why, they are a bit repetitive. I haven't read any Kresley Cole, but you are the second person to mention them to me so I'll definitely check them out.

Would you recommend the Gene Showalter books hen? The Works is a great shop for finding some books gems :)

As I know you're a fan of J R Ward, then I think you would indeed like these Weave. A wee bit cornier, but harmless fun all the same ;)

I read Sandor Marai's Esther's Inheritance last night. It's only a short [148 p.] almost novella. I'm still debating with myself about it. It was an enjoyable read and certainly makes me think, so that's a good thing. :smile2:

I'm enjoying Room by Emma Donoghue Its a book that quite hard to put down.

This is in my lineup to read... right after I get through a library book that needs to go back!

Going to try to finish Wally Lamb's "She's Come Undone" today.

Having read a few chapters of 'Cuckoo' by Julia Crouch last night I picked it up again first thing this morning. 3 1/2 hours and 1 tea making break later I had finished.

Housework be damned, this book was worth it. :lol: I HAD to know what happened to Rose, the book's central character. I could not have gone to work without knowing how she would handle all the machinations taking place around her. A gripping read that I can thoroughly recommend to those who like their stories to be subtle but effective. I haven't stopped thinking anout the book, and \I am fairly certain it will infiltrate my dreams tonight.

It's in a BOOK RING, so if you fancy trying a new author, I would sign up for it. :D

I have read another seventy pages of The Secret of Crickley Hall by James Herbert. :readingtwo: It's an amazing book, and I find it so gripping, even though, if I'm reading and I hear a slight noise, I jump out of my skin! :giggle2:

Heading off to Waterstone's Birmingham with my copy of The Last Dragonslayer & the view to obtain the spanking new TN6 :) can't wait!

You lucky gal! Have fun, Giulia!

I finished reading my non-fiction Editors in Conversation last night. Now I'm concentrating fully on Madame Bovary.

Finished Mr Rosenblum's List today, which I sort of loved, even if the ending was a little bit too convenient.

I have 'Mr Rosenblum's List' waiting to be read :)

I'm about halfway through The Siege by Helen Dunmore and have downloaded the sequel The Betrayal to be read next. I love her books.

My mojo has returned :D

Nearly finished The Eyre Affair.

Bought some books today

The Tale of Despereaux Kate Di Camillo

Bury The Chains Adam Hochschild

Sharpe's Regiment Bernard Cornwell

A Pocket Full Of Rye Agatha Christie

Bitter Sweets Roopa Farooki

Regeneration Pat Barker

The Shack WM Paul Young

The Solitude of Thomas Cave Georgina Harding

Finished Little Princes by Conor Grennen. Loved it! I'm usually not a huge fan of non-fiction books, but this one reads easily. The story is so interesting I had a hard time putting it down. Highly recommend it!

Now, onto finding my next read!

I have started to read Nothing is Forever by June Tate and the House official guide. My youngest has been ill today so I have read quite a bit while cuddling on the couch.

Finished Something Rotten- Jasper Fforde and started Put Tragic Universe- Scarlett thomas

Yesterday I acquired a lovely signed copy of One of Our Thursdays is Missing at theJasper Fforde talk at Waterstones. Really want to read it now but need to read First Among Sequels first which I don't have yet

I read 40 pages of "Revolution" by Jennifer Donnelly last night, and will read some more before bedtime tonight. :) Also added 4 of the Richard & Judy 2011 books to my TBR list (Thanks Zumii, for posting the list!).