Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 13

Chrissy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been interested in trying something by Zelazny because I always see loads of his books around. I'll be interested to see if you like this one.

I will let you know, Kylie. So far it is interesting.

I've tried to read The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster I got up to page 40 and I can't remeber what all the pages were about.

I moved on to Be- Ami by Guy De Maupassant

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it, lovesreading. But if you weren't, you definitely should move on to something else. I wouldn't continue with something that didn't grab my interest, either.

Started 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak last night, I have read it before but I felt like reading it again :)

I've been doing a close reading of Tintern Abbey, Wordsworth for my Lyrical Ballads seminar tomorrow. It's a really nice poem. I'm not usually a fan of Wordsworth, but I love this.

Favourite quote:

"While with an eye made quiet by the power / Of harmony, and the deep power of joy, / We see into the life of things."

Edit:

Also hoping to get some more of Dragonflight read this evening.

Edited by TheNinthWord

I've read some of Ben Eltons - The First Casualty It's the first book I've read by Ben Elton, from the little I've read it seems very well written and I think I'll enjoy it.

I've got a birthday coming up so thought I'd start a wish list, but so far I've only got Stephen Fry's autobiography on it! I think I'll have to search Amazon for more ideas. :blush:

It wasn't today, but the Saturday just gone, I got the new Peter F. Hamilton book "The Evolutionary Void" signed by Peter F Hamilton at the London Expo... a real nice guy I might add. Also meet the creator of Simon's Cat (search YouTube) and got him to sign a book full of his art work.

Went to see the book show with Kylie today, it was awesome! Also went to quite a few secondhand bookshops, but managed to restrain myself and only bought one book, The Great Love Letters of Men and Women or something along the lines.

Went to see the book show with Kylie today, it was awesome!

Another? Are bookshows/fairs a weekly event in Sydney? (we only tend to get them once or twice a year over here!).

Also went to quite a few secondhand bookshops, but managed to restrain myself and only bought one book, The Great Love Letters of Men and Women or something along the lines.

One book? Okay, who are you and what have you done with frankie?

I read a huge chunk of Pavane yesterday, and hope to finish it before I go back to work on Monday. Interesting book, a bit florid in places for my liking but I'm enjoying the overall story.