What are you watching now?

Lilywhite

Talk about Bones: You must know the TV series Freaks and Geeks? Did you know that the guy who plays Sam (the geeky little brother of Lindsay) is also on Bones? He's grown up and quite nicely too ;)

Of course I know Freaks and Geeks, Frankie! It's one of my fave TV series and I'm still bitter about it getting canceled. And yes I did know that Sam is now Lance Sweets on Bones :D. I think everyone from F&G went on to bigger and better things in fact. It was such a great show though.

Right now I'm watching Vampire Diaries and then a new episode of Bones is on, yeeeeah! I love Thursdays :D.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I know Freaks and Geeks, Frankie! It's one of my fave TV series and I'm still bitter about it getting canceled. And yes I did know that Sam is now Lance Sweets on Bones :D. I think everyone from F&G went on to bigger and better things in fact. It was such a great show though.

It's definitely an excellent show and I have no idea why it was cancelled. Just like My So-Called Life. Both were really popular and well-liked, and then they got the axe. I mean, F&G is rated 9,5 on imdb, you don't see those kinds of ratings very often!! I don't remember much about the series when I was watching it for the first time when it aired on TV, but I remember really liking it and I've always thought I definitely need to watch it again, and now it's even better than I remembered. I really like Bill (who was my least favorite character the first time I watched F&G), he has the best punch lines, and I also like Nick. I hear he was chosen for How I Met Your Mother because the show's producers/writers/can't-remember loved him in F&G :) Busy Philipps is also doing a great job, I see her everywhere nowadays and I've always been wondering where is it that I originally know her from, and now I know it's from F&G. Oh, and I had the biggest crush on Seth Rogen when I first watched the show, but now he's everywhere, doing the kinds of movies/characters that I don't usually like, and I feel so alienated. But good for him, for making it so big :)

I'll be watching more episodes of Freaks & Geeks today, yay :cool:

Twilight. I've never read the books or seen the movies, but it's on telly so I thought I'd check in and see what all the fuss is about. The plot (in the beginning, at least) is a lot like the Roswell TV series.

It's definitely an excellent show and I have no idea why it was cancelled. Just like My So-Called Life. Both were really popular and well-liked, and then they got the axe. I mean, F&G is rated 9,5 on imdb, you don't see those kinds of ratings very often!! I don't remember much about the series when I was watching it for the first time when it aired on TV, but I remember really liking it and I've always thought I definitely need to watch it again, and now it's even better than I remembered. I really like Bill (who was my least favorite character the first time I watched F&G), he has the best punch lines, and I also like Nick. I hear he was chosen for How I Met Your Mother because the show's producers/writers/can't-remember loved him in F&G :) Busy Philipps is also doing a great job, I see her everywhere nowadays and I've always been wondering where is it that I originally know her from, and now I know it's from F&G. Oh, and I had the biggest crush on Seth Rogen when I first watched the show, but now he's everywhere, doing the kinds of movies/characters that I don't usually like, and I feel so alienated. But good for him, for making it so big :)

Hollywood does idiotic things sometimes, canceling shows that are loved so much by fans :rolleyes:. I haven't watched F&G since it's been on TV either but I would love to see it again. I keep my eye on the DVDs but they still haven't come down in price after all these years. I love Bill! He was hilarious in that show. I remember crying I was laughing so hard at how he said in one episode that he couldn't do something with Sam and the other kid because 'Falcon Crest' was going to be on TV :lol: That was a fave show of mine wayyy back when.

I remember first having a thing for James Franco on that show. He was such an excellent slacker! The actress who played the main girl (can't remember her name) had a pretty good role on ER, but I haven't seen her since. Oh! Frankie, if you haven't seen 'Adventureland,' I would check it out since Bill has a great part in it :D.

Right now I'm re-watching last night's Bones episode before I head to work. It was so gut-wrenching and sad yet one of the best episodes ever, that I had to watch it again.

Edited by peacefield

I've now watched all of the 18 episodes of Freeks and Geaks and I'm sad that it's ended for me. It was definitely worth watching, peace, you've got to get the DVDs asap!!! No matter what the price. Bill also didn't want to do something with the guys because Dallas was on TV :D I loved hearing about the TV shows that were on at the time (not that I've watched many of them, although I recognised the show Soap, which is awesome!), and I loved hearing the music of the days. I definitely want to try listening to The Who and Dead Kennedys etc. now.

Thanks for the Adventureland tip, peace, I was going to watch it ayways because Jesse Eisenberg is in it, but now I have all the more reason to watch it :smile2: And do you know what? I've always liked jeans with flares and all the hippy kind of clothes, and I happen to own a jacket just like Bill's! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw he was wearing the exact same jacket that I own.

Awww man! I'm jealous you got to watch all 18 eps, Frankie. Dallas! That must've been what I was thinking of, not Falcon Crest. Those two shows were on one after another on Friday nights so I always get them mixed up. I was just having a lengthy discussion the other night with a friend of mine about all the great TV shows that were out in the 70's and early 80's. I hope you get to see some of them! I was huge into Loveboat and Fantasy Island :D.

A Bill jacket, cool! You would've fit in perfectly in the F&G world, Frankie! Fashion-wise, not because you're a freak or a geek ;). I should've saved my clothes from that era to pass on to you. Some stuff was cool but man, some things I'm glad to be rid of!

