Eurovision 2010

Julia

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, the UK come last again - LOL! I think the UK should understand two things from our recent years failing to win:

1. We need to stop using inexperienced nobodies and get in someone with some serious experience behind then and who knows what they're doing.

2. We need to stop writing a song for Eurovision and just start writing a song instead. There are hundreds of brilliant songwriters out there (many of them singer songwriters) who could come up with something WAY better than the pap we enter year after year.

We deserved to come low down on the table (perhaps not last, but certainly close to it) for the rubbish song we entered. THe poor lad did a fairly decent job of it, but hit a ocuple of duff notes at the end.

And sorry, but I hated the German entry - the song was awful and she couldn't sing for toffee. Turkey were far better. :lol:

The dance everyone did in the half-time entertainment was epic - loved that!

Actually I can understand that many people don't like Lenas Satellite. When I first heard it I thought: What a rubbish. But after listening to it for a few times I began to really like it :lol:

Edited by Julia

So, the UK come last again - LOL! I think the UK should understand two things from our recent years failing to win:

1. We need to stop using inexperienced nobodies and get in someone with some serious experience behind then and who knows what they're doing.

2. We need to stop writing a song for Eurovision and just start writing a song instead. There are hundreds of brilliant songwriters out there (many of them singer songwriters) who could come up with something WAY better than the pap we enter year after year.

We deserved to come low down on the table (perhaps not last, but certainly close to it) for the rubbish song we entered. THe poor lad did a fairly decent job of it, but hit a ocuple of duff notes at the end.

And sorry, but I hated the German entry - the song was awful and she couldn't sing for toffee. Turkey were far better. :lol:

The dance everyone did in the half-time entertainment was epic - loved that!

But it's a well known fact that the UK could put their best singer/songwriter ever into the competetion and we would still come last .. or near it. The voting is so political, you can always predict who is going to vote for who. We should pull out of it and stop funding it. Still keep it on the TV but not participate.

No decent UK singer or group would ever want to be associated with it, they know it's a poisoned chalice. It's really a refuge now for the hopeful or desperate (as far as the UK entries are concerned) .. and in any case the sort of songs that win or do well are just not the sort of songs that we do well here, or not anymore anyway, the nearest we ever have been to it is glam rock in the 70's.

Radiohead once said they wanted to do it but they didn't want to go through the auditioning processes that you now need to go through. That would've been the biggest laugh of them all, to see a world famous band get nil points. Our entry this year was poor, but it didn't matter, James Morrison could have been on there singing 'Broken Strings' or 'Wonderful World' and he would've got the same result. It's not a level playing field.

Last time we won it was Katrina and the Waves with Love Shine a Light - great song and great performance. 1997, I think. Proof that we canwin - but only with a professional and a proper good song. :lol:

Did anyone else initially think the stage invader during Spain's entry was part of the act? And then that the guy that slid onto stage later on was another stage invader? :lol:

All credit to the Spanish performer - he never batted an eye during the invasion. I didn't like the song, but he gave a good performance and showed exactly how professional he was by carrying on as if nothing was happening. :D

Like me! I could write a tune! I could dress up in some garish clothes, pearl-ise my teeth, slick back my hai...oh, can't do that one...and show these Europeans just why Great Britain is called Great Britain.

Or maybe I could just hide in my living room with a blanket over my head? :lol:

This show was hilarious :D I loved France's amazing entry!

Really? xD I can't stand what my country tries to send to Eurovision nowadays, but I love the Fatals Picards, it was the only band that I liked (in 2008). I'm in love with Alexander Rybak, I wish I was Norwegian. :lol:

:D yeah it depends whats going on this year, Lordi was entertaining :D

:lol: That was a very proud moment in this country I have to say. It was nice to see that after that year others were more willing to explore that music genre as well, and it's not all weirdo pop anymore. Still, the acts Finland has been sending out after that have been quite horrid. It was like our winning never happened in the first place and we learnt nothing :)

Does anyone remember the dutch song? It was sooo awful, funny thing was most people in my country hated the song.. it's like, old folklore stuff but none of the good things about that. It's as ancient and not Holland as tulips, clogs, windmills and cheese. The image foreigners may have of Holland but it's just a tiny bit of us that actually like these things.

The girl who sung that song lives in my town, actually like 10 minutes from my house, and is related far off to some cousing of mine, don't know if she's related to me, I hope not. :) Can you believe she's only 18?

It's not Eurovision that makes the UK look bad - it's the UK that makes itself look bad by entering rubbish songs with inexperienced performers.

Well, I allways thought it is a political thing and you only win with many countries liking you. But can't really be so, Germany would have never won then.

@Sheeta: I really liked the France song. It was fun and perfect for a party and actually a really good thing after all this ballades!

@Univerze: Yeah, I watched the song in the internet after all this remarks made in German TV. Well, I must say, I didn't really liked it, but I don't think it was bad. I thought it was funny.

Really? xD I can't stand what my country tries to send to Eurovision nowadays, but I love the Fatals Picards, it was the only band that I liked (in 2008). I'm in love with Alexander Rybak, I wish I was Norwegian. :blush:

It was so horrifically BAD that i loved it :lol: