Jo Nesbo

The Leopard is out in hardback today in the UK. Current Amazon price is £5.83:

The Leopard - hardback

The Kindle edition is also out today, price £4.08:

The Leopard - Kindle edition

Looks like the new covers to the earlier books are also being issued today :rolleyes:

I just ordered The Leopard through Abe Books, but it's coming from The Book Depository...free shipping but 21.39 USD....there was a paperback on sale there too, but with shipping it would have been the same price. hah, so hardback wins this time. It must not be out over here yet, Amazon U.S. claims the paperback is out of print. ?? Weirdness.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on a Jo Nesbo diet at the moment. Have so far read The Nemesis, Redbreast, The Redeemer, and I am now a bit more than halfway through The Snowman. I do hope that his other works will be translated - pity if they aren't. If I had to chose between the first three, I think The Nemesis is my favorite, although I am not sure whether it is because it was the first I read, or just because. :)

Redbreast was a bit confusing because it jumps forwards and backwards in time so much (and I was reading it while on holiday abroad, although I read Redeemer while on holiday too). Snowman is turning out to be just as enjoyable - I do love Harry Hole.

I am on a Jo Nesbo diet at the moment. Have so far read The Nemesis, Redbreast, The Redeemer, and I am now a bit more than halfway through The Snowman. I do hope that his other works will be translated - pity if they aren't. If I had to chose between the first three, I think The Nemesis is my favorite, although I am not sure whether it is because it was the first I read, or just because. :)

Redbreast was a bit confusing because it jumps forwards and backwards in time so much (and I was reading it while on holiday abroad, although I read Redeemer while on holiday too). It could also be beacuse I have no dates in the beginning of the chapters or parts in my ebook edition.

Snowman is turning out to be just as enjoyable - I do love Harry Hole.

Have you read The Devil's Star, Maureen? It fits in between Nemesis and The Redeemer, and ties up some fairly major plot threads from the first two books :)

I'm about 350 pages into The Snowman now. It's fab isn't it?

Edited by Karsa Orlong

Have you read The Devil's Star, Maureen? It fits in between Nemesis and The Redeemer, and ties up some fairly major plot threads from the first two books :)

I'm about 350 pages into The Snowman now. It's fab isn't it?

I haven't read The Devil's Star yet. I always seem to be doing that - reading books out of sequence! :) Now it has even become a tradition!

I have read 57% of The Snowman. I agree with you - it's fab.

Thanks Pickle :)

I'm torn. I think I've pretty much decided to read Lee Child's 61 Hours before I read The Leopard, as I have the sequel to that one waiting to go as well. Plus I'm worried that I won't enjoy The Leopard so much if I read it straight after such a fantastic finish to The Snowman :unsure:

So you hate waiting and I'm forcing myself to wait :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished 'Nemesis' which I loved. Needed to start on my pile of 'Books to be Read' by my bed (Picked up 'Wolf Hall' by Hilary Mantel which I am really enjoying much to my surprise) so I am delaying ordering 'The Devil's Star' for the moment, but it wont be long before I do!

Edited by davidr

• 2 months later...

I read all of these books after I read The Girl with Th Dragon Tattoo ones and I have to say I loved them all. I think my favourite was The Snowman. I thought Harry Hole was absolutely brilliant. The fact that "the good guy" had his flaws made it all the more believable. When more Jo Nesbo books are translated I will definitely be buying them!

I'm in the middle of The Redbreast and I'm not liking it as much as everyone else is, what's wrong with me?! :o

:lol:

Maybe you're not in touch with your Scandanavian side :wink:

:lol:

Maybe you're not in touch with your Scandanavian side :wink:

Haha! possibly, but I love Larsson's books though, and I've read Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, and I've got Handling The Undead waiting to be read...

I love his books! Am halfway through The Leopard at the minute and I am loving it!!

Have read The Redbreast, Nemesis,Devils Star The Redeemer and Snowman...couldn't put them down!

Tish x