Awww man! I'm jealous you got to watch all 18 eps, Frankie. Dallas! That must've been what I was thinking of, not Falcon Crest. Those two shows were on one after another on Friday nights so I always get them mixed up. I was just having a lengthy discussion the other night with a friend of mine about all the great TV shows that were out in the 70's and early 80's. I hope you get to see some of them! I was huge into Loveboat and Fantasy Island :D.

There are places where one can get a hold of the episodes :cool: Yeah I think you mixed up Falcon Crest with Dallas, because I don't remember him saying anything about it but Dallas, but who knows maybe there were two different instances. The movie Jerk was also mentioned, Sam actually went to see it. I've also seen it, it was pretty funny the first time. Oh and they were raving about Bill Murray and his comic routines, did he use to do stuff like that? I've seen Loveboat, I really like it when I was a kid. And the legendary character Fonzie is of course mentioned :cool: Ayeeeeeee! I think Fantasy Island might've been mentioned as well, but I don't think I know that one.

A Bill jacket, cool! You would've fit in perfectly in the F&G world, Frankie! Fashion-wise, not because you're a freak or a geek ;). I should've saved my clothes from that era to pass on to you. Some stuff was cool but man, some things I'm glad to be rid of!

Awww, I wish ou would've saved them, if only for laughs! Think about all the costume parties (theme being the 70s and 80s of course) where you could've worn them!!

There are places where one can get a hold of the episodes :cool: Yeah I think you mixed up Falcon Crest with Dallas, because I don't remember him saying anything about it but Dallas, but who knows maybe there were two different instances. The movie Jerk was also mentioned, Sam actually went to see it. I've also seen it, it was pretty funny the first time. Oh and they were raving about Bill Murray and his comic routines, did he use to do stuff like that? I've seen Loveboat, I really like it when I was a kid. And the legendary character Fonzie is of course mentioned :cool: Ayeeeeeee! I think Fantasy Island might've been mentioned as well, but I don't think I know that one.

Awww, I wish ou would've saved them, if only for laughs! Think about all the costume parties (theme being the 70s and 80s of course) where you could've worn them!!

I've not seen 'The Jerk,' but have always meant to. You mean did Bill Murray do standup comedy or comedy in general? I haven't seen him do standup but I'm sure he has. I think he was at his best in the late 70's when he was on Saturday Night Live, which was also the best time to watch SNL, imo.

I loved watching Fantasy Island. Every week different people would travel to this island hosted by Mr. Roarke and have their fantasies fulfilled :D. Coincidentally, Mr. Roarke was played by Fernando Lamas, who was the father to Lorenzo Lamas, who was on Falcon Crest ;). I have a story about Lorenzo that I'll have to tell you sometime, Frankie.

I think the worst fashion invention of the 70's was terrycloth, yuck. I mean, it's fine as a bath robe, but not as shorts and tube-top material! :lol:

Right now I'm watching an episode of Bones, from season 4. I'm only allowing myelf one though because I have to get my cleaning done!

I've not seen 'The Jerk,' but have always meant to. You mean did Bill Murray do standup comedy or comedy in general? I haven't seen him do standup but I'm sure he has. I think he was at his best in the late 70's when he was on Saturday Night Live, which was also the best time to watch SNL, imo.

Yeah I think they were talking about his stuff on SNL. I had no idea it's been going on so long. :huh:

I loved watching Fantasy Island. Every week different people would travel to this island hosted by Mr. Roarke and have their fantasies fulfilled . Coincidentally, Mr. Roarke was played by Fernando Lamas, who was the father to Lorenzo Lamas, who was on Falcon Crest . I have a story about Lorenzo that I'll have to tell you sometime, Frankie..

That sounds like a reality show to me, but if the host was played by an actor then surely it was not. It sounds like a strange format but surely it must've been very good because you and the people on F&G liked it. And of course you should have a story about Lorenzo, you know all the people from somewhere. So when are you going to tell me? :cool:

I think the worst fashion invention of the 70's was terrycloth, yuck. I mean, it's fine as a bath robe, but not as shorts and tube-top material!

I love terrycloth shorts, the really short ones :blush: I'd definitely wear them if my thighs weren't the size of elephant's thighs :blush:

I'm now going to have dinner and watch the last episode of Gilmore Girls, season 6. I'm dreading it, because I know what's going to happen :(

Oh yeah, Frankie, SNL started in '75 (I think) and was excellent the first 10 years!! Sooo many great actors and characters.

Fantasy Island definitely wasn't a reality show, Frankie. Usually 2 guests would fly onto this secluded island on a private jet and be greeted by Mr. Roarke and his trusty assistant, a little person called aTattoo. These fantasies people had weren't normal ones, but mostly the supernatural kind or something along those lines. I'll tell you my Lorenzo story in my next PM to you, AFTER of course you send me a PM first, since you owe me :P.

Oh no, Frankie's a fan of the terrycloth short shorts!! Trust me though, I'm not sure they look good on anyone, even the skinniest of people ;).

I know I owe you :blush: Some day, when you least expect it... :smile2: Well, you haven't yet seen ME in terrycloth shorts, so of course you don't appreciate them. At least mine would have a comical effect :lol:

I'm now going to watch Friday's episode of the Biggest Loser, Australia. Can't wait! (Kylie, are you still watching this, or did you only watch one episode just to see what I was talking about?)

I can never remember when it's on, but I saw a bit last night. It was an elimination round. Have you seen the episode with the trains yet?

I'm about to watch Supernatural (although I really should continue cleaning my kitchen; I have an ant infestation at the moment irked.gif).