Jo Nesbo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just ordered 'Redbreast' from my local library on your recommendation, Karsa!

I just bought it today, am looking forward to reading it too. I love haviong a new series to sink my teeth into. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have started reading the snowman and it is fantastic so well written. I cannot say I have enjoyed all Nesbo's books but The Devil's Star was also a fantastic read. People are now trying to compare him to Stieg Larsson....I don't think he is anything like Larsson and I actually did not enjoy The girl who played with fire when I read it.

I always think it's a shame that publishers feel they have to reel punters in with a "THE NEW..." bla bla blahh tag. Most annoying, but I guess it helps the good authors so what the hey, hey?

Does anyone else read Jo Nesbo as Jones Bo when all the letters are the same size?

No? Just me then...blush.gif

I always think it's a shame that publishers feel they have to reel punters in with a "THE NEW..." bla bla blahh tag. Most annoying, but I guess it helps the good authors so what the hey, hey?

Does anyone else read Jo Nesbo as Jones Bo when all the letters are the same size?

No? Just me then...blush.gif

LOL, no do not feel like the Lone Ranger.

The really irritating factoid IMO is that Nesbo preceded Larsson by some years. But it's true, whatever sells will be the rule of the day.

<<Gets on soap box>>

New Larsson, blah blah. Wrong! Larsson's the new Jones Bo :huh::doh:

<<Gets off soap box>>

I have a confession: I only realised - after Pontalba mentioned it - that it's a sticker that can be peeled off the cover :doh::rolleyes::lol:

My big horrible 'Stieg Larsson' bit is a part of my cover so I can't peel it off which annoys me greatly :giggle: I don't think the two authors are anything alike whatsoever to be honest, so apparantly coming from the same region of the world means you're similar authors?! Interesting!

Anyway, I finished The Snowman and thought it was fantastic, can't wait to get another of his books in the future :)

My big horrible 'Stieg Larsson' bit is a part of my cover so I can't peel it off which annoys me greatly :giggle: I don't think the two authors are anything alike whatsoever to be honest, so apparantly coming from the same region of the world means you're similar authors?! Interesting!

Anyway, I finished The Snowman and thought it was fantastic, can't wait to get another of his books in the future :)

I have just got my first Nesbo from the library and am looking forward to reading it. I'm glad you think that he is nothing like Larsson as I thought Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was one of the worst books I have ever read

This is because he is nothing like Larsson. Whoever comes up with these tag lines wants strafing with a Gatling gun...

Both brilliant authors, both completely different.

Flippin' moronic marketing jack-a-napes!

This is because he is nothing like Larsson. Whoever comes up with these tag lines wants strafing with a Gatling gun...

Both brilliant authors, both completely different.

Flippin' moronic marketing jack-a-napes!

Absolutely, bl**dy marvelous!

I love this author, have recently read The Redeemer and thought it was excellent. I am waiting for my copy of The Snowman to be available from the library, cannot wait. Harry Hole is a legend.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished The Devils Star yesterday and am debating whether to go ahead and get the next one or whether to wait until I can't resist anymore :D

I'm doing the latter. I just noticed that I'm on my tenth book since I read The Devil's Star :o

Of course, the danger is that I'll forget all the important little details by the time I read The Redeemer. Harry who? :huh::lol:

I'm doing the latter. I just noticed that I'm on my tenth book since I read The Devil's Star :o

Of course, the danger is that I'll forget all the important little details by the time I read The Redeemer. Harry who? :huh::lol:

I know I have resisted the temptation to buy it on Amazon today but its hard, if I hang on a little longer there is no way for me to get it by tommorow and I will miss a sat post delivery because they are rubbish and I am always out...of course it means I will not be able to go anywhere near Waterstones on Sat either otherwise I will hear it calling to me. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if they have The Snowman with the older style cover on it, I really like the fronts of the older books and hate it when they change

51CCmIHPoCL._SL500_AA300_.jpgthis is the new one and I prefer these older ones

[/url]51EtsXs3mjL._AA115_.jpg

I'm in the same boat, Pickle :(

As far as I know, the older style cover was only on the hardback edition in the UK - the paperback has always had the new style cover.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snowman-Jo-Nesbo/dp/1846553482/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1290613502&sr=8-13

• 1 month later...

The Leopard is out in hardback today in the UK. Current Amazon price is £5.83:

The Leopard - hardback

The Kindle edition is also out today, price £4.08:

The Leopard - Kindle edition

Looks like the new covers to the earlier books are also being issued today :rolleyes: