Stephen King

Michelle

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the Dark Tower series does tie heavily into his main body of works, it's a fantastic series, i've read it through twice, it does take a lot of patience, but once you're into it, it's enthralling for sure.

I've been chatting on The Stand's thread about the schmaltzy dialogue between Stu and Fran being an area that lets King down. I've really loved some of his books, but equally thought that some were complete turkeys.

I thought The Stand and The Shining were magnificent novels, though.

• 2 weeks later...
I started 'Salems lot' the other day :D So far great!

I've got a book of short stories by Stephen King called The Nightshift & I think (I'd probably have to double check) that one of the stories is called Salem's Lot?? Would this be the same story??

Glad you're enjoying it, Sarah - it's great when it picks up the pace :D

Great book, happy reading Chrysalis_stage :lol:

Thanks guys :out:

I've got a book of short stories by Stephen King called The Nightshift & I think (I'd probably have to double check) that one of the stories is called Salem's Lot?? Would this be the same story??

Well the one I am reading is a novel of maybe 400+ pages, maybe the one in your book is a short different version? Not sure myself, does anyone else know?

Well the one I am reading is a novel of maybe 400+ pages, maybe the one in your book is a short different version? Not sure myself, does anyone else know?

Oooooh I'll have to check now :D

*skuttles of to the bookcase*

Right.......oh it's called Jerusalem's Lot and is a mere 21 pages long. :lol:

The story 'Jerusalem's Lot' is one of the stories in 'Night Shift' (one of my favourite collection of stories).

Not giving to much away, the story is basically the prequel to 'Salem's Lot' and a lot of what happens in it, is shown in some way in 'Salem's Lot'. There is a bit of HP Lovecraft vibe in 'Jerusalem's Lot' too, which I enjoyed, its a great story.

Roxi, chrysalis_stage, I really enjoyed it because there is just so much atmosphere, you can't wait to find out what happens next, its a strong story, very much laying the foundations for 'Salem's Lot', I will have a look for my copy of 'Night Shift', if you ladies want to borrow it :lol:

Roxi, chrysalis_stage, I really enjoyed it because there is just so much atmosphere, you can't wait to find out what happens next, its a strong story, very much laying the foundations for 'Salem's Lot', I will have a look for my copy of 'Night Shift', if you ladies want to borrow it :lol:

Same here.....I have my copy to hand if anyone wants to borrow it :D Just give me a shout!

Roxi, chrysalis_stage, I really enjoyed it because there is just so much atmosphere, you can't wait to find out what happens next, its a strong story, very much laying the foundations for 'Salem's Lot', I will have a look for my copy of 'Night Shift', if you ladies want to borrow it :D

Thats very kind :friends0: If you find it I would be interested in borrowing it, it is one book my boyfriend doesn't have of King's yet so I can't borrow it off him.:lol:

Thats very kind :friends0: If you find it I would be interested in borrowing it, it is one book my boyfriend doesn't have of King's yet so I can't borrow it off him.:lol:

Not a problem chrysalis_stage, I will have a look for it :D