Pets ~ Part Two

Chrissy

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And here is shanti..taken about 9 months ago.

There was no picture of Shanti in your post, I suspect you had problems with attaching an image? If you like, you can ask me or go to the Using the Board section and ask for advice :)

We've got two dogs, two goats and 34 chicken (recently gotten some new ones). I may post some pictures later, I'm currently on my laptop which doesn't have any photos on it.

Like I said in your introduction thread, I'd definitely like to see pictures! :D I have to google the Akbash breed and the Komondor breed, though, I haven't heard of them before. Pamuk is so lucky to have a happy home with you, after her awful puppyhood!

Edit: Oh wow, Akbash dogs are beautiful! :wub: Komondors I've seen before, I just didn't know the name of the breed.

Feel free poppy, she is really cute and sweet. When we come in, she meows frantically and she then throws herself to the floor, inviting you to rub her with your foot, she loves it..yet occasionally she gets overexcited and bites, playfully..then runs off in a fit of excitement.

That`s not stupid Frankie. Actually shortly after I made that post, I came here only to find my avatar had gone!!

Soon re instated for me by Michelle.

I'm happy it got sorted out for you! :)

Oh man, everytime I visit this thread I wish I could have a pet of my own, that is a doggy... Sigh! I will get one some day, I will find a doggy who won't give me any allergic reactions and who will love me and whom I will love and cherish... Some day!

Feel free poppy, she is really cute and sweet. When we come in, she meows frantically and she then throws herself to the floor, inviting you to rub her with your foot, she loves it..yet occasionally she gets overexcited and bites, playfully..then runs off in a fit of excitement.

Awwwww :) I have a friend who has two cats, and whenever I go to her place to visit they come to the door to see who's coming. The other one's kinda shy, but the other one loves cuddles and attention :)

It's really a terrible shame, especially if one's got a pet and then they get allergic. At least I know what I'm up against, your brother was fine to begin with but then got allergic :(

Yeah seems that way, he`s been latently asthmatic since being a boy but cats only aggravated it since late 1990s.

Yes it`s a shame when people have an allergy to animals. My brother had to stop keeping a cat when he developed asthma, watery eyes etc, in a cat`s company.
I have cat allergies and asthma too. Gladly dogs I'm allright with :). But as a child I really liked our cats, nowadays I'm completely a dog person though.

Here's a picture of our two dogs. Boris is on the left and Pamuk's on the right. This is one of the few pictures I have where you can see both of them relatively okay, they love to play so it can be hard to get a good picture :P.

IMG_5867_0.25.jpg

Edited by Athena

Here's a picture of our two dogs. Boris is on the left and Pamuk's on the right. This is one of the few pictures I have where you can see both of them relatively okay, they love to play so it can be hard to get a good picture :P.

Awww, they are too adorable! I love it how Pamuk is looking straight at the camera, and Boris is lovingly looking at his friend :) Maybe he's thinking, 'quit posing for the camera, let's play already!!' :D

Love those pics Athena! I had to google the two dog breeds as I had never heard of them either. What kind of chickens do you have? The ones in the third picture almost look like they have fur rather than feathers!

My Reuben is 1 year old today!!! :party: Where has the time gone?

Attached is a pic taken a couple of weeks ago. I think he still has a lot of puppy in his face. What do you think?

post-7534-0-63237600-1358075430_thumb.jpg

Awwww what a sweet dog, he looks cute! Congratulations on his birthday.

That's true, the feathers look a lot like fur. They're called 'zijdehoenders', looking on Wikipedia it appears they are called 'Silkie' in English (link), at least the pictures are very similar. We also have chicken who are meant to lay lots of eggs, they are kind of a standard breed but I'm not sure what they are called. They could be Leghorn, but I'm purely basing that on looks. Then we have another breed but I'm also not sure what this is called. It could be Wyandotte, based on looks. My mum would know perhaps but it's her birthday today so she's busy talking with visitors.

Awwww what a sweet dog, he looks cute! Congratulations on his birthday.

Thanks, Athena. He is very cute and sweet. :smile:

That's true, the feathers look a lot like fur. They're called 'zijdehoenders', looking on Wikipedia it appears they are called 'Silkie' in English (link), at least the pictures are very similar. We also have chicken who are meant to lay lots of eggs, they are kind of a standard breed but I'm not sure what they are called. They could be Leghorn, but I'm purely basing that on looks. Then we have another breed but I'm also not sure what this is called. It could be Wyandotte, based on looks. My mum would know perhaps but it's her birthday today so she's busy talking with visitors.

Thanks - I like the look of the Silkie ones. A co-worker has a lot of chickens and she's always mentioning different breeds and showing pictures, and I'd never seen the Silkies before. I shall ask her about them on Monday...she will probably end up buying some if she can find them.

Awwww :D He's as adorable as ever, and yeah I can see the puppyness in him still! :wub: Many congratulations to Reuben on his Birthday! Give him a cuddle for me, will you, bobblybear! :friends3:

Will do, Frankie. He loves his cuddles. :D

Thanks Chaliepud and Lilywhite. We do measure out his food so he doesn't get too porky. He's a very greedy pup though, and has once managed to snatch bacon out of my hand just as I was about to put it in the frying pan! :giggle:

Thanks Chaliepud and Lilywhite. We do measure out his food so he doesn't get too porky. He's a very greedy pup though, and has once managed to snatch bacon out of my hand just as I was about to put it in the frying pan! :giggle:

Hehehe :D Well who could resist a bit of snacking :giggle2: