Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost half way through Ficciones (it's not that long) and honestly I am finding it very dry reading. I get the themes, but I have read books with similar themes that are done much better than this.

I'm going to read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers today as I started and finished The Great Destruction by Melanie Ray yesterday

I found 4 Terry Pratchett novels dirt cheap today!

Discworld #20: Hogfather

Discworld #23: Carpe Jugulum

Discworld #25: The Truth

Discworld #30: Wintersmith

Yay! I've filled in a few more gaps in my collection. They have different covers to the other editions I have (actually I have two different editions already), but I don't mind different covers for this series because I just can't afford to buy so many books all of the same type.

I've also read more of Rama Revealed by Arthur C Clarke.

My husband adores Terry Pratchett but I have not read any of his books, must try too. I am halfway through The Passage and will be sad when it ends

I am done with Ficciones. I just can't read anymore, it is so dull.

I am going to read some Gene Wolfe, who was influenced by Borges, and I find to be a much more interesting read. On to An Evil Guest. :D

Well, , I picked up a bunch of books at the local village fete on Saturday - for 50p each:

The Secret Scripture - Sebastian Barry

Grapes of Wrath - Steinbeck

The Savage Garden - Mark Mills

My Cousin Rachel - Daphne du Maurier

The Cup of Ghosts - Paul Doherty

Heretics Treasure - Scott Mariani

Devil's Brood - Sharon Penman

So all in all not a bad haul for

I loved The Grapes of Wrath, Sue. :D

It's been a while since I read this book Kylie, so looking forward to reading it again shortly. (Maybe my next read).

Thanks

After my lack of success in the library at the weekend :D and my lack of inspiration in the book shop :D i have just been online and ordered

Tess Gerritssen The Killing Place

Gena Showater The Darkest Night

Tess Gerritssen Keeper of the Bride

:D:lol::lol:woo hoo

Well, , I picked up a bunch of books at the local village fete on Saturday - for 50p each:

The Secret Scripture - Sebastian Barry

Grapes of Wrath - Steinbeck

The Savage Garden - Mark Mills

My Cousin Rachel - Daphne du Maurier

The Cup of Ghosts - Paul Doherty

Heretics Treasure - Scott Mariani

Devil's Brood - Sharon Penman

So all in all not a bad haul for

Finished Martin Lukes: Who Moved My Blackberry? at lunchtime - will definitely be getting the next Lucy Kellaway novel which is in the 3 for 2 offer at Waterstone's at the moment. Very funny, I could really identify and recognise the rubbish spouting out of Martin's emails!

Read a bit more of Critical Injuries by Joan Barfoot. Also started The Three Musketeers, got a sudden desire to re-read it - I've lost count on how many times I've read it so far.

Well I went into The Works today and picked up 12 books :D I got books 1-8 of Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series, books 1-3 of Charlaine Harris' Harper Connelly series and Chelsea Cain's Heartsick/Sweetheart, and all for

Well I went into The Works today and picked up 12 books :D I got books 1-8 of Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series, books 1-3 of Charlaine Harris' Harper Connelly series and Chelsea Cain's Heartsick/Sweetheart, and all for

I read Gone with the Wind about 5 years ago and absolutely loved it!

I would also recommend the Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough!

I have not read much in the last two weeks!

Thanks for the recommendation! I just looked it up on amazon and I

I finished Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley

I'm just about finished with Plague of Doves by Louise Erdrich

Also reading The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien

On my list of currently purchased books,

Evensong by Gail Godwine

The Forbidden Land by Kate Forsyth

A History of the English Language (needed for my English class)

Still reading and enjoying Popco. Not at all what I expected - the thing that I expected to be the lead-up to a bigger, main story has barely been elaborated on 150 pages from the end. I have to say, a big load of nothing has happened in this book, but fortunately the character's background is interesting and learning her life story and seeing a few days of her job is quite compelling.

I read about 30 more pages of Frankenstein, should finish by Weds :D

I read some of Petite Anglaise - Catherine Sanderson on the tram to work. Im re-reading it as I was struggling to get into a book yesterday.

Been shopping and Dead and Gone - Charlaine Harris and Confetti Confidential - Holly McQueen fell into my shopping basket :D. I'm not happy though because the cover of Dead and Gone does not match the rest of my series :D