Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

I just picked up The House of Lost Souls by F.G. Cottam with a store credit at the local bookstore.

It looked intriguing and I didn't have to pay for it, so I figured why not. Has anyone read this? If so, what did you think.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:friends0: Charmy, I'm sorry your mojo has decided to go AWOL. Maybe you could pick up a fave read that you know you love and maybe that'll jump start it? Something sparkly, perhaps? ;)

I read a bit more of Deja Dead last night before bed and am on about page 250. It's funny having the main character, Brennan, be the only name that's familiar to me after watching the TV show. I know they are vastly different and I definitely don't mind, it's just habit for me to see Booth in the same sentence as Brennan :lol:

After work today I'm heading over to 1/2 Price Books since I was emailed a 40% off coupon, woo! Gotta love cheap books.

Well, so far I've read 104 pages of Through A Glass Darkly by Bill Hussey and now my mojo has gone :( I don't know why, I like the book and it's engaging enough, but I fear I may have worn out my mojo recently :wibbly: .

Sorry your mojo has gone walk-about Charm, hope it shows up again soon. :hug:

I've just started The Tenderness of Wolves - Stef Penney I haven't read much of it yet but it's looking good so far. :readingtwo:

Just finished Dragonflight at last. I was very impressed. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series, and I'll write a post for my blog in the morning.

Not sure what to read next. I'm thinking The Well of Ascension, by Brandon Sanderson.

Yesterday I finally managed to put aside my PS3 and my PC and sit down to read. Took about 3 hours out of The Neutronium Alchemist, and didn't even seem to make a dent. If it had been a normal sized book I reckon it would have been at least a quarter of the book. :(

I'm half-way thru Mark Chadbourn's fantasy Lord Of Silence. Excellent.

Bought The Running Vixen by Elizabeth Chadwick,Room by Emma Donaghoe,and Dark Matter

by Michelle Paver today.

I finished Nightmare House by Douglas Clegg. It was just the right amount of creepy without all the needless gore that I see in a lot of horror fiction. I LOVE this writer. His style has a pinch of Lovecraft, and yet is much more readable, with a soft flow to it. Plus, I am a sucker for the haunted house with the hidden rooms, passageways, and dark family secrets to be found within. He has more books involving the Harrow house, too! :smile2:

Back to The Solitudes by John Crowley now. :readingtwo:

Just finished Dragonflight at last. I was very impressed. I'm looking forward to reading more of the series, and I'll write a post for my blog in the morning.

Not sure what to read next. I'm thinking The Well of Ascension, by Brandon Sanderson.

I am glad you enjoyed it I red your blog well made points, I read a lot of her work when I was a teenager (many moons ago) and some of the Dragon books are better than others, she wrote loads.

I am on the last few chapters of Jo Nesbo's The Devil Star, I am now deciding whether to read the rest now or to wait until bedtime. :D

The lid of my water bottle broke in my bag and wreaked my copy of Vanity Fair. I was looking for excuses to stop reading it but I'm sad to see that happen to any book

My I-pod also got drenched, I am hoping the rice trick works irked.gif

One of my friends lent me a thick book with collected short stories by Arthur C Clarke. I'm not the greatest of scifi fans. Can't hurt to take a look at it I suppose.

I have the complete short stories of Arthur C Clarke, and I think they're awesome. :) I hope, even as a non-sci-fi fan, that you enjoy them.

The lid of my water bottle broke in my bag and wreaked my copy of Vanity Fair. I was looking for excuses to stop reading it but I'm sad to see that happen to any book

My I-pod also got drenched, I am hoping the rice trick works irked.gif

I hope both your book and iPod will be OK. :(

I finished If on a Winter's Night a Traveller by Italo Calvino and started and finished Penny Pollard's Passport by Robin Klein. Now I'm reading Freaky Friday by Mary Rodgers and a bit more of Plath's Journals.

Frankie is determined not to let me reduce my TBR pile because she gave me Ann Patchett's Bel Canto last night. :):friends3:

I am glad you enjoyed it I red your blog well made points, I read a lot of her work when I was a teenager (many moons ago) and some of the Dragon books are better than others, she wrote loads.

Thanks for the feedback! I'm definitely going to try to read more of her stuff now. She created an interesting world and I want to find out more about it.

Started The Well of Ascension today, and I love it. I'm only three chapters in, but there's already political intrigue, mysterious figures, and an army to deal with. I'm trying to remember the details of the first book, but I'm being reminded in time.

Frankie is determined not to let me reduce my TBR pile because she gave me Ann Patchett's Bel Canto last night. :):friends3:

Yep! :D In fact she's so determined that she just finished Property, another Rory book, so she can pass it on to you if you wish :giggle:

I finished Jo Nesbo - Devils Star yesterday and I loved it, I am now debating whether to by The Redeemer or to wait a bit.

That's the sort of thing I do. I'm trying to spread them out a bit so they last longer :lol:

I'm about 250 pages into my re-read of Peter F. Hamilton's Pandora's Star, of which I read about 150 pages yesterday.

hoping to finish How to be good(Nick Hornby) today - not too sure what to make of this novel, as it started so well but now seems to have gone a bit flat :(

looking forward to starting San Hayes' Someone Else's Son, especially seeing all the lovely reviews on the site!