The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww, such a sweet movie, CW! I unfortunately watched 'The Ugly Truth' the other night. Every once in awhile I get into a rom com mood and this time it wasn't pretty :D.

I watched American President this afternoon. Written by Aaron Sorkin who also wrote the first four series of West Wing, it was a tad more fluffy than the West Wing, but entertaining nonetheless.

I watched The Damned United last night. I'm not into football at all, but I thought it was an excellent film. The portrayals were brilliant (I think Michael Sheen is a bit of a genius) and the story was compelling throughout. For those who don't know, it's about Brian Clough's ill-fated 44 days as manager of Leeds United.

I started re-watching Angel last week*, and got up to I Will Remember You last night. I think I now know the exact moment Twilight and half-a-dozen other Buffy wannabes were conceived!

*Well, re-watching season one, I have all five seasons here to watch but have only seen up to the end of season three, previously.

Unforgiven

Pale Rider

Dirty Harry

It's Clint Eastwood month or something on ITV4

:)

I watched American President this afternoon. Written by Aaron Sorkin who also wrote the first four series of West Wing, it was a tad more fluffy than the West Wing, but entertaining nonetheless.

Are you a WW fan, Coffin Nail? Aaron Sorkin is a genius writer, I love all his stuff! :)

I must admit I do have a few guilty pleasure romcoms, CW!:D But I think they used to make them a lot better than they do nowadays.

Amazing. Film making at its best!

We loved it, and are considering going back to see it again. I'd posted a few pages back. It was mind bending!

We watched The Aviator on DVD tonight. What an intense portrayal of Howard Hughes.

I'd seen it before, but forgotten lots of things, heck, if it wasn't for Hughes, Pan Am Airlines would have had a monopoly on international airlines. I'd forgotten that Hughes owned TWA.

Edited by pontalba

Are you a WW fan, Coffin Nail? Aaron Sorkin is a genius writer, I love all his stuff! :D

I didn't catch up with West Wing until it was all over. I loved it. Brilliant characterisation, intelligent, slick scripts. Funny and warm without being sentimental. What's not to love??:)

Any other recommendations PF?

I saw Knight & Day. It was pretty good, I thought. biggrin.gif

Glad to hear it, Kylie, as I want to see that. I think it looks like absolute drivel from the trailers, but my kind of entertaining drivel :lol:

Trying to decide what my next film to watch will be - we're going to watch one tonight. Choices are:

1. BF informed me last weekend that he'd never seen Back To The Future!!!! So, I bought that on DVD today.
  2. Also bought Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs which we haven't seen yet either.
  3. I've also got The Boat That Rocked recorded as that was one I wanted to see, but haven't got round to it yet.

Hmm, decisions, decisions ...