What are you listening to? (part 3)

Maureen

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about damning it with faint praise :lol:

:giggle: I couldn't help it when I made the chameleon connection!

Currently listening to Tom Sawyer by Rush. I happened to catch a document on Rush last weekend and they talked about TS. Apparently it's quite the classic. Had to check the song out.

Currently listening to Tom Sawyer by Rush. I happened to catch a document on Rush last weekend and they talked about TS. Apparently it's quite the classic. Had to check the song out.

Apparently??? It's the awesomest of awesomeness! As is the whole of that album :cool:

Well I'd never heard the song! I've only listened to Counterparts. I've told you I'm a very recent liker and listener :blush:

Ah okay. Well, Counterparts is a good album, but you need to go back in time a bit to get to the real classics, and the following albums for starters:

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals (try Subdivisions)

Power Windows (try The Big Money)

:)

Ah okay. Well, Counterparts is a good album, but you need to go back in time a bit to get to the real classics, and the following albums for starters:

Permanent Waves

Moving Pictures

Signals (try Subdivisions)

Power Windows (try The Big Money)

:)

Counterparts is a great album. Ex thought it was their best, that's why we kept listening to that one. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look them up! :smile2:

Switched to Live, album's titled Throwing Copper

Counterparts is a great album. Ex thought it was their best, that's why we kept listening to that one.

Yeah, there's some great stuff on Counterparts (Cut To The Chase, Double Agent, Cold Fire and Everyday Glory particularly). I do envy you - if you get into them there are so many fantastic songs that you're going to hear for the first time :D

Finding those Youtube links has got me listening to this under-appreciated gem of theirs:

Available Light

Counterparts is a great album. Ex thought it was their best, that's why we kept listening to that one. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to look them up! :smile2:

I'm actually partial to their later albums myself.

My favorite is Presto, which has the title track, Show Don't Tell, The Pass, and Available Light that Karsa mentioned.

Other albums that I think are great by Rush:

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Counterparts

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

A Farewell to Kings

I never cared for Power Windows, though. Sorry, Karsa. :lol:

Edited by Pixie

I never cared for Power Windows, though. Sorry, Karsa. :lol:

:o

Shocking! :lol: The Big Money, Grand Designs, Marathon, Territories, Middletown Dreams - what's not to like? It's their best synth-era album that isn't called Signals <<snooty expression>>

:giggle2:

I guess it depends at what point and with what album you got into them - there's a hell of a lot of material and barely a bad album among the whole lot (well, apart from Test For Echo). Everything up to and including Presto falls under the "essential" label, imo. It's the Hemispheres through to Signals era that is particularly special to me, though, as that was when I discovered them :)

I'm actually partial to their later albums myself.

My favorite is Presto, which has the title track, Show Don't Tell, The Pass, and Available Light that Karsa mentioned.

Other albums that I think are great by Rush:

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Counterparts

Grace Under Pressure

Hold Your Fire

Moving Pictures

Permanent Waves

A Farewell to Kings

... so basically I should just listen to all albums by Rush :lol: Is it wrong to find Geddy Lee attractive? :blush:

Currently listening to Kent. A great Swedish band.

... so basically I should just listen to all albums by Rush :lol: Is it wrong to find Geddy Lee attractive? :blush:

Pretty much, yeah. :lol:

And nothing wrong with finding Geddy attractive. I prefer Neil myself. :wink:

I'm currently listening to On by Devin Townsend.

Edited by Pixie