Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

Finished The Loves of Charles II by Jean Plaidy yesterday, and tonight I've started The Brooklyn Follies by Paul Auster. I've only read the first few pages, but I love Auster's voice here. So dry and downright funny.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nearly finished Shim Chong, Sold Girl by Hwang Sok-Yong, and it's the most interesting book I've read about Asia in my whole life. It's not funny, but I've learned a lot of things about Asia at the end of the XIXth century.

After, I'll start The Shining by Stephen King if my library is open, or Alone by Lisa Gardner if I finish the book too quickly. :lol:

Thanks for the comments on The Count of Monte Cristo.... I'm looking forward to reading it, but then I'm not. I think it's because I remember being forced to read classics at school, when in fact we were too young to really understand/appreciate them (plus they were Hardy - so depressing!). I'm trying to get stuck into the 1001 list though, so I'm game!

pickle - hope you enjoy Black Magic Sanction! I loved it <3

Finished The Killing Dance this evening. Written a couple of reviews, and will try and get through a few more (only 10 behind now!) before retiring for the evening with next book which will be Runaway by Meg Cabot.

I am part way through two books, Black magic Sanction - Kim Harrison and Shades of Grey - Jasper FForde. Kim Harrison was a read in the garden Jasper when i was still in bed :lol:

I decided to start Land of the Burnt Thigh by Edith Eudora Kohl tonight. It's an autobiographical account of 2 women who travel to South Dakota in 1907 to put a claim on a homestead. It's very interesting so far! My great-grandpa came from Norway and settled in South Dakota in about 1890, so it's a story that hits very close to home :lol:.

I got three books for my birthday:

The Lost Daughter by Diane Chamberlain (from mother-in-law), The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nicholson and Tatty by Christine Dwyer Hickey (from hubby and children).

It seems my hubby has worked out how to access my Amazon Wishlist! :D

Shame nobody bought me a new reading mojo - it's pitiful at the moment. :lol:

I got three books for my birthday:

The Lost Daughter by Diane Chamberlain (from mother-in-law), The Elephant Keeper by Christopher Nicholson and Tatty by Christine Dwyer Hickey (from hubby and children).

It seems my hubby has worked out how to access my Amazon Wishlist! :friends0:

Shame nobody bought me a new reading mojo - it's pitiful at the moment. :lol:

Ah, sorry to hear that Janet, hope your reading mojo comes back soon.

By co-incidence I'm just about to start Tatty. Hope you enjoy The Elephant Keeper I really liked that one :lol:

It took me awhile but I am starting to enjoy 'The Ghost Writer' by John Harwood :lol: