What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching Four Weddings US. I love hating these types of shows!

I sit here muttering and griping and condemning the b*tchiness of the competing brides. Great (awful) stuff. :D

That sums up my feelings towards it too (well, the Oz version; we don't get the US version here). They're just awful people aren't they? I can't imagine what possesses people to want to go on that show. Is a free honeymoon really worth having people you don't like at your wedding so they can tear your wedding to shreds in front of the country/world?

I'm watching Junior Masterchef.

• 3 weeks later...

The Godfather II is on tv right now (here in Holland, on a channel from Belgium). Last week they showed part I. I'm not very fond of violent movies and Godfather isn't really my taste of film, but I have to admit there are a few interesting scenes in it. My children wanted to watch the Godfather movies for years and are very happy to get the chance now. They have to go to school tomorrow, so I'm recording the second movie now. Next week the last movie will be shown and then finally peace. I know most people think The Godfather was an excellent movie and they love the main characters, but to me they're all killers and criminals who are just interested in money and power, for myself I'd rather not have such people as my heroes, old fashioned? Maybe I am.

It is becoming more and more a trend nowadays to have criminals as heroes. Ocean's 11 comes to mind, I haven't watched the other Ocean movies though. If someone becomes a criminal because that person is very poor and nobody helps to find food or clothing, then to survive that person might steal, that's a different situation. But to become a criminal just to have more money than they already have and/or power and have movies portray such people as heroes, that is just a bit too much for me.

Don't mind me, I'm a 34-year old who seems to have become old-fashioned already, before reaching the biological age of old people. :)

Edited by sadya

• 1 month later...

I'm currently watching Becoming Jane Austen. I dislike Anne Hathaway, I mean she has talent and everything, but she's in everything nowadays, and I don't like the fact that they've cast an American actor to play Jane. However, as the movie played on the background while I was writing some book reviews, I took a peek every now and then and now I'm mesmerized. And I want to read Austen! It's been ages since I've last read a book by her.

Meet Me In St Louis - a stalwart of Christmas viewing, although when I was younger, I always used to watch it as the last film on Christmas Eve rather than during the day.

I'm currently watching Becoming Jane Austen. I dislike Anne Hathaway, I mean she has talent and everything, but she's in everything nowadays, and I don't like the fact that they've cast an American actor to play Jane. However, as the movie played on the background while I was writing some book reviews, I took a peek every now and then and now I'm mesmerized. And I want to read Austen! It's been ages since I've last read a book by her.

I've been hankering to read Austen again as well frankie - I'm thinking of maybe reading one or two a month from January to savour them over a few months.

I've been hankering to read Austen again as well frankie - I'm thinking of maybe reading one or two a month from January to savour them over a few months.

A great idea. If only there weren't so many other books to read :blush2:

I'm currently watching The Royle Family, there was a marathon of it last night and I taped it. It's been many years since I've last watched it, it's still bloody brilliant :D